weekly Dave's 52 Week 52 Showcase and Finished

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
So yet another year has flown by, so may as well set my new one up.

Techniques

Shadow(s) September/October DONE
Multiple Exposure
Panorama
Panning
Leading Lines NOVEMBER/DECEMBER DONE
dappled light July/August DONE
Monochrome May/June DONE
Motion blur
Mirrored
Wide Angle
Movement
Macro / close up
Reflection(s) March/April DONE
ICM Jan/Feb DONE

1 NEW
2 OLD
3 RECEPTACLE
4 BOTTLE (S)
5 SNAPPERS CHOICE
6 ALLEY ( WAYS )
7 HEAVY
8 LIGHT
9 DAMP
10 WINDOW ( SEEN THROUGH )
11 TECHNOLOGY
12 DISCARDED
13 FLORA
14 UNUSUAL
15 SNAPPERS CHOICE
16 TREE'S
17 HOLE
18 SUN RISE OR SUN SET
19 SPORT (S)
20 PARALLEL
21 METAL
22 TREASURE
23 SOLID
24 P
25 SNAPPERS CHOICE
26 ONE HALF ( of something)
27 POST
28 WATER
29 HANDLES
30 DUSTY
31 FOOD
32 INTERNAL ( s )
33 SQUARE
34 SMALL
35 SNAPPERS CHOICE
36 SCAPES ( town or land )
37 LOOKING UP
38 ELECTRICAL
39 DEPICT A SONG
40 LOOKING DOWN
41 RUSTIC
42 PRECISION
43 VEHICLE
44 AUTUMNAL
45 SNAPPERS CHOICE
46 DESTRUCTION
47 ORNAMENT (al)
48 CURVES
49 TOOL (s)
50 CONSTRUCTION
51 ANYTHING CHRISTMASSY

Last edited:
Blimey Dave! That's quick off the mark. Nice watches and welcome to another 52 :)

I'll believe you ;)
Though I swear I've seen something like these from you before over the past few years.
Have you considered a levels adjustment to brighten the whites and mids? I can't help feeling it needs more contrast/brightness.

I do have quite a few pocket watches, but these two are new as got them last month plus I have another one but with Dragons on it.
I will try what you say, but they do look just like this.

Ah interesting. I would have expected the whites (feathers in the headdress) to be whiter, but I guess over the years they will have dulled down somewhat :)
'twas just a thought anyway :)

Thanks for that, I think the Chief looks better.

Attachments

• Chief.jpg
    Chief.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05377mm.jpg
    DSC05377mm.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: LC2
Quick off the mark!

I prefer the lighting in the Marilyn pic, it has a little more life. I think the fact that it's larger in the frame helps too.

First off the mark - nice clox :)

Not allowed any more watches! Used to have a pocket watch but a trouser pocket and the corner of a table put an end to it.

For MY taste, the shots are a little underexposed but not enough to spoil them. I'm another who would prefer Marilyn to the Chief, although she would lose the colours that the Chief supplies.

I like both pictures and you've chosen the right one I think. The Chief just has the little bit of extra interest with the colours. Nice!

Quick start to the year, Dave. Two nice watches. I'm a sucker for wristwatches, too many of them.

Love the watch, nice control of the natural light and DOF

Not allowed any more watches! Used to have a pocket watch but a trouser pocket and the corner of a table put an end to it.

For MY taste, the shots are a little underexposed but not enough to spoil them. I'm another who would prefer Marilyn to the Chief, although she would lose the colours that the Chief supplies.

I like both pictures and you've chosen the right one I think. The Chief just has the little bit of extra interest with the colours. Nice!

Nice watches Dave. I think they benefitted from the extra processing with the raised whites/exposure. The black background works well.

Thank you folks, sorry for late reply have been busy.

Nice start Dave, I like how you've lit and processed them. I think that I prefer Marilyn over the Chief but that might be my boyhood crush talking...

First on the thread - well done! Interesting images to start with - I do prefer the chief.

Nice start Dave, I like how you've lit and processed them. I think that I prefer Marilyn over the Chief but that might be my boyhood crush talking...

First on the thread - well done! Interesting images to start with - I do prefer the chief.

Thank you both.

Two shots from me today X100V for OLD, the Brighton Dome from the street and plenty of getting rid of folk who were in the shot and the second is just for fun as it's for my monthly.

The Dome by Rohan, on Flickr

Inside the Pavilion gardens, loads of scaffolding round the Pavilion sadly.

Shadows by Rohan, on Flickr

It looks like you had a nice day for it today Dave. I rather like the mono shot as it's a quite different take on the building.

Your chosen shot of the pavilion certainly qualifies as old,

Thank you.

It looks like you had a nice day for it today Dave. I rather like the mono shot as it's a quite different take on the building.

Thank you.
I think I prefer #2 actually Dave, though I may have cropped up from the bottom to lose some of the shadow.

Thanks Tim, as the mono was for my monthly I left the shadow in.

I think that you've chosen the better of the two Dave. Is the dome as interesting inside as out?

I like the muted tones in the colour shot, almost like old slide film. The composition works well too.

Nice old stuffs Dave. When you say "getting rid of folk" that's on the computer yeah? :D

I think that you've chosen the better of the two Dave. Is the dome as interesting inside as out?

Thank you, yes it is beautiful inside.

I like the muted tones in the colour shot, almost like old slide film. The composition works well too.

Thank you.
I like them both, although prefer the first.. Certainly for the theme

Thank you.

Both fit the theme. Lovely bit of old architecture caught in some lovely weather.

Thanks Bee, yes it was a lovely sunny day.

Nice old stuffs Dave. When you say "getting rid of folk" that's on the computer yeah? :D

Thanks Dave, had to get rid of some folk who were in the shot plus got rid of the bollards along the path ment.

I like both of them, if I had to chose it would be the colour image ... both fulfil the theme though

Back