Nice compo, suits theme well.
Thank you Walter :)

Very nice, spot on theme.(y)
Thank you too Shirley :)

Interesting find Dean:)
Cheers mate :)

You sure that's a male :)
He did have a little 'package' there I think :D

Well spotted. The symmetry looks good, but can't understand why the base of the wall isn't horizontal :thinking:

Cheers.
Hmmmm yes I thought that of the top line too, but I stood (squatted) dead square on, I guess such an old building that the courtyard has been built up over the years ?? :thinking:

Lovely autumnal colours, well composed and posed, Nice line from the lower left.

Any from a little closer?

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

No not really many taken close up in this location, I tried a couple but kept losing the leading lines... Closer up shots worked better in an area of Silver Birch trees, much more contrast :)

Yes, very well done Dean ... I too like those crates - they act as a good contrast with the elegance and style of the statues. (Edit) Just spotted Out & About. Yes, great use of the path as a leading line and nicely contrasted with the verticals of the trees to give depth.

Last edited:
Great find for Male / Female. Well composed, and if the crates weren't there it might have looked a bit boring.

Nicely composed Out and About shot, and lovely colours.

I like the composition works well (y)
Thank you Allan :)

Yes, very well done Dean ... I too like those crates - they act as a good contrast with the elegance and style of the statues.
Thank you Carl :)
(Edit) Just spotted Out & About. Yes, great use of the path as a leading line and nicely contrasted with the verticals of the trees to give depth.
Thanks again :)

Great find for Male / Female. Well composed, and if the crates weren't there it might have looked a bit boring.
Very true Brrnd :)

Nicely composed Out and About shot, and lovely colours.
Thank you again :)

Poor long suffering Mrs DK! :p
Plain and simple (Ooops the image not Mrs DK :( )
It works well Dean :)

Out & about - has a nice composition, but I feel the model is to far into the picture to be an important part of it - which she clearly is....
The trees and converging lines work well but overall I feel it lacks something...this may have been down to the light available at this time of year.

Like I know what Im talking about !

Poor long suffering Mrs DK! :p
Plain and simple (Ooops the image not Mrs DK :( )
It works well Dean :)
Hahaaaa Thanks Chirs... I think :D

Love that line of trees DK, it really makes a perfect setting, as Chris says plain and simple in some ways, but great composition and an eye catching photo.
Cheers Susie :)

Out & about - has a nice composition, but I feel the model is to far into the picture to be an important part of it - which she clearly is....
The trees and converging lines work well but overall I feel it lacks something...this may have been down to the light available at this time of year.

Like I know what Im talking about !
No very valid points Mark, I did try a couple close in but lost the leading lines... Let me try again :D

How's this crop of the original ??

Wk 51 - Out and About <EDIT> by TP DK, on Flickr

Good use of framing and leading lines DK. Composed in a classical style.
(y)
The re-edit does give you more of her expression, which saves me the zooming in I was doing to the original. I think the re-edit is stronger.

Thank you Tim :)

Hi Dean

Love your images arranged great colours I can not decide which on I like the best!

Great find for Male/Female lovely detail.

Lovely image for out and about great companions the lines of tress really pull your eye towards the subject lovely autumn colours too.

Hi Dean

Love your images arranged great colours I can not decide which on I like the best!

Great find for Male/Female lovely detail.

Lovely image for out and about great companions the lines of tress really pull your eye towards the subject lovely autumn colours too.
Thanks Mark :)

Right... lets get this 52 finished before 2017 is here :D

A shot taken today in a local grave yard, disappointingly I got out too late and the heavy fog had lifted a tad too much, although much earlier and the image would not have the church included, so hey, it is what it is

Wk 44 - Spooky

Wk 44 - Spooky by TP DK, on Flickr

And to finish off a f**ker of a year 2016, lets 'Celebrate' the arrival of 2017 with hopes of better things.

Thanks to everybody that has visited and commented on my thread in 2016, really appreciate all the comments, advice and Suggestions, see you all in the 2017 threads :wave:

Wk 52 - prepared to 'Celebrate' the arrival of 2017

Wk 52 - Celebrate by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've had a few, but "Wk 44 - prepared to 'Celebrate' the arrival of 2017" :)

Nice finish and looks suitably expensive.

All the best for 2017 to you, Jo, Jasmine and Kieran.

Cheers and see ya in (person in) 2017 :snaphappy:

BTW, today I officially switched from Costa Coffee to Starbucks....Costa Express served warm coffee....Starbucks serve hot coffee :)

Nice finish and looks suitably expensive.

All the best for 2017 to you, Jo, Jasmine and Kieran.

Cheers and see ya in (person in) 2017 :snaphappy:
Cheers Andy, same to you, Jackie & Isabelle - and damn yes see you (in person several times) in 2017 (y)

BTW, today I officially switched from Costa Coffee to Starbucks....Costa Express served warm coffee....Starbucks serve hot coffee :)
Hahaa and Woo Hoo !!! you knew it made sense and is by far a better tasting coffee :D

Didn't realise you were an image short Dean!
Nicely done, I didn't see the ghostly figure standing there are first in Spooky.
Clever to use the leading lines of the graves to take the eye to him.

Celebrate - I do hope those 3 bottles were empty by the end of the evening ;)

Didn't realise you were an image short Dean!
I kept missing it Tim :D
Nicely done, I didn't see the ghostly figure standing there are first in Spooky.
Cool I was hoping people wouldn't at first :)
Clever to use the leading lines of the graves to take the eye to him.
Thanks :) - the him was me, took several shots to get the timing right with a single exposure :)

Celebrate - I do hope those 3 bottles were empty by the end of the evening ;)
Oddly enough no, Vodka and Prosecco was in order, saving the champers for a special occasion :)

Back