weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

Dave

Unattractive - pile of tiles on a patch of uncut random grass, grabbed, but fits the theme.
Shadow - All are good strong shadows.
Beautiful - Nice striking picture of Susie.Nice colours against the background.

Pete

That's a super set of images for Shadow, Dave, and I especially like #1 and #3 for the strong lines and contrast; if pushed I'd pick the first one for the extra interest of the line of seats as well as the shadows.
For Beautiful, although the pic of Susie is sweet and she stands out well from the background, I do really like the lovely strong colours of the flower against the contrasting OOF green background so that would be my choice for that theme,

Glad to read that your Mum is on the mend (y)

That's a super set of images for Shadow, Dave, and I especially like #1 and #3 for the strong lines and contrast; if pushed I'd pick the first one for the extra interest of the line of seats as well as the shadows.
For Beautiful, although the pic of Susie is sweet and she stands out well from the background, I do really like the lovely strong colours of the flower against the contrasting OOF green background so that would be my choice for that theme,

Glad to read that your Mum is on the mend (y)

Thank you Andrea for the comments, mum still has some stitches in her hand hence why one of my shots was rushed as I am helping her out, and trying to stay up to date on the themes.

Had a walk up on the Downs and the horses played ball. One horse with it`s head down LOW to eat, and the other with it`s head LOW while walking. I know about the bird but left it there, and the shots are not rushed or grabbed, as I knew it would be this sort of shot for LOW :)

Grazing Beauty by Dave, on Flickr

Beautiful Horse by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
I just had a game of spot the bird took me a while :thinking: they both have heads down so fits the theme

Cant help thinking of this though, no idea why

What a good idea Dave, both look beautiful horses, really nicely done, an excellent start to the theme.

Thank you Susie for looking and the comment.

I just had a game of spot the bird took me a while :thinking: they both have heads down so fits the theme

Cant help thinking of this though, no idea why

Thank you Allan for the comment. Father Ted was great too.

Shadow - Nice selection of images I will pick No 2 the bike wheel as my favorite

Beautiful - Lovely portrait of Susie fits the theme perfectly

Low - A different take on the theme with 2 great images

Two super images, Dave, and you clearly had some sunshine on your walk. They both posed perfectly for the theme but my favourite is #1 as it's such a pretty horse and contrasts nicely with the grass. Oh, and I can't spot the bird - where should I be looking? :D

Thank you Andrea for the comment and looking, the Starling is between the back legs of the 1st horse :)

Shadow - Nice selection of images I will pick No 2 the bike wheel as my favorite

Beautiful - Lovely portrait of Susie fits the theme perfectly

Low - A different take on the theme with 2 great images

Thank you Mark for the comment too.

Last edited:
Some nice LOW chompage there :)

Dave

Both nice photos of Horses, I prefer the second one myself as he has a richer colour. On the 1st one the grass is greener and he is clearly enjoying it.

Pete

Two nice horse photos, have to say that personally I'm not overly sold on the concept for the theme but they do the job.

Good Low horsey shots Dave. I do prefer #1 as it stand out from the BG better.

Hi Dave, bit of a catch up :D

Three really good shadows, I like the wheel best. I can only see the picture of Susie for some reason. She does fit the theme, might have been better to find a different bg rather than black it out. Nice horsey pics, I like the first one best just because I like the colour of the horse more :D

Good Low horsey shots Dave. I do prefer #1 as it stand out from the BG better.

2 nice shots for low. I frefer the first. Dont know why just do.

Hi Dave, bit of a catch up :D

Three really good shadows, I like the wheel best. I can only see the picture of Susie for some reason. She does fit the theme, might have been better to find a different bg rather than black it out. Nice horsey pics, I like the first one best just because I like the colour of the horse more :D

Thank you folks for looking and the comments.

Nice shot Dave and in quick before anyone else tries the same shot. I like how you've used the card for a background too

First one is nice and sharp that would be my pick,

why did you do that Dave I've done bloody matches too :bat:

reluctant to put it in now, oh well back to the drawing board :sulk:

LOL, well that's everyone's first thought for the theme done ;)
Loving the sharpness of the shot and that the flame isn't blown.

Nice shot Dave and in quick before anyone else tries the same shot. I like how you've used the card for a background too

LOL ... but it's unusual to see it done not in the dark. Nice result Dave .... match detail sharp, flame soft. (y)

First one is nice and sharp that would be my pick,

why did you do that Dave I've done bloody matches too :bat:

reluctant to put it in now, oh well back to the drawing board :sulk:

Thank you folks for looking and the comments. @Allan.H I have been very busy restoring old slides from the 60s when we lived in Australia, so once I got back in I did the match theme and then printed off the old slides I`d fixed.

Back