weekly DK's 52 in 2013 - Wk 47, 50, 51 & 52 added - FINISHED !!!

Edit My Images
Yes
I know I KNOW, not quite finished my 2012's 52 yet :D

BUT i have 5 in the editing suite at the moment and will be fully up to date before the new 52 starts (Oh yes I will Iain :cautious:)

MY RULES

Not many that's for sure - but currently

• I will allow myself No 'Jokers'
  • I will try not to post late - ok... not too late :D
  • I will try and comment on as many threads as possible, but as all 52'ers know, that's sometimes easier said than done
Good luck everybody - Let the Nightmare Continue fun begin !!!!

Week 01 - Sin
Week 02 - Season
Week 03 - Gravity
Week 04 - Wild
Week 05 - Space
Week 06 - Work
Week 07 - Gluttony
Week 08 - Time
Week 09 - Juxtaposition
Week 10 - Letter
Week 11 - Electric
Week 12 - Direction
Week 13 - Tacky
Week 14 - Value
Week 15 - Greed
Week 16 - Angles
Week 17 - Rustic
Week 18 - Kind
Week 19 - Re-Shoot of Value
Week 19 - Vertical
Week 20 - Pattern
Week 21 - Movement
Week 22 - Below
Week 23 - Size
Week 24 - Process
Week 25 - Rock
Week 26 - Pair
Week 27 - Re-Shoot of Gravity
Week 27 - Shape
Week 28 - Plenty
Week 29 - Speed
Week 30 - Step
Week 31 - Mono
Week 32 - Connection
Week 33 - Beginning
Week 34 - Still
Week 35 - Whimsical
Week 36 - Curve
Week 37 - Power
Week 38 - Solitude
Week 39 - Sweet
Week 40 - Re-Shoot or 'Beginning'
Week 40 - Cut

Week 41 - Live

Week 42 - Reflection
Week 43 - Melt
Week 44 - Left
Week 45 - Food
Week 46 - Art
Week 47 - Friendship
Week 48 - Sleek
Week 49 - Re-Shoot of 'Wild'
Week 49 - Colour
Week 50 - Fantasy
Week 51 - Fit
Week 52 - Water

Last edited:
I'm only here because there's no rules ;)
I just cut and pasted your weekly numbers, cheers (y)

I'm looking forward to this now, especially seeing the varients on a theme from different peoples ideas

Good luck with catching up and starting again :D

ey'up mister...glad to see you commited already...or is that You Should be Commited :LOL:

I know I KNOW, not quite finished my 2012's 52 yet :D

BUT i have 5 in the editing suite at the moment and will be fully up to date before the new 52 starts (Oh yes I will Iain :cautious:)

MY RULES

Not many that's for sure - but currently

• I will allow myself No 'Jokers'
  • I will try not to post late - ok... not too late :D
  • I will try and comment on as many threads as possible, but as all 52'ers know, that's sometimes easier said than done
]

How you can sit there with a straight face and type that?? :LOL: legendary!

Seriously though Dean, good luck with the 2013 52 (y)
Why do we do it to ourselves? :LOL:

Look forward to your posts - if you've got time with the great job you're doing on the welcoming / admin side of it.

Much appreciated.. :ty:

I'm only here because there's no rules ;)
I just cut and pasted your weekly numbers, cheers (y)

I'm looking forward to this now, especially seeing the varients on a theme from different peoples ideas

Good luck with catching up and starting again :D
Nice one... Cheers Bruce (y)

ey'up mister...glad to see you commited already...or is that You Should be Commited :LOL:
Shouldn't we all :D.. seriously going to try and be up to date this year :LOL:

Oi, get your 2012 finished first :eek:

Can I laugh now or later in January :LOL:

Glad to see you doing it again (y)
Oi You... I'm trying Marsha :bat:

Oh, mate, I really needed that :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome and subscribed.
Cheers Andy :D

How you can sit there with a straight face and type that?? :LOL: legendary!

Seriously though Dean, good luck with the 2013 52 (y)
Why do we do it to ourselves? :LOL:
I don't know what you mean by that :shrug:

Thanks mate :LOL:

Look forward to your posts - if you've got time with the great job you're doing on the welcoming / admin side of it.

Much appreciated.. :ty:
Thanks Graham... just trying to make all feel a good part of it, as others have always done for me (y)

Hi Dean, long time no see. :wave:

Subscribed and looking forward to seeing your progress over the year.

Not sure how you manage to fit photos in along with the spreadsheet and commenting on others photos - I think the commenting is going to take most of the week with little time left for anything else :D

You ain't wrong Christine :D

But I do enjoy the commenting, I'm still learning so my comments are usually minimal

The spreadsheet is easy after a couple of weeks, it's just a matter of adding Ticks :)

Happy New Year to you too mate. :wave:

Shouldn't there be a photo on here by now? :whistle:
Grrrrrrrr :razz:

You don't change :LOL:

<EDIT> Hmmmmm in fact, shouldn't you be singing up for a 52 challenge, I guess it would be loosely linked to mini spares each week but ;)

Last edited:
Exhibit A - A field Mouse steals my Sweets... how dare he :D

SOOC - Crop only, as not wanting to spend time editing in an old version of LR

Wk 1 - 'Sin' - At work... 'Theft from a bowl'

Taken to the other side of a desk, dragged into a Document file in the middle tier of a rack of in/out trays... the offending rodent ate all the Strawberry and Orange creams in the bowl they had been left in over Christmas, left sprinklings of wrapper everywhere ... Bless it :)

Wk 1 - 'Sin' by TP DK..., on Flickr

My ThoughtsThink the BG needs a bit of a clean up, maybe a WB tweak and should have persuaded the mouse to drag the blue one to the left a bit :)

Will do a bit of work on it when PC back and am using my descent monitor rather than the poxy lappy

Thanks for visiting :)

Hi DK. Got your shot in before week 2 starts (y) White balance needs a little tweak as you say. A little too cluttered for my liking. I'd just keep the orange sweet and wrapper with a few sprinkles and juggle with composition a little more. Need to train your mouse better :)

'Ello, my first reaction was, 'bloody hell, he's blown some sweets up!'. For me, it's the cluttered and dynamic nature that really makes this one.

Now I know you didn't blow anything up, but I'd like to think you did....gives me an idea for a future theme :D

Good start (y)

Cheers.

About time you posted something....the main focus for my eyes seems to be the OOF blue sweet which says you should have focused on the blue one :D but I'm on my third large whiskey and coke so :bonk:

BTW my first sin would have eliminated your field mouse :cool:

and probably my second sin too

Hi Dean, quite a tenuous link to the theme I think ;)
It starts your 52 on time though which is a good thing, playing catch up from the off can never be good eh? :LOL:
I find my eye drawn to the blue wrapper sweet in the foreground as it looks oof to me. I appreciate you dont have access to your computer to tidy things up so we will have to let you off.....just this once :LOL:
New theme tomorrow, onwards and upwards (y)

Hi DK. Got your shot in before week 2 starts (y) White balance needs a little tweak as you say. A little too cluttered for my liking. I'd just keep the orange sweet and wrapper with a few sprinkles and juggle with composition a little more. Need to train your mouse better :)
Cheers Darren :D

I did keep it as found, but played about with them after a few shots but they then became too placed

'Ello, my first reaction was, 'bloody hell, he's blown some sweets up!'. For me, it's the cluttered and dynamic nature that really makes this one.
Cheers Andy... that's whiy I took ity as found, not very even but a bit chaotic

Now I know you didn't blow anything up, but I'd like to think you did....gives me an idea for a future theme :D

Good start (y)

Cheers.
Oooo that sounds interesting !!!!!

About time you posted something....
You ain't kidding :LOL:

the main focus for my eyes seems to be the OOF blue sweet which says you should have focused on the blue one :D but I'm on my third large whiskey and coke so :bonk:

BTW my first sin would have eliminated your field mouse :cool:

and probably my second sin too
Hahaaaa... no I think you are right, I should have got my flash out to steady the shots up, but with work colleagues about I felt odd as it was :LOL:

I'll see what other ones I have :thinking:

Nahhhhh 'Really' :D

I was hoping... ok praying I could get away with ermmmm 'Theft' or 'Greed' :D
It starts your 52 on time though which is a good thing, playing catch up from the off can never be good eh? :LOL:
Exactly mate, I have all my 2012 taken now, just need to edit when PC back :)

I'm sooooo glad it's the Motherboard that was the problem, I was dreading it being the hard drive, as 4 of my shots are on there edited alredsy and ready for posting :nuts:

I find my eye drawn to the blue wrapper sweet in the foreground as it looks oof to me. I appreciate you dont have access to your computer to tidy things up so we will have to let you off.....just this once :LOL:
Your right... and Thanks (y)

agree with Iain but well done for getting it in
Cheers Allan :)

Last edited:

Hi Dean..... as per the above....Iain has a great way of expressing what I'm thinking but doing it far more subtly than I could :LOL:

& well done for posting up in the right week.....only 51 weeks to keep doing the same mister :clap:

Well done - finding time to get the camera out as well as everything else..

I love the colours and teh scattered wrappers, but I'm also of the opinion that the blue one really should be in focus rather than the orange wrapper.

I'm really not looking forward to my self-imposed "SOOC" weeks, but you've shown that PP is not the most important thing, as the only neg from me wouldn't be rectified in PP anyway.

Week 2 is upon us, (y)

You really do have a mice problem? If any mousey ate my choccies I'd blow the mousey up!
That I do... and he has 'met his maker' :cautious:

I also agree with Iain, but hey at least you got a shot in on time :clap: aren't we doing well this year ;)
Fingers crossed your PC is home soon.
Thanks... me too :(

plenty of orange creams left here for it :) looks like it enjoyed its sin!
It did little bugger, can't believe it ate my last bag of watsits out of my draw too :bat:

Hi Dean..... as per the above....Iain has a great way of expressing what I'm thinking but doing it far more subtly than I could :LOL:

& well done for posting up in the right week.....only 51 weeks to keep doing the same mister :clap:
Cheers Lynne... I know what you mean, Iain is great at poking me in the ribs :D

Well done - finding time to get the camera out as well as everything else..

I love the colours and teh scattered wrappers, but I'm also of the opinion that the blue one really should be in focus rather than the orange wrapper.

I'm really not looking forward to my self-imposed "SOOC" weeks, but you've shown that PP is not the most important thing, as the only neg from me wouldn't be rectified in PP anyway.

Week 2 is upon us, (y)
Hi Graham - Thanks :)

Yeah very true... I always think afterwards, should of used flash and deeper dof... on-wards and upwards as they say :)

SOOC isn't too bad as I think we normally tend to take a shot knowing we can tweak it... but when SOOC more thought DOES go into it

Last edited:
Right....

Took a couple on the way in to work today and just before I left, I think I prefer the simpleness of the first shot below... I feel with the hedge line is not symmetrical enough for the second one to work... and maybe the telegraph pole need cloning out :thinking:

Again not too much PP... mainly Straighten/Crop/WB (and again will probably re-edit all once PC is home)

Wk 2 - 'Season'

Wk 2 - 'Season' 1 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Wk 2 - 'Season' 2 by TP DK..., on Flickr

Thanks for visiting (y)

Last edited:
#1 for me. Nice and simple and bang on theme. IMO, and I know there was none there, but a nice splash of red behind would look good.

#2 is on theme but needs a much deeper layer of snow. I actually don't mind the poles.

Cheers.

I like both of these (y)
The second doesn't look very white to me though, perhaps would have been better if you were 20 yards further down the road where the hedges either side would have been at the same height...as it is it feels wonky to me even though it isn't

The second works a little better for me, the first could do with a focal point, maybe a nice robin or something... shame about the branch that's fallen vertical on the left hand side of that as well. The second one looks good to me, very wintery.

I like both but prefer no.2. They-re both well in theme , no.2 - I like the long road in the snow. No.1 illustrates heavy snowfall but just a bit too detailed for me, maybe a bit of snow covered landscape would work in the bottom half of the photo? Great job nevertheless!

Think all crit covered in those 4 posts there :LOL:, love the first, aside from getting a robin in (and on a third) :lol, which would never happen (not to me anyway).

2nd could go quite a bit brighter on the road without clipping, depends if you've got your computer back yet as the sky can't take as much.

And in nice and early too. :clap:

Back