Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

The second one is perhaps more colourful and more obviously about the 'vehicles', but my favourite is the first one because of the texture of the earth and the strong leading lines (y)

Thanks, I thought the first had a bit more story to it, glad you prefer that one

Hi Chris ...we'll we've had some sunshine so I hope you're having a good time. I've had a good look back and there are some excellent choices for the themes, stand out ones are Tiny, its brilliant, what a great find, but I love Graceful it's a real beauty.
I really like the angle with all that mud in the first one with the steam rollers for Vehicle.

Liking both your vehicle shots Chris, for me it has to be the old rollers for me as love these old vehicles.
Thanks Dave

Hi Chris ...we'll we've had some sunshine so I hope you're having a good time. I've had a good look back and there are some excellent choices for the themes, stand out ones are Tiny, its brilliant, what a great find, but I love Graceful it's a real beauty.
I really like the angle with all that mud in the first one with the steam rollers for Vehicle.
Thanks Susie, yes having a good time, blustery weather makes for reasonable surf. The mud was at St Buryan vintage rally which was up and running despite the mud.

Liking the low pov and muddiness, but something there could be a bit sharper.

Thats quite disturbing for a lego image, what on earth is going on there :jawdrop:

Is it bad that I laughed when I saw the "piece" photo? Maybe being a paramedic for 20+ years has given me a warped sense of humor?

Anyway, great take on the theme and the depth of field works well in this.

Thats quite disturbing for a lego image, what on earth is going on there :jawdrop:
I was going for a motorbike accident vibe - in pieces - perhaps the casualty should have been lying down?

Is it bad that I laughed when I saw the "piece" photo? Maybe being a paramedic for 20+ years has given me a warped sense of humor?

Anyway, great take on the theme and the depth of field works well in this.
Thanks, it was meant to be “fun” so I don’t think laughing is bad, at least his head goes back on easily…

Lol. Perfect focus on the decapitation (!) and I like the oof bike at a distance, giving context and suggesting it's skidded away. Oh my...who knew Lego could be so deep ;)
Thanks, not sure it's that deep :), we have a large number of bodies with no heads in the lego box but my son seems reasonably well adjusted:thinking:

Really bang on for the theme, Chris. Wish they were that easy to fix in real life.;)
My kids left before such characters were available; you've got an endless source of inspiration there. Must go and see the granddaughters:D

Really bang on for the theme, Chris. Wish they were that easy to fix in real life.;)
My kids left before such characters were available; you've got an endless source of inspiration there. Must go and see the granddaughters:D
Thanks John, my kids have grown out of Lego but we are hanging on to it for a while;)

Good fun idea, i like the oof bike in the background, sometimes i wish our kids hadn't grown up and left home (there would have been some toys to have a play around with).

Good fun idea, i like the oof bike in the background, sometimes i wish our kids hadn't grown up and left home (there would have been some toys to have a play around with).
Thanks Dominic

Hey Chris,

Fruit - A phone shot eh? You wouldn't know. I like it for the business of it and the rich colours of the cherries.
Vehicle - Blimey, you don't often see that many steam rollers together. The tractor shot has the more chocolate box sky, but I'm drawn to the realness of the rollers shot, with details such as the chap on the left leaning on the roller.
Piece - So the poor biker had his head chopped off. I'm disturbed by the smiles of the others in the image !!!

Hey Chris,

Fruit - A phone shot eh? You wouldn't know. I like it for the business of it and the rich colours of the cherries.
Vehicle - Blimey, you don't often see that many steam rollers together. The tractor shot has the more chocolate box sky, but I'm drawn to the realness of the rollers shot, with details such as the chap on the left leaning on the roller.
Piece - So the poor biker had his head chopped off. I'm disturbed by the smiles of the others in the image !!!
Thanks Tim, appreciate the catch up.

Works really quite well. Just enough light to show the outline of the glass.
I tried photographing glass the other day, it drove me up the wall :mad:.
Thanks, with glass it's all about the reflections because anything you see in the glass is a reflection of what is next to the glass, there's loads of youtube examples of how to do it.

Lovely shot and good job getting it in before the deadline. I echo Nostromo's post that photographing glass has driven me up the wall, must spend some time looking into the youtube examples.

Hi Chris, big catch up from me :)

Graceful - Just lovely, thats all I have to say
Fruit - Nice box of colourful and juicy looking cherries
Vehicle - Think I'll plump for the 1st one. I like the tracks leading to the traction engines. Well done for getting down in the mud
Piece - Love a lego scene. Though they do look a little too happy about the decapitation;). My boys are grown up too but the lego still comes out sometimes. Maybe I will have a go if the right theme comes in
Contrast - Very nicely done. Very difficult to cut out all those reflections

:D

Lovely shot and good job getting it in before the deadline. I echo Nostromo's post that photographing glass has driven me up the wall, must spend some time looking into the youtube examples.
Thanks Steve, it's more about sorting out the surroundings and getting big even light sources than pushing the button.

Hi Chris, big catch up from me :)

Graceful - Just lovely, thats all I have to say
Fruit - Nice box of colourful and juicy looking cherries
Vehicle - Think I'll plump for the 1st one. I like the tracks leading to the traction engines. Well done for getting down in the mud
Piece - Love a lego scene. Though they do look a little too happy about the decapitation;). My boys are grown up too but the lego still comes out sometimes. Maybe I will have a go if the right theme comes in
Contrast - Very nicely done. Very difficult to cut out all those reflections

:D
Thanks for taking the time Georgina (y)

Pictures of glasses ... a thing I try to avoid doing. This looks good. (y)

Some really excellent shots on the thread this week ...and now I see another :) not an easy one to do but I think you've nailed it there, perfect black background and that hint of reflection ... an enviable photo, I love it :clap:

Pictures of glasses ... a thing I try to avoid doing. This looks good. (y)

Thanks both, glad you liked it.

I think that nail brush has seen better day.
It works having the plain white background and the hint of shadow and reflection.

Last edited:
Back