weekly hoochys 52 er

Rab ... Heat is on theme, you're focused on the flame but I think you need to bring the ISO down. Plus - as stated above - a tighter crop or get in closer maybe.

yea the iso is rather hi cheers for taking time out to give feedback guys&girls

yea nathan i used a easy box with a yongnuo speedlight and two bits of black card im still playing around with flash at the moment trying to get used to the box

Heat - the edit definitely improves it and gives a more balanced image. I think you've captured the flame really well, but maybe slightly stronger highlights on the holder to make it stand out better from the bg?

Figures - a really playful image with smashing colours. A big thumbs up back at you! (y)

Well done with the light-box and speed-light job, things I know nothing about, but it looks good.

cheers elaine & david thank you for taking the time to comment

ok its a fast one for me as i seem to be falling behind household/maintenance i see this guy a lot on his roof

IMG_9762 by hoochy, on Flickr

ha ha so weird, really is bizarre. I'm still trying to make sense of it :confused: who is JD? lol

he is the guy that lives there lol

Household....I've got a ridge tile that needs replacing if he's got a minute!

Limit...Road signs was where my thoughts wet to as well.

Bizarre....Well, it is!

Broken....Oh dear. That is rather a sad sight :(

Hi,

Bizarre - that's bonkers! Well spotted :)

Broken - :agree: with Posiview & d00d, it's a good fit, but a closer would have made it even better

Limit - fits the theme and the sign contrasts well against the oof trees in the bg, but I would have been inclined to clone out some of the other distracting signs and the traffic lights.
Bizarre - yes it certainly is!
Broken - great spot, agree with the others that a closer viewpoint or crop would improve the composition.

yep, well and truly broken, well shot :)

thank you for taking the time to reply guys&girls

Entertain - Fits the theme well and the plenty of detail and texture in the domino box, the playing cards aren't as sharp but I think that is down to the light reflecting on the cellophane wrapper. My only critique would be that maybe using arranging a few of the actual cards and dominos might work slightly better. (y) all the same

Spiral - I like this, the bright pink stands out against the dark background and surface. As to CC I've noticed on the last 2 that the background is a little textured which I am finding a little distracting. With spiral in particular I would maybe increase the blacks so that rather than dark grey, you have a black background. I hope you don't mind but as you have edit images set to yes I had a quick play. Please let me know if you would like it deleting (thumbnail so as not to detract from yours). Personally I think the pink reflection stands out a bit more too. All I did was to increase the blacks
View attachment 39794

cheers chris yea i i think it may be the way i p p the image to be honest i did a few i posted a 2nd one on flickr here it is

IMG_0545 by hoochy, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Rab. Both shots fit their respective themes without a doubt and both are quite colourful. Entertainment: You could try re-positioning the three items at an angle to the camera so that they create shadows and increase the dimensional effect. Spiral: Nice combination of colours and simple, straightforward composition - agree with Chris about the black.

Spiral: Nice and colourful. I too used a slinky for this weeks theme. You've taken yours at a different angle to me. Love the bright pink, contrasts well on the black

Hi, entertain and spiral are both on theme but I think you can do much better.

You need to experiment with composition, get in closer, try different angles to make them a little more interesting.

Who doesn't like slinkies, though :)

Cheers.

cheers guys & girls for taking time to comment the two slinky shots where taken within minutes of each other it must be the way i did the pp, yea andy i am feeling a bit under the weather just now so i didnt take a lot of time setting the shots up i didnt use my softbox this time (You need to experiment with composition, get in closer, try different angles to make them a little more interesting.) i will bear that in mind andy

lovely spiral :) much better with the edit too

ok guys &girls i have not had much time so its two fast one from me

week 25
IMG_1178 by hoochy, on Flickr

week 26

IMG_1192 by hoochy, on Flickr

Hi Rab. Good to catch up ... particularly as the next is due.

Silhouette: Whoa - looks a bit of a dodgy character to me (ha ha)
Animal: Like the proud pose with the head up.

Both good shots - well done.

ok Week 28 Proverb

this one is a photo of me and the wife and as per im pulling a funny face lol

IMG_0342 by hoochy, on Flickr

Back