Critique required LC2's Cosplay, Models and Railway Shoehorns for 2022 : Week 39 - Depict a Song

The lighting looks good to me but then I'm as far from an expert as it gets. I normally rely on that big shiny thing in the sky (or lack of it) :) .
I like the shot but, as with @FlyPhot, not a massive fan of that much blur.

PABD?

A great shot Tim, love the colours, the clean white background and the composition.
PABD - Post and be Damned...
Strange... I wasn't so keen until I clicked through and viewed it large. The detail and decay on the engine really give it life. I would have liked a touch deeper DOF, ideally towards the back of the engine before falling off, but that's just a personal thing. It works.
I was playing with the lensbaby. That's what you get (no aperture control).
It's a chuffer :banana:

Nice owd thing :)
Yup, I think it;s from before my time (my toy trains were plastic).
Works for me. I like the contrast of the red track to the green of the loco.
Complimentary Colours FTW :)
Nice old train toy Tim but the lensbaby effect does not add anything.
I would have been bored shooting with the 35mm and the same background 2 weeks on the bounce though.
The lighting looks good to me but then I'm as far from an expert as it gets. I normally rely on that big shiny thing in the sky (or lack of it) :) .
I like the shot but, as with @FlyPhot, not a massive fan of that much blur.
There's a bit too much reflection at the front, but as I knew it wasn't going to be a popular shot, I couldn't be a****d to work round it. ;)

And the hat is a receptacle for the head! Good images Tim.

And the van is a receptacle for the cops! Triple whammy with the last one!

And her face is a receptacle for a lot of make up.
I like think the first one is well lit.
A different and great take on the theme.

Interesting, but valid take on the theme. Very nicely shot (as always!)

Horned in the shoe well there :)

Nice
nkSVEAk.jpg

:)

Squeaky squeaky... it will fit! I rather like the colour blending with the police van.

And the hat is a receptacle for the head! Good images Tim.

And the van is a receptacle for the cops! Triple whammy with the last one!
I hadn't thought of that :)
And her face is a receptacle for a lot of make up.
I like think the first one is well lit.
A different and great take on the theme.
Interestingly the MUA thought she hadn't expressed herself / done enough makeup.
Quite a few of us re-assured her that there was sufficient and that it worked well :)
Interesting, but valid take on the theme. Very nicely shot (as always!)

Not a shoe horn for me Tim, very nicely done indeed.

Horned in the shoe well there :)

Squeaky squeaky... it will fit! I rather like the colour blending with the police van.
That was pure luck though :)

I like both of those Tim. Great colours and a very imaginative shoe horn for #1.

Week 7 - Heavy

Given that we're still allowed archive shots, and this is less than a month old, I give you Bulleid Battle of Britain Class, 34072 - 257 Squadron.
These are actually known as 'Light Pacifics', but at 86 tons, they are still quite heavy.
Edited to give that old photo feel.
And for a change, shot with something other than a Fuji !!!

Bulleid Battle of Britain 34072 by Tim White, on Flickr

Free Week, good lighting and camera controls.

Week7 - Very heavy and aged looking.

Like your cosplay shot Tim! And your engine is heavy indeed.

Both shots nicely captured and the second one bang on theme for Heavy!

Nice one - I was thinking of a recent shot of this very loco for my entry :)

Reactions: LC2
Free week. That‘s a captivating portrait Tim and the background colours add to the overall atmosphere.
Heavy. A nice treatment of that classic loco.

I love the processing on this.. it's a very convincing old image!

Fabulous lighting in your free week. Sounds very tricky! An engaging look as well from your subject.

The processing really suits the train shot. I like the composition you have chosen.

Fits the theme and 86 tons is heavy!
Processing fits the shot.

Free Week, good lighting and camera controls.

Week7 - Very heavy and aged looking.

Like your cosplay shot Tim! And your engine is heavy indeed.

Both shots nicely captured and the second one bang on theme for Heavy!

Nice one - I was thinking of a recent shot of this very loco for my entry :)

Free week. That‘s a captivating portrait Tim and the background colours add to the overall atmosphere.
Heavy. A nice treatment of that classic loco.

I love the processing on this.. it's a very convincing old image!

Fabulous lighting in your free week. Sounds very tricky! An engaging look as well from your subject.

The processing really suits the train shot. I like the composition you have chosen.
Thanks everyone.
I do like the lighting on the cosplay shot and the editing for the spam can seemed to work just right too :)

That works nicely.
My personal and unwarranted obsession with order would have wanted a more equal distances between the models, but you're MUCH better that this game than me Tim, so I'll assume this is the way you wanted it

It looks like a superpower just sped through. I like the poses.
Is it real film in the instax evo? I'm out of touch.
I'm using the new Instax Mini Evo.
So yes, instant film, but this new one shoots digitally (4.9mp sensor - worse quality than my old DC240 from 2000 produced), so you shoot digitally, decide which one to print, then print. (it's std instax film, so god knows how that works).
That works nicely.
My personal and unwarranted obsession with order would have wanted a more equal distances between the models, but you're MUCH better that this game than me Tim, so I'll assume this is the way you wanted it
Generally you don't direct the cosplayers too much (well some you have to, others are pretty good at posing).
I quite liked the way that their heads are at a constant gradient (Jack is much taller than Beci & Bri).

I'm using the new Instax Mini Evo.
So yes, instant film, but this new one shoots digitally (4.9mp sensor - worse quality than my old DC240 from 2000 produced), so you shoot digitally, decide which one to print, then print. (it's std instax film, so god knows how that works).
Interesting, so digital, but doesn't get written to a card then? A sort of half way house.

Interesting stuff :)

I like that a lot Tim. The colours stand out well against the metal door and the collective poses are effective.

Interesting, so digital, but doesn't get written to a card then? A sort of half way house.
It has 48mb of internal memory and a micro sd card. 32GB = 25k shots (it only does jpg).
You can bluetooth the shots to your phone (via the app), but ONLY if you print them first.
Obvs you can remove the sd card to transfer the shots, but that's a pita.

Interesting shot Tim, I didn't know that there was a "Spider Gwen". I like the light leak a lot.

Week 9 - Damp + Technique (Reflection)

If you look carefully you can just about make out the remains of the damp weather on the tabletop.
It was a cold, damp, dreary day, but the colours Dammy was wearing brightened everything up.
I do have shot that made the damp weather more obvious, but I really liked this shot with the reflections and it *just* counts given the water droplet remains on the table.

Dammy Brown by Tim White, on Flickr

Those colours certainly pop, and the damp table works

Fab colours and reflection, and no-one will question the damp theme with the droplets on the table, especially to the keeper of the scrolls :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
Back