Weekly hoochys 52 er

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
Rab ... Heat is on theme, you're focused on the flame but I think you need to bring the ISO down. Plus - as stated above - a tighter crop or get in closer maybe.

yea the iso is rather hi cheers for taking time out to give feedback guys&girls

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
yea nathan i used a easy box with a yongnuo speedlight and two bits of black card im still playing around with flash at the moment trying to get used to the box

Name
Elaine
Edit My Images
Yes
Heat - the edit definitely improves it and gives a more balanced image. I think you've captured the flame really well, but maybe slightly stronger highlights on the holder to make it stand out better from the bg?

Figures - a really playful image with smashing colours. A big thumbs up back at you! (y)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Well done with the light-box and speed-light job, things I know nothing about, but it looks good.

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
cheers elaine & david thank you for taking the time to comment

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
ok its a fast one for me as i seem to be falling behind household/maintenance i see this guy a lot on his roof

IMG_9762
by hoochy, on Flickr

Name
Summer
Edit My Images
Yes
ha ha so weird, really is bizarre. I'm still trying to make sense of it :confused: who is JD? lol

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
he is the guy that lives there lol

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
Household....I've got a ridge tile that needs replacing if he's got a minute!

Limit...Road signs was where my thoughts wet to as well.

Bizarre....Well, it is!

Broken....Oh dear. That is rather a sad sight :(

Name
Elaine
Edit My Images
Yes
Limit - fits the theme and the sign contrasts well against the oof trees in the bg, but I would have been inclined to clone out some of the other distracting signs and the traffic lights.
Bizarre - yes it certainly is!
Broken - great spot, agree with the others that a closer viewpoint or crop would improve the composition.

Name
Summer
Edit My Images
Yes
yep, well and truly broken, well shot :)

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
thank you for taking the time to reply guys&girls

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Entertain - Fits the theme well and the plenty of detail and texture in the domino box, the playing cards aren't as sharp but I think that is down to the light reflecting on the cellophane wrapper. My only critique would be that maybe using arranging a few of the actual cards and dominos might work slightly better. (y) all the same

Spiral - I like this, the bright pink stands out against the dark background and surface. As to CC I've noticed on the last 2 that the background is a little textured which I am finding a little distracting. With spiral in particular I would maybe increase the blacks so that rather than dark grey, you have a black background. I hope you don't mind but as you have edit images set to yes I had a quick play. Please let me know if you would like it deleting (thumbnail so as not to detract from yours). Personally I think the pink reflection stands out a bit more too. All I did was to increase the blacks
18687880279_55c307b767_b copy.jpg

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
cheers chris yea i i think it may be the way i p p the image to be honest i did a few i posted a 2nd one on flickr here it is

IMG_0545
by hoochy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Rab. Both shots fit their respective themes without a doubt and both are quite colourful. Entertainment: You could try re-positioning the three items at an angle to the camera so that they create shadows and increase the dimensional effect. Spiral: Nice combination of colours and simple, straightforward composition - agree with Chris about the black.

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
Spiral: Nice and colourful. I too used a slinky for this weeks theme. You've taken yours at a different angle to me. Love the bright pink, contrasts well on the black

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, entertain and spiral are both on theme but I think you can do much better.

You need to experiment with composition, get in closer, try different angles to make them a little more interesting.

Who doesn't like slinkies, though :)

Cheers.

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
cheers guys & girls for taking time to comment the two slinky shots where taken within minutes of each other it must be the way i did the pp, yea andy i am feeling a bit under the weather just now so i didnt take a lot of time setting the shots up i didnt use my softbox this time (You need to experiment with composition, get in closer, try different angles to make them a little more interesting.) i will bear that in mind andy

Name
Summer
Edit My Images
Yes
lovely spiral :) much better with the edit too

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Rab. Good to catch up ... particularly as the next is due.

Silhouette: Whoa - looks a bit of a dodgy character to me (ha ha)
Animal: Like the proud pose with the head up.

Both good shots - well done.

OP
OP
hoochy1
Name
rab
Edit My Images
No
ok Week 28 Proverb

this one is a photo of me and the wife and as per im pulling a funny face lol

IMG_0342
by hoochy, on Flickr