weekly Dave's 52 Week 52 Showcase and Finished

An alley that's not an alley. Points for that. Not sure about points for the earworm that I feel is coming on!

I like the use of DOF, particularly in the foreground. Central composition works well.

Interesting shot of an erm.... heavy summink.

That's heavy Dave.
Fits the theme well.

That would make your eyes water ( amonst other things) if dropped on your toes.

That fits the theme Dave. What is it used for?

Interesting object but clearly on theme. I too am curious.....

That's bang on theme Dave and I'm interested in what it is too.

I like the use of DOF, particularly in the foreground. Central composition works well.

Quick shot but really effective with the dof and texture.

Interesting shot of an erm.... heavy summink.

Thank you folks, it is the Counter Weight to my Lencarter light boom stand.

Alley - fits the theme perfectly.

heavy - your counter weight! And with a story behind it if I remember rightly. I never did get round to buying a boom stand. Your background is great for this theme.

Alley - fits the theme perfectly.

heavy - your counter weight! And with a story behind it if I remember rightly. I never did get round to buying a boom stand. Your background is great for this theme.

Thanks Bebop, yes I had to get another counter weight delivered as the first one was old and rusty.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Dave. Any image that we post would fit the theme. Yours just happens to be a really good one! Love the smile on the face of the lady in the background.

Another lovely jazz shot Dave. The expessions on people's faces shows what a lovely atmosphere there was in the place. Nicely positioned light fitting top right too :)

I like this, it is well-exposed too. At first glance I thought the guy sitting down was playing a piano, quite disappointed to see it is a laptop.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing Dave. Any image that we post would fit the theme. Yours just happens to be a really good one! Love the smile on the face of the lady in the background.

Another lovely jazz shot Dave. The expessions on people's faces shows what a lovely atmosphere there was in the place. Nicely positioned light fitting top right too :)

The light on his face is just right Dave.

Excellent shot.. you've captured the enjoyment - the audience look very light hearted ;)

I like this, it is well-exposed too. At first glance I thought the guy sitting down was playing a piano, quite disappointed to see it is a laptop.

Surprise you managed to take a jazz shot to fit into this week's theme, Dave. :)

Nice shot and looks like a group of happy people enjoying the music.

Thank you folks, David who is using the laptop does get up to sing with the bands.

Heavy - I would never have guessed it's purpose which technically would work in a round about way for Light too.

Light - lots of instances for the theme just to make sure :)

There's quite a bit of light going on there apart from what is hitting the sensor. lights all over the pace!

You've captured a nice moment with people enjoying themselves - good to see.

There's quite a bit of light going on there apart from what is hitting the sensor. lights all over the pace!

You've captured a nice moment with people enjoying themselves - good to see.

Thank you Bebop, I am loving being back into my jazz photography.
I hope Thursdays theme is a good one too.

When I'm not shooting jazz I always have my GR III with me, as you never know what you might see. I was busy having a pint when the theme & tech were set and I thought OMG this is a great one to do so I went and had another pint but down the road. I thought how can I get both done when we have not really had much rain, then I went for a walk through the Brighton Lanes to get a taxi home and I was lucky to see that a few puddles of water were about. So Damp and Tech done in one shot. So two from me today.

Damp and Reflections by Rohan, on Flickr

Reflections in Water by Rohan, on Flickr

Hope you enjoyed your pint Dave

Nice couple of shots and well on theme. I like the second one best as I think the shapes of the bricks go well with the reflections.

That is all done and dusted! Reading your post, I was a bit worried that a damp patch was going to be the consequence of all those pints :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm hugely relieved to see the lovely reflections in the puddles on a damp day.
I like the simplicity of the second shot, but both fit the theme, and I like the B&W processing.

Back