DP’s 52 2019 - Week 29 Closed - ADDED

Smashing images there Daniel!(y)

Free: Wow! what a great image of some incredible wall art!
You've captured it very well, very nice colours and the composition is excellent....I like this a lot!
Entrance: Perfectly fits the theme. Love the colours and the composition is great....excellent framing and symmetry!

You say that the second entrance image is another entrance to the same gardens, but they look exactly the same!
Not complaining....just wondering if it's a trick to keep us on our toes!!:LOL:

Cheers Gareth! Yeah it's a different entrance, they do look similar but unfortunately nothing framed so well on the other side [emoji23]

You've captured it very well, very nice colours and the composition is excellent....I like this a lot!
Entrance: Perfectly fits the theme. Love the colours and the composition is great....excellent framing and symmetry!

You say that the second entrance image is another entrance to the same gardens, but they look exactly the same!
Not complaining....just wondering if it's a trick to keep us on our toes!![emoji38]

Yeah so do I, it's something I do tend to look for as I like natural framing myself! Thanks for the comments!
always like to see a natural frame within the image, good entry for the technique too, nicely balanced image.

FREE - nice bit of graffiti I suppose, compared to all that trashy 'this is my name' type graffiti.
ENTRANCE - nicely framed shot, but the second one is the same entrance surely!!
In your Flickr there is an Entrance02 which also would have been a very good entry for entrance!

Last edited:

Not complaining....just wondering if it's a trick to keep us on our toes!!:LOL:
FREE - nice bit of graffiti I suppose, compared to all that trashy 'this is my name' type graffiti.
ENTRANCE - nicely framed shot, but the second one is the same entrance surely

I don't know how I missed it but yes, I accidently put the same image in twice! Fixed now :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks for your comments!

Week 12 - Young

So the first two images were captured on a walk in our local town, it's actually an underpass of a main road and what we thought was the usual grafitti actually turned out to be a commissioned piece by the council from one of the local schools. The word spells out CREATE and within those words are slogans and quotes from the children.

This image I took just on the fly really, I liked the juxtaposition of the 'kids stuff' against the older gentleman and lady that passed by me, ther just so happpened to be another older lady passing by the shop too. I'm not sure about this shot, it's a bit of a play on 'Young' really!

Love the kids' artwork :)

I actually like the play on YOUNG. The old building's gate framing the kids' shop.
The commissioned graffiti shots are good, too. Although, I have always wondered about this type of thing.
Around my way a few 'painters' have done shop fronts (well the metal blinds/shutters I mean) but I always got the impression that it was pay us and we will do a nice job, but if you don't someone will 'decorate' your blinds any old how….

Love the free image Daniel. Great graffiti work. Where abouts is it?

I like the first entrance image. I think it would have worked well in mono too with a vignette to lead you through the entrance

I actually like the play on YOUNG. The old building's gate framing the kids' shop.
The commissioned graffiti shots are good, too. Although, I have always wondered about this type of thing.
Around my way a few 'painters' have done shop fronts (well the metal blinds/shutters I mean) but I always got the impression that it was pay us and we will do a nice job, but if you don't someone will 'decorate' your blinds any old how….
Thanks for the comments Bob! Yes I know what you mean, it can sometimes be a bit hit and miss!
Love the free image Daniel. Great graffiti work. Where abouts is it?

I like the first entrance image. I think it would have worked well in mono too with a vignette to lead you through the entrance
Yeah I did think of adding a vignette to it but thought it might be a bit overkill!
I like both. Very well done to the school children to create such beautiful mural.
Thanks Stan!
The graffiti photos are ace. Well spotted and fitting for the theme. Good job Daniel
Cheers Carl, appreciate it!

Excellent set of images Daniel!
Very clever interpretation, and skillfully taken too....fantastic colours there!
I like the juxtaposition of the third image too....clever framing and well exposed!
Nice work!:clap:
Thanks Gareth, appreciate the comments!! (y)

That's a good trio of shots there Daniel. Well seen and shot. Thanks for including a close up too. It's great to see local schools involved in art around the community like that. I really like your play on Young shot especially. Very well timed. I agree with maybe cropping the RHS a touch to remove the couple. Good stuff :)

That's a good trio of shots there Daniel. Well seen and shot. Thanks for including a close up too. It's great to see local schools involved in art around the community like that. I really like your play on Young shot especially. Very well timed. I agree with maybe cropping the RHS a touch to remove the couple. Good stuff :)
Cheers Lee (y)

Love the graffiti one but prefer the full image rather than the cropped shot. The third one is great - a slightly different angle and you would have got the full couple in which would have made it even better.

I really like both the young entries. The first could not be more opportunist, welcome and fitting, that that week's grafitti was done by the young.

I love the second one too. Great that you found that specific shop, portrayed through the arch

Hi Daniel,

Wet - The opposite view of St Pauls to my daily view. it does work well as a piece of street with the lady walking away in the rain.
Free - Street Art? Or a mural? Either way it's a great thing to have on the side of your house for whoever.
Entrance - Ooh, I'd sooo want you to be 1/2 a foot or so to your right to have the bench symmetrical too. The grey sky in the background is a bit of a shame too. Somewhere to remember and re-shoot on a nicer day with more interesting light?
Young - I love the artwork, that's really nice and looks like it must've been a bugger to shoot.
I think the second shot works too, though waiting for someone old with a stick (where the lady is) or something might have been a better juxtaposition

Love the graffiti one but prefer the full image rather than the cropped shot. The third one is great - a slightly different angle and you would have got the full couple in which would have made it even better.
I really like both the young entries. The first could not be more opportunist, welcome and fitting, that that week's grafitti was done by the young.

I love the second one too. Great that you found that specific shop, portrayed through the arch
Hi Daniel,

Wet - The opposite view of St Pauls to my daily view. it does work well as a piece of street with the lady walking away in the rain.
Free - Street Art? Or a mural? Either way it's a great thing to have on the side of your house for whoever.
Entrance - Ooh, I'd sooo want you to be 1/2 a foot or so to your right to have the bench symmetrical too. The grey sky in the background is a bit of a shame too. Somewhere to remember and re-shoot on a nicer day with more interesting light?
Young - I love the artwork, that's really nice and looks like it must've been a bugger to shoot.
I think the second shot works too, though waiting for someone old with a stick (where the lady is) or something might have been a better juxtaposition
Thank you all for your comments!

Week 13 - Food

Only the one image this week which was taken at our gender reveal for our baby! Not much to it really but was perfect for the theme!

Gender reveal? That's a new one for me!

Nicely shot!

Very nicely shot image Daniel.(y)
Lovely DoF, and the colours are great too.
Congratulations from me too Daniel!:)
Thanks Gareth!
Gender reveal? That's a new one for me!

Nicely shot!
Thanks Dave. it's VERY american....my wife loves it :LOL:
That's new to me too. Imagewise, good use of DOF and focus is on the main subject of the event.
Thank you Stan!

Some beautiful soft colours there Daniel, and the composition works well too.

So are you going to tell us whether the cake was blue or pink inside? :D

Thanks Carl! Ha ha it was Blue on the inside ;)

Nicely done for food. Very pretty cake and love the soft colours of it

Week 14 - Smooth

I found this weeks one quite tough...until I had to do a load of ironing....essentially smoothing out the creases....

I took this one on my Samsung S10 in Pro mode so I had better play with the raw file in LR.

great shot, great rendition, and great to see some steam in the shot to add a little extra context. really nicely done for the theme with the smooth fabric underneath too.
Thank you, appreciate the great feedback!

Daniel

Object, clever and different take on the theme, great detail in the hand and the rest being OOF works well.

Wet, Nice mono Image, I like the framing of St Pauls. 2nd Image also works well, great tones, shame about the objects near the end of the path.

Free, good shot, I like it, nice bit of street art.

Entrance, I prefer the more natural feel of the 2nd Image, both are excellant captures.

Young, first 2 Images are very colourful and school like. 3rd image is good but does not fit the theme as well for me.

Food, I'm so behind the times, mind you my kids (both girls and we had to wait) are over 30 now. Nice cake, bet it tasted nice, lovely colours, good use of DOF.

Smooth, Nice idea, do you want to do mine. Nice mono image and just enough stream.

Pete

Daniel

Object, clever and different take on the theme, great detail in the hand and the rest being OOF works well.

Wet, Nice mono Image, I like the framing of St Pauls. 2nd Image also works well, great tones, shame about the objects near the end of the path.

Free, good shot, I like it, nice bit of street art.

Entrance, I prefer the more natural feel of the 2nd Image, both are excellant captures.

Young, first 2 Images are very colourful and school like. 3rd image is good but does not fit the theme as well for me.

Food, I'm so behind the times, mind you my kids (both girls and we had to wait) are over 30 now. Nice cake, bet it tasted nice, lovely colours, good use of DOF.

Smooth, Nice idea, do you want to do mine. Nice mono image and just enough stream.

Pete
Thank you for your kind comments Pete! Cake was lovely thank you, I would pop round and do the ironing but I've now left it a day and it's mounted up again!:LOL:

Back