Davids TP 52

I agree with Mark & Clive, you've caught some really good colour there, a complete range of oranges, purples and blues.
I also like the contrast between the stillness of the pool in the foreground vs the waves of the sea in the distance.

Yep - that's a fine shot.

Stunning image David!:clap:
What a great start to your challenge...can't wait to see more from you over the coming weeks/months!
As for your image....well I couldn't add anything that hasn't been said already...it's a beauty - well done indeed!(y)

Brilliant start, superb image and lovely colours :)

Yes, I think Dave has a point about lifting the shadows a little.
Also, did you try other perspectives for this shot. It stands out as being taken from a standing position (looking down), and it can often be worth being more imaginative about the position you take the shot from.

I agree with the others.. there could be some nice close images of a beast of a coffee machine. Like the TP ref :)

Welcome to the 52, David, and what a great shot to kick the year off. Wonderful colours in the sky reflected in the water and lots of foreground detail, sharp from front to back. Excellent :clap:

Your second image made me smile. It does seem a little bit dark and it's a shame the red of the machine doesn't 'pop' more, but it looks as though you were battling bright light from the right hand side? I also wonder if a crop to exclude most of the cupboard below the worktop would work to bring the eye straight to the coffee preparation? Another (y) for the TP 52 reference :)

That's a good image David, very interesting.(y)
Looks like you take your coffee seriously...those Gaggia machines are very nice indeed.
Great fit for the theme, though as others have said, maybe a little lift in the shadows, but still very interesting.

local interest - perfect landscape photo, nothing to criticise!

pleasure - to messy for my taste, but certainly bang on theme

Simple and to the point :)
I personally may have cropped some of the bottom off so you just have the wall (simplifies the image a bit) but your choice really.

As Dave has said, you need to get on top of adding the link back here from the main thread. With 40 odd people posting your thread can quickly drop off the front page and then people won't find it to comment on.

Lovely start to your 52 with that seaside image, great hues and tonal differences, and a nice leading line.

I think I would have cropped the cabinet more and concentrated on the machine itself with the cups and give it a boost of the colours

I like the idea of the tools image and a great use of the RGB colour space ;) red spade, green rake and blue leaf collector :)

Pleasure - I too would have cropped out more of the cabinet.
Tools - I like the coloured tools and I like that you have them in RGB order

Excellent subject for this theme, David - I really like the way you have arranged them and the different colours. I might have cropped some of the bottom and ended up with a square crop to concentrate on the heads of the tools and the bands of colour on the handles, but it's just a thought. Lovely shot for this theme (y)

Defo a bit mucky and bang on theme :)

Back