weekly Greengo's 52 in 2014 - BALANCE now added

Totally agree with not using old pics - got to get that camera out :D

The signage one did flit through my mind, but living here in Spain proved very difficult - looks like a bit of a grab shot tbh - could be better with improved lighting conditions.

2nd image for me, as mentioned, the E being clipped. Also,if possible, I'd have tried to lose the 'ARD' :)

Nice idea Colin. The clipped E is shame but I think the sign as took up a bit too much of the frame. Maybe it could be made more interesting by taking a pic of the street and putting the sign somewhere in the frame subtlety. Thats assuming the street has any interest though!

The latest addition is much improved. nice gritty mono conversion and placed a tad further away.

Hi Colin

just to be different I actually quite like your 1st image for Close......, maybe cloning out the tops of the railings & darkening the bg a smidge would help & maybe even a mono conversion as well ?

Of the 2 street signs I'm with the other's on the 2nd version , mono works really well...though just being askward I'd have liked to see the shot taking in the full street name.....

I am a bit late on getting to your thread Colin, sorry.
You are off to a cracking start, really entering into the spirit of it by welcoming the C&C and getting back out there following others suggestions (y)

#3 for bubble gets my vote, it has the most definition and clarity in the bubbles.

Number 3 for me too. I really don't like number 1, it looks like a picture from something in a crime scene.

I think these sort of bubbles are really tough to take a decent photo of (I think the definition gets lost). .

Good effort with these Colin, 3rd for me too :) Although I've never tried, I imagine Simon's quote above would be true :)

3 for me as well. For me patterns like that have more effect when they fill the frame. Have you tried a bit of colour and a slight sharpen?

The third one for me, the first just looks like some bubbles in the sink - pretty dull.

the second I can't see past the black circle round the outside.

But the thirds, a frame full of tiny bubbles, varying in size, even with tiny bubbles on the bubbles. (y)

I think they are all good.#1 reminds me of a shot of a galaxy. #2 - like the shape of this a lot, though perhaps let down a bit by the flare top right. #3 just edges it for me - lovely tone and abstracty feel to it. Well done!

Back