weekly Greengo's 52 in 2014 - BALANCE now added

I like the idea Colin (y) possibly just a bit of a different pov? :)

nice idea, I've not got a problem with the grass, but feel it needs the lower edge of the bottom stone, and the top of the hill would be nice too. As the curve of the top stone really echo's the line of the hilltop nicely

I agree with what others have said, or crop in more tightly and clone out the grass?

Hi Colin

Liking Mineral but agree with comments already made......a smidge more on the bottom & moving the grass out of the way would have helped lift it...possibly mono as well ?

Very nice, can't beat a nice stone pile. I think I'd have placed it off centre though to get a bit more background in. Not sure that I'd change the DOF though.

A "Sense" of being watched...

Unfortunately due to work commitments (and my wifes birthday ;) ) I have been unable to get out and about this week so am opting for an old pic I took of this cheeky little bugger last year.
He was almost posing for me. So I've titled it as a sense of being watched... C&C always welcome...

View attachment 6159

Nice enough photo, but stretching the theme a little..lol
But I just might end up with something quick myself, I can't get a decent idea for a photo with this weeks theme

Hi, I don't think its stretching the theme at all, bit of a tighter crop would be better maybe though

I get the connection. Like when you can feel someone watching you and turn around and they are :)

Light didn't do you any favours and it looks a tad OOF.

Anyways, you've posted and it's nearly Friday....

Cheers.

I get the connection. Like when you can feel someone watching you and turn around and they are :)

Light didn't do you any favours and it looks a tad OOF.

Anyways, you've posted and it's nearly Friday....

Cheers.

:agree:

I think the lighting tends to make it look a little flat also, perhaps upping the contrast and saturation a tad might help? I like the composition, I don't think personally I would have had the patience for it!

Not close enough for me, but a pleasant picture nevertheless.

Thanks for all your comments... So I got up a bit earlier today before my night shift and waited until it was dark at home... I asked my daughter to pose for me and she agreed... yayyyyyyy.
I had this idea of a sense of fear so this is what I came up with... Both were shot in the dark... I just hope it wasnt a shot in the dark ;)View attachment 6212
View attachment 6213

I personally prefer the first image, could do with a slightly tighter crop though to focus on the Robin.

The robin would benefit from a crop and the eye looks a little off focus.

The second shot of your daughter really has a sense of foreboding about it, the lighting helps although the little patch of light behind her head is taking the eye away slightly as it's an odd shape.

:clap:

The robin in places looks sharp so I'm guessing your shutter speed just wasn't fast enough to freeze the small movements of the bird. I much prefer your second and third shots. Other than the lighter shape around the head on the latter I prefer the expression and composition of that one.

Slight crop from the left of the Robin shot to lose the top of the post. I like the lighting on it.
The second fear shot for me, the expression seems better. Good lighting and a dark feel to it

I prefer the second fear shot, it gives a real sense of peeping out from under the bedclothes and I like the slightly spooky-looking lighting to her face, whereas the first one looks more like she's a bit upset and about to blow her nose on a lace-trimmed hankie.

I like the second version of the " sense of fear " shot i think it is well composed, and well thought out. She does certainly give the impression that she is scared of something, i also feel it fits the theme much better than the robin shot.

2nd shot for me though the colour looks a little off and there is a light patch round the top of her head, but a great idea.

Hi Colin

quite partial to Robins, inquisitive little fella's & most obliging of him to pose for you :)

Sense...thought I'd commented on this one :thinking:

Sense....2nd shot for me...it's almost as if she's watching a watcher, great expression , like the lighting as well :)

At long last... I have been sick since last Friday... Only today did I feel like getting my camera out and completing this weeks challenge before my time ran out.
My first thought for the theme was an egg timer running out or "Ending" when the egg would be ready... Couldnt find an original egg timer so used a fun object instead...
Deliberately blurred out the eggs boiling in the pot... A crit for myself was maybe my aperture was too high...
View attachment 6718

Second thought was that of a match dying or "Ending" again... Took three shots and joined them in PS then added some text to give it the heading.
My own crit here would be the lighting is slightly different so I divided the shots with a single white column and then framed it...
View attachment 6719

Last edited:
Definitely the first shot for me. Love the pig - I used to have an eggtimer exactly like that :) The match is a good idea but I'm not sure it works on that swirly red dish. I wouldn't have known what it was without reading your explanation.

The second is a good interpretation of the theme but doesn't do much for me as the match is not particularly clear and I don't like the letters.

I love the egg timer shot though, quirky and I think you've got the OOF on the eggs just about spot on.

"completing this weeks challenge before my time ran out." Is that a pun on the timer or are you dying? :angelic: (hoping to god you aren't or that's a really tasteless comment :facepalm:)

"completing this weeks challenge before my time ran out." Is that a pun on the timer or are you dying? :angelic: (hoping to god you aren't or that's a really tasteless comment :facepalm:)

Just manflu Martin ;)... Over the worst of it now... and it wasn't an intentional pun but laughed when I read it back after noting your point

Back