Dom's 52-21- A year older, but none the wiser. Wk: 36 Unnatural

Nice processing Dom, good subject matter too (y)

edit I did chuckle at the person who "liked" it :D

Last edited:
Really nice shot that :)

Can't beat a good pair of boots! Better than my attempt week 1 (or 2 or whatever it was).

Nicely exposed. Those are certainly well-used.

A lovely shot.. l like the colour and vintage feel. It matches the well worn nature of the boots.

Wk: 24 Green (Phlomis russeliana)

A fairly simple effort this week. I really couldn't get the composition right with this. I don't like to change the aspect ration (3:2) when cropping in pp. Because the bottle and the flower spike are quite tall (over 2'), i didn't have a lot of space left or right of centre (well not without making the subject small in the frame). So opted to go just left of centre, but it just doesn't look right to me.

untitled-30-Edit.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Last edited:
So opted to go just left of centre, but it just doesn't look right to me.
Nicely green Dom, nice background too (y)

It looks fine to me. Rool of thirds and all that.

Looks fine to me also, you could probably lose a bit from the top I don’t think that would matter to much but I would be happy with it how it is

The composition is fine to me. I like the way the leaf/bloom on the plant tapers as it goes up. It looks almost by design.The soft light spill onto the BG works nicely too.

I too think the composition works really well - much more interesting than centred. Nicely lit and processed too.. it has a definite "old master" look.

That's really nice. I love the lighting and the tones of the background really suit the green of the plant/bottle. Brilliant job and not 'simple' at all.

Wk's 25/26/27 Snap choice, Looking down, Indigenous

So a bit of a catch up here. I been busy decorating and busy at work.

Wk 25 snappers choice

Daisy
A stack of 9 images .

untitled.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Wk 26 Looking down

This has been my view from the stepladder for the last couple of weeks.

untitled-3-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

untitled-3.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Wk 27 Indigenous

Every year we are inundated with tiny toads. I worry that i'm going to squash them anytime i go in the garden, it's like the ground is moving. These toads are no bigger than my thumb nail.

untitled-4-Edit-2.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Nice catch up, the daisy I would probably lose the blurred bit of stem I think it would work with out it
"Looking down" I prefer the colour version
"Indigenous" a very good capture of the toad

The toad is brilliant. Getting down to get a low POV has really added impact. Am enjoying seeing others' photos of wildlife in their gardens this week. Amazing the variety of life out there.

The paint works better in colour for me - especially as it's grey paint.

I also really like your composition of the daisy. Coming at it from beneath (if I got that right) gives an unusual view and shows a bit of care over the subject.

Nice catch up Dom.
I really like the detail in the daisy (y)

"Ribbet"

Nice likkle toad :)

I really like the daisy shot. An impressive amount of detail and interesting composition.

Indigenous - Yay, not a bug ;) Caught ell on the green background.
Looking down - Mono for me I think. I'm not really sure why though, just a preference.
Snappers - Nicely executed stack. Not the sort of image I can really comment on from an artistic perspective, but technically very well done.
Green - That's excellent. Has the look of an aged master painting.

All your pictures are great, I think the paint tins work best in colour for me and I think you did well with the toad. I found one in my back garden, tiny like you say but would the bugger stay still? No!:mad:

Both fab pix!

I like both but the colour of the watering can against the dark background lifts it for me.

Love the one with the watering can. I think it is a superb shot from the background to the detail on the boot and then the pops of colour of the hydrangea and the can. I may have been tempted to 'fill in' that little aberration of the flower at the front but all in all, fantastic.

Really nice shot. It definitely benefits from the addition of the watering can, very well executed :)

Lovely litle flutterby :)

Back