weekly Delta Skies 2014 TP52 - Week 51 Extravagant & Week 52 Support (that's 2014 done)

Great detail there no crit from me

Craig
Thanks Craig
Hi,
Close.....Not into computer innards but as a macro shot looks great (y)
thanks Judi
Hi Peter, welcome back to the 52 (y)
I am just getting round to commenting on everyone's threads, I got here eventually :D
I like the abstract feel/look to line, almost like a watercolour painting, its an interesting technique, one which I must try.
Play, fantastic, you've handled the lighting/reflections well, lovely colour tones in there and the background sets it all just nicely.
Close, bang on theme but feel it just needs a little something else :thinking:
Thanks for all the comments Iain
Hi Peter - Play - lovely colours and lighting (I guess one is a product of the other) avoiding nasty reflections must have been difficult
Cheers Mike

Hi Peter ... the macro shot is excellent but it does lack the wow factor of your previous shots .... I think Ian may be right, perhaps it needs something else to add interest....I 'm just not sure what !
Thanks Susie. Definitely wasn't as interesting as the Play image which really did push me on the lighting technique front.
Hahaaa I got rid of an old PC too... and I didn't want to risk opening up my new one :D
I remember when I was a kid my Dad bringing me old circuit boards home for me to strip down to use the components for electronic projects. Those were the days when computers filled rooms LOL

Hahaha yeah...

I too used to love stripping radios and anything electronic apart to have a play, there again those were also the days when you could also strip your car engine apart and not need a laptop to put it back together or RE-programme it too... damn technology :geek:

Hi Peter
Close - bang on theme, well handled with the comp, maybe a bit overbright in places, but light always very difficult ( foe me anyway:(:)) partic in macro.
Cheers Alan. I'm tending to agree about this brightness
Ok Peter so that abstract long exposure stuff is quite addictive! I blame you entirely for a new obsession!!
Are you going to blame me for the cost of a 10 stop? You know you want one LOL
Love it. Great colours and the lighting turned out very well.
Thanks James

As others have said Peter, good macro, composition, lighting and reflections (y)

I like this, but I'm a geek and so memory's cool with me.
I like the close-up-ness of the shot but I think it'd have been nice to get the printed wording from the chips in focus too or instead.
Still, it's nice and sharp and I still like it. :)

Hi Peter ... the macro shot is excellent but it does lack the wow factor of your previous shots .... I think Ian may be right, perhaps it needs something else to add interest....I 'm just not sure what !
:plus1:

that said, love your 'play' shot, brilliant lighting, like sheet music background and way ring highlights '35'
look forward to seeing future entries

Great contrast of colours on the 'close' shot between the black/grey of the chips and the green of the PCB. Good work on the lighting too :)

Hahahaha! I keep looking at them. Can't decide which brand to get. Lee glass is too scary in my clumsy hands!
We've tried the B&W (great colour but it was a screw-on type which is a nightmare to use any grads), the Hitech (fits the Lee filter system but horrible colour cast although no problem if converting to mono) and the Lee (super although expensive but you get what you pay for I guess).

A nice sharp clean image (y) Shame its boring :exit:
Thanks Michael. No problems about the boring comment. These things aren't for everyone.
I like this, but I'm a geek and so memory's cool with me.
I like the close-up-ness of the shot but I think it'd have been nice to get the printed wording from the chips in focus too or instead.
Still, it's nice and sharp and I still like it. :)
Thanks Simon
:plus1:

that said, love your 'play' shot, brilliant lighting, like sheet music background and way ring highlights '35'
look forward to seeing future entries
Thanks Anita
Great contrast of colours on the 'close' shot between the black/grey of the chips and the green of the PCB. Good work on the lighting too :)
Cheers Mike

Week 4 - Bubble

Bubble Dice
by Delta Skies, on Flickr

I have to say I struggled with this one. I tried a few things but everything I wanted to do kept floating. :banghead: My original idea of a chilli ended up being too big for the glass as well. :arghh: I started getting creative with attaching pieces of metal and cotton to various objects but nothing really did anything for me. Ended up with some dice for second time so far this year. Exposure was 1/2 second with lighting using a hand torch.

Very effective with the black background. I am finding the rim of the glass a little distracting. I actually prefer it with the top of the glass out of the image.

I like the fact that this is still in colour but you have kept it very simple with just black and white. Nice lighting and sharp focus.

If it was my photo -- and I had thought about it at the time -- I might have put a ring of salt around the rim to highlight it.

As far as the image as it is goes, it's just about spot on and I have nothing critical to say about it.

Can't agree, I think the rim of the glass is important to show the whole story.

I really like the dice/bubbles, works well against the bg(y)

I'm not so sure about the glass, I've studied the image and can't just put my finger on it :thinking:

Beautiful shot! Love its simplicity, the outline of the glass and the white dice against the black background. Lighting is great too.

The dice and the bubbles on them is top notch - works really well....

Have you done some clean up (in PP) around the water line and under the rim of the glass??

Hi, nice image, works well good black BG and plenty of bubbles, i also think the whole glass should be in the pic otherwise it would be slightly odd

I like the dice and their bubbles ... a close up would be nice.

I like the shape/outline of the glass ... but there is something a little artificial.

I'm not really a fan of black backgrounds or any background at all

We see the outline of the glass, we see through the glass

I don't know ... something a bit one dimensional.

I'm not normally that critical ... so please take that as a compliment.

(y)

I am a big fan of dark backgrounds so I really like it...but I am struggling a bit to get in close enough to see the bubbles on the dice.
The floating is a pain isn't it, I had a heck of a job with my lemon slice !
Thanks Susie. Given that bubble/s is the theme then I see what you mean about them not being close enough
Very effective with the black background. I am finding the rim of the glass a little distracting. I actually prefer it with the top of the glass out of the image.
Thanks Diane. I'm not happy with the rim or the water surface especially on the right hand side but it was as good as I could get it at the time
I really like it. Very nice indeed
Cheers Simon
Loving the dark background and the bubbles are nearly all in line with the dots on the dice... Nice image..
Thanks Colin

Back