weekly DRounding's 52 for 2016 - Dangerous and Abandoned

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
This will be my first time doing this, I just hope I can keep at it during the year.
I'm looking forward to a bit of fun anyway at least and it'll keep my camera out of the cupboard.

Week 0 Old - done
Week 1 Metal - done
Week 2 Captive - done
Week 3 Miniature - done
Week 4 Happy
Week 5 Abandoned - done
Week 6 Camouflage(d) - done
Week 7 Danger(ous) - done
Week 8 Topical
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
Week 18
Week 19
Week 20
Week 21
Week 22
Week 23
Week 24
Week 25
Week 26
Week 27
Week 28
Week 29
Week 30
Week 31
Week 32
Week 33
Week 34
Week 35
Week 36
Week 37
Week 38
Week 39
Week 40
Week 41
Week 42
Week 43
Week 44
Week 45
Week 46
Week 47
Week 48
Week 49
Week 50
Week 51
Week 52

Last edited:
Week 0 - Old.

OK so I cheated here. Firstly it's not really old (but it looks old in style) and secondly it wasn't with my DSLR. This was actually a Christmas present from my daughter. It was a kit with all the parts - so it's old but new, and Christmassy - hence the tree in the background. (Just need to get some 35mm film now and give it a go)

No one said you have to take the shots with your dslr, in fact I'm suitably impressed at the shallowness of the DoF as that's taken on your phone.
It has the feel of an old camera, so on subject and I do hope that you use it to take some of your 52 for 2016 photos.
Onto the crit... If possible, it would have been better to avoid the white door/window? frame on the right of the shot. It's evident from the baubles that you've got the verticals right, so the frame being at an angle does stand out a bit.
Nice sharp shot though and plenty of detail on the camera itself :)

Definitely an old type of camera and like the christmas tree in the background. Definitely one for the family album to look back on in years to come of "old" memories.

Morning all the Crit has been covered.

Wonderul camera as has already been stated. I'd like to see some of these developed and submitted during the year with this camera.

welcome aboard, cheers

Hi Duncan - welcome to TP52. A nice sharp image - great start to the challenge. Hope you enjoy.

Hi Duncan

Nice looking kit ... and most interest image you've created with soft light seemingly from all sides. (y)

A lovely looking pen Duncan. I really like the reflection under it (y)

Hi Duncan

I really like your old shot as said the Christmas tree in the background makes it :)

Metal - really well done imo, the slight reflection and the very black b/g work well :clap:

Hi Duncan For theme OLD a nice and sharp picture and a very nice film camara to,

Theme metal :agree: with the above very nice dark background, object very sharp with a tint of reflection great shot.

Nice sharp and colourful, nice refection too, Duncan (y)

Duncan Hi, really like the pen for the metal theme, really good framing and sharpness,

Duncan Hi, really liking this. good reflections and a selfie too, whats not to like. Bang on the theme too.

Hi Ducan,

Somehow missed your previous weeks submissions so catching up.

Old - Nice subject and a good start to the 52.
Metal - You got a great black background and the hint of a reflection is lovely.
Captive - Good interpretation of the theme. Like the way you have a balance of both inside and outside in the window and also the split of the yellow lighting from outside in the bottom half and the more white lighting inside in the top.

Hi Duncan. Nice pen - like the detail in it and the reflection too. Not sure about Captive but that may be because the work environment is putting me off ha ha. Well done.

Hi Duncan,
Sorry, not feeling it with 'Captive'.
It's so busy that I can't see what the focal point should be.
Additionally you and the office in the background have motion blur.

Maybe one for a re-shoot later?

Have to agree with a post earlier - it's definitely original and as you said yourself - the effect rather than quality

Many thanks for the feedback and comments from everyone so far. I knew that Captive wasn't going to be an ideal photo but I hope the image makes sense to the office workers who are trapped with the need to earn a living.
@LC2 - it's certainly an idea I would like to explore further at some stage.

Morning Duncan

Good start to your challenge

Old: I love the depth of field gives just enough detail so you know its a Christmas tree, and if you hadn't of said I wouldn't of known it wasn't old

Captive Love it great take on the theme and I'm sure that's how most of use feel

I've been away so I've got some catching up to do this weekend...

Week 3 Miniature
Week 4 Happy
Week 5 Abandoned
Week 6 Camouflage(d)
Week 7 Danger(ous)

Going to be busy, but watch this space...

Last edited:
Back