weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

I’ll take the busker as it’s a bit unusual, was it a big crop as it’s a bit grainy

1st image - nice, candid shot, interesting interpretation of the theme.
2nd image - striking! Nice vivid colours, it's (almost) symmetrical too....slightly spoiled by the scrawling just above the nose....not your fault of course, at least it was centrally placed!

I agree that the busker is the more interesting shot, the fact that he's on his own in the frame lends a certain feeling of loneliness/isolation to the image....dare I say even....a little sad!
Nice light too....early morning or late afternoon? Either way, the long shadows add some drama, with the fencing 'leading' one into the frame....nicely done. (y)

First one for me, it does look a bit flat and grainy but it is well seen and a good choice for the theme

I’ll take the busker as it’s a bit unusual, was it a big crop as it’s a bit grainy

1st image - nice, candid shot, interesting interpretation of the theme.
2nd image - striking! Nice vivid colours, it's (almost) symmetrical too....slightly spoiled by the scrawling just above the nose....not your fault of course, at least it was centrally placed!

I agree that the busker is the more interesting shot, the fact that he's on his own in the frame lends a certain feeling of loneliness/isolation to the image....dare I say even....a little sad!
Nice light too....early morning or late afternoon? Either way, the long shadows add some drama, with the fencing 'leading' one into the frame....nicely done. (y)

First one for me, it does look a bit flat and grainy but it is well seen and a good choice for the theme

Thanks for looking and the comments folks. Yes Allan it was quite a crop as taken with the X100F, he was leaning like that as he was finishing off to pack up so the only shot.

Well the ex came back on the scene yesterday, so I`m in the middle of taking my cameras and some other stuff to my Mums. I really hope I can finish this years 52, if I do it will be with my little point and shoot camera, as I don`t trust the ex at all as she wants me out soon.
Very sorry to hear that Dave, hope it all works out for you. If you need to borrow a cheap DSLR I have an A580 you are welcome to use, it has virtually no value so your ex could not do any harm/flog it.
PM me if you need it.

Very sorry to hear that Dave, hope it all works out for you. If you need to borrow a cheap DSLR I have an A580 you are welcome to use, it has virtually no value so your ex could not do any harm/flog it.
PM me if you need it.

Thanks for the offer Roger, but I will say no thanks as don`t want to give her the pleasure. I will use the little point and shoot. I took my X-T3 and my three XF lens over this morning and I hope to take the X100F over in a day or too, as she wont do anything while her sister is here. Mum has said me and Susie can move in when I want so I`m taking some things over when I go on the bus.

Thanks for the offer Roger, but I will say no thanks as don`t want to give her the pleasure. I will use the little point and shoot. I took my X-T3 and my three XF lens over this morning and I hope to take the X100F over in a day or too, as she wont do anything while her sister is here. Mum has said me and Susie can move in when I want so I`m taking some things over when I go on the bus.
Ok Dave best of luck, if you change your mind do not hesitate to contact me, I keep the camera for biker rallies leaving in a tent and such so not worried about what happens to it. Fitted with the 28-135mm it also makes a very good weapon! Not that I want to tempt you!;)

as I don`t trust the ex at all as she wants me out soon.
That's not how it works Dave! you are entitled to half, or if its rented, no party should be worse off than the other ie she can't make you homeless.
You of course could always change the locks.

That's not how it works Dave! you are entitled to half, or if its rented, no party should be worse off than the other ie she can't make you homeless.
You of course could always change the locks.

We have always rented but it`s in her name, she has given me a couple of weeks to get out. On the great side both me and Susie will be safe and healthy staying at my Mums till I can get sorted out.

No need to answer, but if you are married, as above, if even you aren't the rules have changed recently, and co-habitants are still entitled to the same as married people.
The trouble is of course, the best bet is to go to a solicitor, but they are bloody expensive :(

No need to answer, but if you are married, as above, if even you aren't the rules have changed recently, and co-habitants are still entitled to the same as married people.
The trouble is of course, the best bet is to go to a solicitor, but they are bloody expensive :(

As the ex had all my money my fault as I gave her a letter years ago saying she could take out whatever she needed/wanted it left me skint. So I have been on benefits for a while, Mum payed for a solicitor a while ( OUCH ) and he actually said my best bet was get the hell out of it all and start fresh, that`s why I might move back in with Mum till I can find a flat to rent.

As the ex had all my money my fault as I gave her a letter years ago saying she could take out whatever she needed/wanted it left me skint.
Sounds as devious as mine, she changed all the passwords on our on line accounts! although the solicitor made her pay back what she took out!

I don't mind admitting that after the solicitor and barrister I didn't get a lot of change out of £10K!
however they saved me a hell of a lot more than that!

and he actually said my best bet was get the hell out of it all and start fresh,
Sounds odd to me TBH, but if you are comfortable with it, then I guess that is the best option for you (y)

Sounds as devious as mine, she changed all the passwords on our on line accounts! although the solicitor made her pay back what she took out!

I don't mind admitting that after the solicitor and barrister I didn't get a lot of change out of £10K!
however they saved me a hell of a lot more than that!

Sounds odd to me TBH, but if you are comfortable with it, then I guess that is the best option for you (y)

It was even her who changed my yahoo/flickr password, so I opened up another and payed for a Pro account. All I want to do is get some of my things over to Mums then I`m out of here for good, if I have to go online I might buy a usb internet dongle till I get a flat to rent then get internet full time.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing Dave, if someone had told me that this year I would be stood in a country lane with a helicopter overhead and five police marksman with guns trained on me(all because my ex said I had a gun) I would of laughed at them. I ended up with 32hrs in the cells and the police are now facing a huge bill for what they did to me.

Fact is that if a woman makes accusations and the wrong copper takes her seriously, you can end up in a world you do not want to be in. If I was you I would not be alone with her at any time and if you have to be, keep your phone camera on record. Luckily for me that is what I did and had the proof that she was completely making things up, otherwise I dread to think what might of happened.

Again good luck make and cover your ass!:)

if someone had told me that this year I would be stood in a country lane with a helicopter overhead and five police marksman with guns trained on me(all because my ex said I had a gun) I would of laughed at them. I ended up with 32hrs in the cells and the police are now facing a huge bill for what they did to me.
:eek: That is absolutely disgusting Roger!
I hope you get suitably compensated :)

:eek: That is absolutely disgusting Roger!
I hope you get suitably compensated :)
Such is life Cobra, out the other side and happy now! Police have made an offer, solicitor says not nearly enough.

Nice carpet Dave, King Tuts a little lost there maybe a different placement would have helped

Balance (d)
I like the busker. It looks like he's balancing on his amp/speaker as well.

Crush(ed)
Nice vibrant blue you've got there. I would like to have seen the Mad Max model a bit more on the thirds, but it works as it is.

I agree with the comments above, may be seeking out a different a background would make for a better overall image.

Nice carpet Dave, King Tuts a little lost there maybe a different placement would have helped

Ah, I was puzzled at the shoe horn for this until reading your comment. Didn't see the Mummy, so as Allan says, maybe slightly different composition would help (or maybe I should go to specsavers).

Snazzy colour, very striking...great interpretation of the theme.(y)

Balance (d)
I like the busker. It looks like he's balancing on his amp/speaker as well.

Crush(ed)
Nice vibrant blue you've got there. I would like to have seen the Mad Max model a bit more on the thirds, but it works as it is.

:D I was confuse about how this fits the theme until I read your narrative. Like the model btw.

I agree with the comments above, may be seeking out a different a background would make for a better overall image.

Thanks for the comments folks. Been so busy getting things to mums as very nearly moved out, sadly I dont think I will finish the 52 this year as will be so busy now. It has been great while it lasted and hope to be able to be back some time in the New Year,

Monstrous is a very good close-up, Dave, lots of sharp details and the fly itself stands out well against the green background. Good idea (y)
Balanced - I think the first is probably best for the theme, but the second one leaps off the screen because of the lovely bold colours. It's almost symmetrical too so it's #2 for me :)
Crushed - good idea. Sorry to join the choir and say it's a bit lost against the bright blue but the idea is spot on for me.

I can hardly believe the year you've had; you must be feeling pretty crushed yourself. It doesn't seem fair that you have to move out but it will be nice for you and your Mum to be together for Christmas, and I really hope you find the motivation to finish your 52. You are so close now and if nothing else it will get you out with one of your lovely cameras and take your mind off other things. You can do it - I'll see you at the end for a virtual high five!

Monstrous is a very good close-up, Dave, lots of sharp details and the fly itself stands out well against the green background. Good idea (y)
Balanced - I think the first is probably best for the theme, but the second one leaps off the screen because of the lovely bold colours. It's almost symmetrical too so it's #2 for me :)
Crushed - good idea. Sorry to join the choir and say it's a bit lost against the bright blue but the idea is spot on for me.

I can hardly believe the year you've had; you must be feeling pretty crushed yourself. It doesn't seem fair that you have to move out but it will be nice for you and your Mum to be together for Christmas, and I really hope you find the motivation to finish your 52. You are so close now and if nothing else it will get you out with one of your lovely cameras and take your mind off other things. You can do it - I'll see you at the end for a virtual high five!

Thank you Andrea, even though it`s going to be old shots I will finish.

I'm pleased you're pushing on with completing the 52 Dave, with all the travails you've had you're getting to the end when so many others have fallen.
And you manage to get a bang on theme image from your archive too :) You must have many many shots to chose from with your prolific gig/musician imagery (y)

I'm pleased you're pushing on with completing the 52 Dave, with all the travails you've had you're getting to the end when so many others have fallen.
And you manage to get a bang on theme image from your archive too :) You must have many many shots to chose from with your prolific gig/musician imagery (y)

That sax player is definitely grooving there, I can sense the vibe from here. Very nicely done, and the motion blur is perfect. (y)

With the back of the guitar player in the foreground there is a real sense of immediacy and being part of the scene, and I like the concentration on the sax player's face. Just enough motion in his arm hand to convey the theme, too.

Thank you folks for the comments. Just got back from the hospital as last night at 7.30 I had a bad angina attack as was out for the count till I came round in hospital, feel totally shattered but a bit better. I now have to wait for a phone call from a heart bloke as they want to do tests before Christmas.

Bloody hell Dave...
Take care.

I will be very glad when this year is over. Doctor said he was not shocked it happened once I told him of my months of pain and stress. Just taking it all very slow now and resting, my last two shots for my 52 will be old band shots now.

Back