weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

what is there to say Dave. Yet another splendid environmental portrait. You really have an eye for this kind of thing.
She really looks lost in the moment doesn't she. Splendid (y)

Thank you Tim for the lovely comment and for looking. Each time I go to take photos of the vocalists I like to try and push myself even more, and they really do like the images.

Is her a willing model or just a street performer regardless it doesn't really matter because it's a nice image and fit the theme. I like her concentration and the effect she put into the singing.

Nice timing and good capture. :clap:

Thank you Stan for looking and the comment, yes they all know I am taking their photos as now the XF 50mm is on I like to go in close.

Dave

Autumn, definatly the first of the 2 is better. Nice and simple, good contrast in the colours and sharp enough.

Hollow, good find, does it shoot up and down like those fairground rides. Stands out well against the backround clouds even when both are similar colours.

Model, Nice image of a model singer, caught at just the right moment. It is hard to capture someone singing. LOL at Allan's comment.

Pete

Yep - lovely shot of the singer. Not quite getting the "Model" connection though.

Dave

Autumn, definatly the first of the 2 is better. Nice and simple, good contrast in the colours and sharp enough.

Hollow, good find, does it shoot up and down like those fairground rides. Stands out well against the backround clouds even when both are similar colours.

Model, Nice image of a model singer, caught at just the right moment. It is hard to capture someone singing. LOL at Allan's comment.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comments and for looking.

Good study of the singer, Dave, showing the intensity of her performance, and the background is thrown nicely out of focus so the eye is drawn straight to her. I'm not surprise they like these images of their performances (y)

Thank you too Andrea for the comment and for looking.

Yep - lovely shot of the singer. Not quite getting the "Model" connection though.

Thank you Dave for looking and the comment.

Model

Nicely taken, the light looked to be quite bright, but you seemed to have handled it well.
My only little gripe is the figure in the background.

Model

Nicely taken, the light looked to be quite bright, but you seemed to have handled it well.
My only little gripe is the figure in the background.

Thank you Dominic for looking and the comment, and thanks for being the one to say about the bloke in the BG. I did try to clone him out in Affinity Photo but gave up...lol

Needs a little lift of the whites to make it pop a bit more but otherwise nice enough picture of the stained glass

Dave

Tricky exposure, can see a bit more detail of the surround in the top right hand corner, I feel that if the detail is there it perhaps should be around all of the window or not at all.

Pete

Hi Dave.
I, too, feel it needs a bit more punch.
Perhaps worth fiddling with saturation / vibrancy etc. to see what you can bring out?
That said, punchy colours aren't really your thing based on the vocalist shots you take.

Hi Dave.
I, too, feel it needs a bit more punch.
Perhaps worth fiddling with saturation / vibrancy etc. to see what you can bring out?
That said, punchy colours aren't really your thing based on the vocalist shots you take.

Thank you Tim for the comment and for looking, I`m missing the vocalists now winter is on the way.

Nice set of diagonals in there!

Rust always makes for an interesting photo, it's got me questioning what filthy means but well spotted and the close framing works well

I've been working with or rather designing steelwork in most of my career and rust to me is just surface corrosion. Anyway, I love the shot and the composition with the beams running diagonally across the image. The rusty steel and the rotten wood all just enhance the filthy theme.

Filthy
It's a good composition and I like the tones, all within a similar colour range.

Works for me Sir, well composed, nice diagonals and some good interesting colours.(y)

George.

Nice set of diagonals in there!

Rust always makes for an interesting photo, it's got me questioning what filthy means but well spotted and the close framing works well

I think more DoF to show off the textures would have worked better

I've been working with or rather designing steelwork in most of my career and rust to me is just surface corrosion. Anyway, I love the shot and the composition with the beams running diagonally across the image. The rusty steel and the rotten wood all just enhance the filthy theme.

Nice colour, interesting use of rust with the filthy theme, hands would certainly be dirty after handling that. A closer perspective on the chain maybe?

Filthy
It's a good composition and I like the tones, all within a similar colour range.

Works for me Sir, well composed, nice diagonals and some good interesting colours.(y)

George.

Thank you folks for looking and the comments, will be back soon.

Works for me (y)

Good idea for the theme, I'd like to know more, is it a photo of a painting?

Hi Chris and thanks for the comment, I took the shot a few years ago at Shoreham airshow and in the display they had about 15 of these planes doing a dog fight. The sky was grotty so to get the old look I had a play in my Topaz plug ins.

good idea Dave like the heavy processing, they look very close together scarily close, were they?

I feel as though both of your latest images are a take on the theme that I wouldn't have thought of but they do work well. I wouldn't immediately think of rust as being filthy, but, as someone said, your hands would certainly be filthy after handling that chain! I love the colours and textures of rust and you found some interesting angles in the metalwork and the rotting wood. I wish all of the chain itself was in sharper focus but as an image it's interesting and colourful and you found a great subject.

Likewise the two aircraft didn't immediately shout Mark(ed) to me (I haven't a clue what I'm going to do for this theme yet :D ) but it's clear when reading your explanation and the processing gives it a historic feel, which works well. The planes look sharp and amazingly close, so it must have been a brilliant display.

Back