Hadrons TP52 for 2018- Week 9 Abundance

You have posted two really strong images since my last visit to your thread; Stark is spot on for the theme with a lonely tree under a dramatic sky and excellent B&W conversion, and Over is a great and original take on the theme. The low perspective works very well, especially with the tractor itself a small but colourful feature in the distance :clap:

Thanks for all the positive comments, they are genuinely appreciated as well as completely unexpected given the level of talent on TP :ty:
This week I've been somewhat at a loss as far as inspiration for "age(ing)" is concerned. For now this is the best I can come up with, it's an ageing horse drawn plough that has succumbed to the local vegetation. I've really struggled with the PP on this one and still aren't overly happy with it but see what you think, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated :) Next week I'll try to post a non plough related image honest ;)

Ageing by Hadron, on Flickr

what would be better is if you could slightly brighten it up so the viewer can see more of the plough (y)(y)(y)
PS: It does go great in mono too.

Thanks, making the plough more visible is exactly where my struggle lay, I tried brightening the shadows up but that just gave the image a flat look without revealing much more. I think in hindsight it was naturally a low contrast situation that I currently lack the skills to save but I guess that’s all part of the fun of learning :)

Thanks, making the plough more visible is exactly where my struggle lay, I tried brightening the shadows up but that just gave the image a flat look without revealing much more. I think in hindsight it was naturally a low contrast situation that I currently lack the skills to save but I guess that’s all part of the fun of learning :)

Sorry I forgot to look on flickr, the shot imo is bang on, the viewer can clearly see it is of an age, plus I like the gritty look so good job done.

All rather sad really. There was a time when this was brand new and a pride and joy; bit like me really. Nostalgic, can't think of a way to improve it, so well done.

Nice find might there have been more separation if it was in colour, otherwise if you converted in Lightroom there are a set of sliders you can have a play with when you convert

Nice find!(y) just a bit of a shame it's not separated from the BG.

Agree with the comments about lack of separation, but it being a great object.
There isn't much that can be done with the b&w you've posted, but I think I would be tempted go play with the processing to give it an old photo feel. Maybe darken the blacks, lighten the white, see if the contrast or de-haze sliders could add anything, then (controversial) add a white vignette to obscure a lot of the background.
Mind you, then again that may totally wreck it...

Great find, but as others have already said, shame it's not more separated from the background.

First off apologies, I've been very lax of late as far as thanking people for their comments and more unforgivably as regards to taking the time to add comments to other peoples images. My excuse is I've been off work for eight weeks and now I'm back I'm a tad on the busy side especially due to the fact we've had uninvited guests at work overnight resulting in be designing a new security system. Excuses over, apologies to everyone and I will try harder over the coming weeks. :)

Sharp by Hadron, on Flickr

Aged - as others have said about the plogh standing out, My processing is no better than yous on that front.

Sharp - I like the Image but I don't like the cover on the bottom left, maybe portrait crop and showing a bit more height to the gubbins behind the bit. Can you tell I did not do metal work at school.

Lovely in B&W

Pete

Aged - great find shame it didn't come out as you hoped

Sharp - god shot I like the wisps of smoke you have captured

Sharp
I like movement in photos and I really like the smoke coming up from the cutter.

Probably too dangerous but I'd like to see a closer shot of the cutter and the smoke but box ticked nevertheless.

I like aged, not sure how it looked in colour, would it have separated it out a bit more?
Nice shot of the lathe in action, what's not to love about some proper metal working.

Nice one! Great DoF and motion blur of the spinning bit, lots to look at and works well in B&W!

Age(ing) - certainly fits the theme and when viewed on flickr some lovely detail, a good find for the theme.

Sharp - good idea for the theme and the black and white does suit the image, and I like the motion you have captured as well. There is a small part of me that would like to see a bit closer to the business end of the cutting tool, but I also like the composition as it is.

Last edited:
If you find the uninvited guests, perhaps attaching them to the lathe would stop them in the future ;)
Lovely piece of industrial imagery there for sharp :) It's crisp, well lit and I love the smoke that is coming off where the bit is cutting.

Sorry been horrendously busy this week but I promise I will try to catch up on comments in the near future ;) Anyway here's my rush job for "Guard" to try and stay semi on top of the job -

Guard by Hadron, on Flickr

What is it guarding, it looks pretty lethal? Is it a tiller or a road planer or similar?

What is it guarding, it looks pretty lethal? Is it a tiller or a road planer or similar?

Was wondering the same thing - doesn't look like you'd want to be anywhere close to that lot without a guard.

Its an agricultural cultivator - the blades rotate and break up the soil to form a seedbed. Its also one of the most boring processes in Cultivations as it is generally carried out in bottom gear - so approx 3mph - not fun when you have a 25 acre field to do.

I like the shot a lot.

Not for me I'm afraid @Hadron. Nothing wrong with it, just it doesn't jump out at me.
Could I also ask that you link from the main thread through to the image, and not to the beginning of your thread.
Not too much of an issue at this point, but when you've 10 or more pages, it'll be a pain.
(The direct link is accessed by clicking on where it says "share").

Great icicles, love the even spacing of them and nicely captured, suits the mono conversion

Very nice in Mono.

Thing I did notice was the roof going out of the image on the right hand side by a touch, it may be better if that right hand icicle is cropped out.

Pete

Thanks for all the positive comments they are greatly appreciated. As regards to the questions about my "Guard" shot, it is as @Hertsman stated an agricultural cultivator (or more precisely a power harrow) and I'd be inclined to agree that operating said machine is one of the most tedious jobs in modern farming (an industry with many competitors for such a title :confused: ).
@LC2 I've being trying to link to the image but the best I seem to be able to achieve is to get to the start of the current page (not quite sure what went wrong with week 7 for it to go back to the start :thinking: ). If I try to use the links in share I either get redirected to a Google services page or failing that a not found page but I'll keep working on it (y)

Thick

They are some thick icicles, they look like dragons teeth.

Nicely composed icicle photo, works well in B&W!

Yup, very nice icicle works - very long and interesting

Back