weekly Fuji Dave`s Weekly 52 Challenge 2020 WEEK 52 DECORATIONS

Your camo shot is absolutely great. Like many other I struggled to find your butterfly, so it definitely hits the technique!

Nice shot for the textures as well - the flash makes it pop nicely.

Nicely spotted, and the pop of flash adds to the overall image too. The inbuilt flashes on the X cameras can be pretty useful at times, I love the one on the X-E1 rather than having to carry a speedlight with me. Just useful when a little extra bit of light is needed, especially a bit of fill for a portrait. :)

Thanks Rick.

Yep - nicely textured and lit :)

Thanks Dave.

Well spotted Dave. Nicely lit, nice composition and nice textures - great image.

Well spotted - I hope you didn't have so many that you ended up lying on your back? :ROFLMAO:

Lighting it up probably made the texture more obvious too. Well done for getting the technique in so early.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Well spotted - I hope you didn't have so many that you ended up lying on your back? :ROFLMAO:

Lighting it up probably made the texture more obvious too. Well done for getting the technique in so early.

Happy Belated Birthday!

Thank you Bebop, for once I was good so I can remember just what I did too. Just have to find my bike now..lol

Great textures, the light really helps bring out the ropes. Very mesmerising!

Works well - and no distortion so you must have been horizontal :)
Very well spotted - we don't always notice what's on the ceiling.

No shoe horn there Save.
Playing an instrument is most certainly an activity.
Cellist for me (y)

Yep - Bassman for me too. Pity about the sign behind him. Mono would help hide it.

Activity
Good shots there Dave. I'm liking the third shot. He looks like he's just sitting there, playing away, for his own enjoyment.

Last edited:
A nicely done set Dave. I like the last one best. I like the setting and the way the guitarist looks lost in his music.

Activity - nice set of street musicians - no. 3 my favourite
Artificial - right on topic but I wonder if a wider view to show the context of it hanging on the wall would add more interest.

Activity - I prefer the one you've chosen, great that the guy is looking straight down the lens, it really catches you.

Texture - well, it's artificial grass, although not sure why you'd put it on a wall!

Nicely done

Activity. Second one for me. All crackers though

Artificial. Flashbacks to Oldham Athletic away in the 80's.

Activity - nice set of street musicians - no. 3 my favourite
Artificial - right on topic but I wonder if a wider view to show the context of it hanging on the wall would add more interest.
Activity - I prefer the one you've chosen, great that the guy is looking straight down the lens, it really catches you.

Texture - well, it's artificial grass, although not sure why you'd put it on a wall!

Nicely done
Activity. Second one for me. All crackers though

Artificial. Flashbacks to Oldham Athletic away in the 80's.

Thank you folks.

My, what interesting pubs you have! I was expecting some artificial grass from someone but definitely not expecting wall based :LOL:. Well spotted.

Back