HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

:LOL:
A very nice little shoehorn there Helen (y)

:LOL:
A very nice little shoehorn there Helen (y)
Great image Helen. The B&W processing suits it.
Nice picture of the cat, certainly looks camera shy
Love it - "not again?!"
Terrific picture Helen.
Terrific picture Helen.

Thanks for checking in folks.
Aw cute :) Can't fail to love a pussy shot ;) :exit:
Well.. someone had to do it!

Tough call Joan but I think #2 close up just has the edge due having slightly more detail (y)

First one for me, is that flash or a lit up tree?
Quite spooky looking.
Very spooky - I like your first very much! How was it lit? It's very effective if it was on camera flash!

Thanks guys. I can't take credit for the lighting - it was part of a christmas lights walk around Helmingham Hall in Suffolk. There was an avenue of trees lit with (I assume LED) lights which changed from colours to white. I picked an individual one on the white option. I was with "non-photography" friends so didn't take the full kit with tripod which was a shame as there were some great opportunities with reflections in the moat.

086A2937.jpg

Thanks.. btw I am not Joan - the clue's in the username :wave:
:facepalm:
Sorry about that, I had several tabs open and was working through them..
Every now and again, "one gets away from me" :D

D-Small.jpg

I'm definitely leaning towards the first one.

My only comment would be that the highlights look a little blown out - and wonder if there is/was anything you could do to recover them a bit.
Quite like those, #1 I would be tempted to do a slightly tighter crop.
Thanks for the feedback @Kell & @michael23 , I will have another look at it when I have some time to play.

love camera shy and mono really suits it.
Like the lighting in the leaves shot.

Leaves
So it might not be your lighting, but it does look quite striking. Well spotted.

Very overcast yesterday but a busy week ahead so had to take the opportunity to get out. All I can say is that the wind at Walberswick was cold!!!
Abstract seascape.

086A2989
by Helen Cannon

Nice image for Abstract - really captures a mood too.

As already said, a very nice minimalist landscape Helen (y)

Like this a lot Helen. Beautiful image.
I love the feeling you get from this - even without your comment about the wind, you can just feel the cold in this shot.
Nice image for Abstract - really captures a mood too.
Simple and minimal sometimes the best.
As already said, a very nice minimalist landscape Helen (y)
It looks cold too! Nice and minimalist!

Thanks for the kind comments. One thing I have appreciated about the 52 is that it pushes me to go out with the camera when I normally wouldn't bother. In this instance it was a grey and cold day but I knew I had limited time so had to try for something and was pleased with the results.

Lovely minimalist seascape! I’d be tempted to crop the bottom a bit to make it even more abstract.

Thanks @Bebop - I did try cropping the bottom but the result felt a little squished.

I like a bit of bleakness, I’m with bebop about the bottom though

Showcase isn't as hard as it should be as I've not travelled far or taken as many images as usual. These are both from a workshop in July... at a time of year when we should have been photographing a beautiful beach sunset. Rather we had huge cloudy skies and heavy rain! However, the light was quite amazing and for once the North Sea took on an aqua hue - I actually desaturated the colour on these as it didn't look believable. I'm struggling to decide which to choose.

IMG_8245
by Helen Cannon

IMG_8249
by Helen Cannon

They are both beautiful images Helen. I think that you chose the right one. Great perspective and wonderful colours. I like how you've caught the reflection of the pier in the water.

Abstract: A lovely image Helen. I might just have made it a little lighter and cropped off a bit on the bottom.
Showcase: The first one for me as I like the simplicity. The colour on the distant water is lovely.

Back