Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

A terrific discovery - certainly is an interesting old tool!
The central composition works well, and there's plenty of detail in those wonderful rusty textures.
Being from Norfolk, I would recognise an old tractor when I see one!
This one looks like it's way beyond help!
[**Sniff! - Wipes tear**]:LOL:

Last day in Aus, heading back to the hotel as the city breathes in ahead of Australia Day tomorrow. Someone didn't like what they saw....

discarded (1 of 1).jpg

You're having a great holiday, Michael; I would love to follow in your footsteps one day! The old farm machinery is ideal for Tools (and Discarded too, if you'd seen it a week later!) and rust is always a great subject photographically. I agree with some of the earlier comments that a different crop may have been interesting but understand that you wanted to keep the line of trees intact.

Your latest image is spot on for Discarded and I suspect we will see a lot of images of rubbish and litter this week :) It's always such a shame to see things like this and it annoys me so I'm going to find the 52 images tough this week!

very nice Michael plain and simple

Certainly hits the theme.

My suggestion on this shot would be to play with levels.
There is a lot of white in the shot, and cameras will expose it to 18% grey, so you might want to push the whites up (drag the RH levels in) to brighten the whites up and give it a bit more punch.
Of course, I wasn't there, so this might be an accurate portrayal of the exposure...

Certainly hits the theme.

My suggestion on this shot would be to play with levels.
There is a lot of white in the shot, and cameras will expose it to 18% grey, so you might want to push the whites up (drag the RH levels in) to brighten the whites up and give it a bit more punch.
Of course, I wasn't there, so this might be an accurate portrayal of the exposure...

- I really appreciate your feedback, thank you. Ideally i'd have had a tripod and focus-stacked (never put them together in software but i think i know how). My wife's giving me grief cause you can't see the plan details, focus-stacking would have helped here too. Then colour balanced, never thought of pushing whites before, usually taking white out, so really appreciating the new nagles/ideas. So glad i joined this!

I don't quite know what I'm looking at. The discarded floor plan on the bottom of the photo? I'm afraid it's a bit too busy for me...

Well done for keeping up with the challenge. I know its not easy as I was in the same boat a couple of years ago traveling around Australia and New Zealand and somehow just managed to hang on weekly and not falling too far behind.

Well spotted and very theme fitting but somehow I feel that the discarded paper is not the main subject here, the barrier and sign are too dominant.

Hi Michael, more confused with this shot as the discarded element is so small In the larger scene. Would have been tempted to shoot lower across the plans, though without some physical manipulation of the scene it might not work.

A Flesh-footed Shearwater taken at sea yesterday (Friday NZ time) 20 odd Nautical Miles offshore from Sandspit:

Flesh-footed Sheartwater 52 (1 of 1).jpg

You have some nice images on your 52 thread Michael, just been reading your blog as well, must be a fantastic place to visit. So sad about the fires raging through the country and all the forests being decimated not too mention the poor animals being burned alive.

my wife walking in the surf on Dansky Beach out of Albany today, it's one of her favourite things to do on a day out:

View attachment 265667
Not really much of a coincidence since Emus are widely distributed, but there’s an Emu Point/Beach/Cafe in Albany WA , but it links your first & second photos .

It looks a tad soft around the face to me, have you tried applying any sharpening at all?
I tried It, and it also brings out a few more water droplets
Lovely capture none the less :)

A fine looking budgie!

Good capture of the bird, well exposed and sharp. :)

Great image Michael catching the wings, you probably had lots of images you could have entered with your ongoing adventures!

Excellent shot, interesting subject and considering the conditions you have produced a very good image.

They certainly seem wild to me Michael

A good scrap caught well ;)

Back