weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Motion is a good idea for the theme and you have done well to capture it in a indoor gig environment

Just popped in to see how people were doing with their 52 and came across some of your posts. I wanted to say Dave how sorry I was to read what a rough time you've been having. Firstly I hope all goes well with your operation - I'm not completely sure what yours is, but I have two friends who've had stents put in in the the last two months - it must be that time of year, or our lives? Best of luck anyway with the op and your recovery.

I'm sure your Mum will be glad to have you and Susie around for Christmas. It sounds like you've had a very raw deal :(

I'm not going to do the 52 next year either, but I am hoping to do the other monthly challenge which sounds less of a commitment. Would be good to see you on here occasionally

:clap:
ENV07iA.gif
A BIG hand to you, Dave for your sheer determination to complete this challenge and with this firm willingness I'm sure you will overcome the difficulties next year.

Sorry to read this, Dave. Your positivity and enthusiasm will be missed in here so I am glad you will be popping in anyway, and hopefully if you feel fit and ready during the year you will dive into the 52 whenever you want.

Motion is a good idea for the theme and you have done well to capture it in a indoor gig environment

Just popped in to see how people were doing with their 52 and came across some of your posts. I wanted to say Dave how sorry I was to read what a rough time you've been having. Firstly I hope all goes well with your operation - I'm not completely sure what yours is, but I have two friends who've had stents put in in the the last two months - it must be that time of year, or our lives? Best of luck anyway with the op and your recovery.

I'm sure your Mum will be glad to have you and Susie around for Christmas. It sounds like you've had a very raw deal :(

I'm not going to do the 52 next year either, but I am hoping to do the other monthly challenge which sounds less of a commitment. Would be good to see you on here occasionally

:clap:
ENV07iA.gif
A BIG hand to you, Dave for your sheer determination to complete this challenge and with this firm willingness I'm sure you will overcome the difficulties next year.

Thank you folks for the comments and for looking.

Hi Dave

Balance - I think the first one fits the theme better, 2nd is very colourful.

Crushed - not easy to spot the theme, but makes perfect sense when the post is read. You did what you could seeing the circumstances you are under.

Motion - just about made it re the motion blur. Verticals could do with being straight unless the venue is going into a sink hole and with your current luck Dave that could be it.

Glad you are keeping up with the 52 and I hope it's keeping you a bit sane compared to the rest of your problems, Keep your chin up Dave and keep snapping.

Pete

Hi Dave

Balance - I think the first one fits the theme better, 2nd is very colourful.

Crushed - not easy to spot the theme, but makes perfect sense when the post is read. You did what you could seeing the circumstances you are under.

Motion - just about made it re the motion blur. Verticals could do with being straight unless the venue is going into a sink hole and with your current luck Dave that could be it.

Glad you are keeping up with the 52 and I hope it's keeping you a bit sane compared to the rest of your problems, Keep your chin up Dave and keep snapping.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comment and for looking.

Hi Dave

Had a good chuckle at this image. What can one say. Ohh have a Happy Christmas and I hope your New Year improves.

Pete:)

If I was to be hyper critical I would say that you could of chose a better background, the dog blends in very well with the grass! Fun Shot though and I like it.

Hi Dave

Had a good chuckle at this image. What can one say. Ohh have a Happy Christmas and I hope your New Year improves.

Pete:)

If I was to be hyper critical I would say that you could of chose a better background, the dog blends in very well with the grass! Fun Shot though and I like it.

I like it, a clever take on the theme. Very witty.

Thanks guys for the comments.

Motion

Well there is certainly motion in this. I find the blue strap in the foreground a little bit distracting, it's just a little bright.

Loving the Tinsel Pooch :D

Good play on words bit of a crop maybe but the thought process nothing wrong with that (y)

Excellent interpretation of the theme Dave.... adorable little pooch! (y)
He looks somewhat pensive there, or did he just spot a tasty, fast moving snack?! :D

Nice one Dave.
That doesn't look like Fuji colour science, is it from the 70D ?
Oh, and Happy Birthday :)

Motion

Well there is certainly motion in this. I find the blue strap in the foreground a little bit distracting, it's just a little bright.

Glad you're feeling better and sticking with the 52, Dave, and I like the idea for Party (Animal) :D

Loving the Tinsel Pooch :D

Thanks for the comments and for looking folks.

I have decided to put my shot in now for the theme, as some of you know I love my vocalists shots and will be taking more next year too. Of all my vocalists shots I have taken this one shot of Sam is my favourite and best one to date. Taken with the X-T3 + XF 90mm f2 wide open. Plus today the Flickr staff managed to help me recover this account today.

Why I think it`s my best of 2018 is, wide open it`s pin sharp where it should be and I also like the editing on the shot plus the background blur really makes Sam jump out.

Sam by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
It's a lovely shot and the mono works a treat.

Stuck a spoiler tag in but it's not showing :(

Last edited:
Superb!
I remember being blown away by this image when you first posted it....fantastic detail, and you're right about the blur.... exceptional!

Yes, your X-T3 is surely a superb camera....but it also has a lot to do with the fleshy bit behind the camera....that would be you Dave!:D
Excellent image!(y)

Superb!
I remember being blown away by this image when you first posted it....fantastic detail, and you're right about the blur.... exceptional!

Yes, your X-T3 is surely a superb camera....but it also has a lot to do with the fleshy bit behind the camera....that would be you Dave!:D
Excellent image!(y)

Thank you very much for the great comment Gareth, the 90mm just blows me away on IQ and I can`t wait till it`s back on the X-T3.

Alas I haven't used my 90mm since I got the 50-140mm F2.8

You are quick off the mark this week, Dave, and well done to you for completing another 52s challenge. :clap:

As for the image, I totally agree with your choice. Well lit, spot on focus and the perfect amount of depth-of-field.

See you again in 2019 challenge. (y)

Thank you Stan for looking and the comment. Looking forward to 2019 52 :)

Hi Dave

Showcase is a super image for your showcase entry, I agree with all the comments so far about it.
Congrats being the first to finish and have a happy new year.

Pete

Last edited:
Sam was a great shot when you posted it Dave, and it still is.
An excellent choice for your showcase image. :clap:
Glad to see you get over the line (and also getting to the starting line for '19).

Thank you Tim for the comment and for looking. I`m looking forward to my third 52 on the trot and think the new members will be great for it too.

Showcase, you have a real talent for photographing people Dave, really enjoyed your 52 and have admired your fortitude over a s*** year.
Live music is part of the great four that rule my life, sex, drugs, rock and roll and motorbikes! (i am too old and battered for two of them!) so I have particularly enjoyed your music shots.
Have a great 52 in 2019.

Showcase, you have a real talent for photographing people Dave, really enjoyed your 52 and have admired your fortitude over a s*** year.
Live music is part of the great four that rule my life, sex, drugs, rock and roll and motorbikes! (i am too old and battered for two of them!) so I have particularly enjoyed your music shots.
Have a great 52 in 2019.

Thank you Roger for the comment, and also thank you for the comments on my 52 this year.

Congratulations for completing your 52 Dave.
I'm sure 2019 will be made of win....(my nephew said I should write that!! :D )

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing your images for the 2019 52.

Happy New Year Dave! (y)

Thank you very much Gareth, and a Happy New Year to you too. 2019 is going to be a great year for me, as I will be doing my third 52 on the trot plus I`m going to do a personal thread on my vocalists and jazz.

Back