LC2's Cosplay & Railway Shoehorns for 2019 - COMPLETED - Week LII - Out Take

Things that you don't come across very often nowadays. It is good that the council decided to keep it and left it in a semi-rusty state. Like the texture and the handle design.

Actually, all the major city councils in Scotland have installed the modern version of these machines for refilling your bottle rather than buying another plastic bottle of water.

Really nice image and smack on theme. Great colours and textures in there.

Things that you don't come across very often nowadays. It is good that the council decided to keep it and left it in a semi-rusty state. Like the texture and the handle design.

Actually, all the major city councils in Scotland have installed the modern version of these machines for refilling your bottle rather than buying another plastic bottle of water.
I think they are adding them around London too, but that is a cool original.
Next to it there is a horse trough (though used as a flower planter these days, nats).
Good find and shot for drink Tim, not many of those about now days.
I can't take the credit for finding it, it was @minx who knew it was there (from geocaching).
Really nice image and smack on theme. Great colours and textures in there.
Thanks Jim. I do wonder in retrospect whether there was a slightly different angle that allowed me to lose the grass, but I didn't want to go B&W as that would lose the colour in the rust.

Week XXXVI - Soft

It's been done many times I'm sure, but hell why not.
Soft Focus
Allegedly this is a paddle steamer being done up. Not sure how they get it through the 14' locks on the Grand Union, but that's where it is.
Taken using my Lensbaby Sol45 to give it that soft look. Focus (really, there was something in focus?) was on the paddle housing.

TP 52 for 2019 - Week XXXVI : Soft
by Tim White, on Flickr

Not keen on the lensbaby don't really see the point they kind of hurt my eyes, I do understand why you used it though

seems like an interesting vessel though be interesting to see the finished article

Great subject but, personally i'm not a fan of the soft edges - my eyes can't really settle anywhere.

Not keen on the lensbaby don't really see the point they kind of hurt my eyes, I do understand why you used it though

seems like an interesting vessel though be interesting to see the finished article
I did try to find out more about it, but didn't manage to find anything on the net.
Great subject but, personally i'm not a fan of the soft edges - my eyes can't really settle anywhere.
I came close to buying the Lensbaby Velvet but changed my mind.
On the shot I`m not sure really Tim, sorry.
I suspect you're all going to hate the next two too, as I was too lazy to walk back to the car and pick up a normal lens...

Smashing images Tim!(y)

Drink: What an interesting old relic...great textures detail. Nice to see one in original condition...hope it stays that way.
Soft: Another great find Tim...love those paddle housings. Not sure about the lensbaby though, I'm not familiar with those lenses...it's different!
Old: Interesting subject with some nice textures. Again, it's an odd effect, so I'll stay on the fence!:giggle:

I suspect you're all going to hate the next two too, as I was too lazy to walk back to the car and pick up a normal lens...

:agree:
hehehe
:LOL:...... you might be right.
I very much suspect so :)
Smashing images Tim!(y)

Drink: What an interesting old relic...great textures detail. Nice to see one in original condition...hope it stays that way.
Soft: Another great find Tim...love those paddle housings. Not sure about the lensbaby though, I'm not familiar with those lenses...it's different!
Old: Interesting subject with some nice textures. Again, it's an odd effect, so I'll stay on the fence!:giggle:
Lensbaby lenses are a good cheap way of ruining altering perfectly good pictures

The effect is much more apparent on this one as I am continually looking for the sharp bit (in the middle of the wall?). Often wondered what a lens-baby did and now I know - thank you! It is very touted for flower photography by Katherine Clemons...……..

The effect is much more apparent on this one as I am continually looking for the sharp bit (in the middle of the wall?). Often wondered what a lens-baby did and now I know - thank you! It is very touted for flower photography by Katherine Clemons...……..
I just had a look at what Katherine Clemons uses Joan and it's a lensbaby muse. It looks quite different to mine (sol45), but I think it has a similar effect, that of selective focusing. I couldn't find one on WEX, but the 'spark' looks similar
Still hating, you need to get rid of that lens Tim :D
My main photography audience love it though Dave, it's actually pretty good for cosplay portraiture.

Thats an interesting wall seems odd sitting there on its own, any info?
As for the lens baby at least I know what tunnel vision will look like when I'm older :ty:

Week XL - Free Week

It's 2 weeks until MCM London, so here's one from Nor-Con to get you all excited ;)
This is Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, Aspect of the Red Dragonflight from World of Warcraft and Hearthstone.
Generally found atop Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight, Northrend but on this occasion at the Royal Norfolk Showground,

Alexstrasza - World of Warcraft
by Tim White, on Flickr

Hi Tim,

A bit of a catch up from me...

Dirty - Interesting shot of part of railway life that I guess the public wouldn't ordinarily see. Good fit for the theme especially with the S&D link.
Life - As always, a great ComCon shot Tim. She does look a little scary with that hypodermic!
Closed - It is a sad to see so many pubs closing like this. Perfect for the theme.
Flower - I like this shot. Maybe give the exposure a tiny boost?
Drink - Good shot and the tight crop works.
Soft - I like the boat but I'm not keen on the effect - sorry.
Old - See above (change boat for sign) :)
Dull - This one works better for me. I can't put my finger on why though.
Free - Another cracking ComCon shot (y)

Believe it or not, I haven't seen a Lensbaby image before then 3 come along at once. It suits the Soft theme but not too sure about the subject.

I have not a foggy what you're talking about the Free week shot but image-wise its a great portrait shot, nice tone and good use of depth of field to make her stand out from the background.

Hi Tim

Drink, Nice details on the pump which contrast well with the background, however I think it is cropped a bit tight to the top.

Soft, an interesting vessel and the soft focus is strange, but for the theme it fits. Looks like an interesting lens, but 170 odd quid I don't think I would bother.

Old, the effect is not working for me at all. Nice colours and detail in the focused bits.

Dull, I think I need new glasses, that wall is anything but dull.

Freeweek, great Image, tac sharp, love the getup, eyes are stunning. Background does not for me reflect the character as I imagine it to be. Didnt you have a spare temple around:)

Pete

Hi Tim,

A bit of a catch up from me...

Dirty - Interesting shot of part of railway life that I guess the public wouldn't ordinarily see. Good fit for the theme especially with the S&D link.
Life - As always, a great ComCon shot Tim. She does look a little scary with that hypodermic!
Closed - It is a sad to see so many pubs closing like this. Perfect for the theme.
Flower - I like this shot. Maybe give the exposure a tiny boost?
Drink - Good shot and the tight crop works.
Soft - I like the boat but I'm not keen on the effect - sorry.
Old - See above (change boat for sign) :)
Dull - This one works better for me. I can't put my finger on why though.
Free - Another cracking ComCon shot (y)
Cheers Lee. I do tend to agree that the lensbaby wall shot works better than the other too. Maybe the colours?
Free week is a very nice image Tim, love the separation of the BG plus love the eyes.
Cheers Dave. Helps having space outside to do things like losing the background like that.
Believe it or not, I haven't seen a Lensbaby image before then 3 come along at once. It suits the Soft theme but not too sure about the subject.

I have not a foggy what you're talking about the Free week shot but image-wise its a great portrait shot, nice tone and good use of depth of field to make her stand out from the background.
I'm fairly sure I've posted lensbaby shots before, just not a batch of them like this.
I think that her portrait shot is one of my favourites from the day.
Hi Tim

Drink, Nice details on the pump which contrast well with the background, however I think it is cropped a bit tight to the top.

Soft, an interesting vessel and the soft focus is strange, but for the theme it fits. Looks like an interesting lens, but 170 odd quid I don't think I would bother.

Old, the effect is not working for me at all. Nice colours and detail in the focused bits.

Dull, I think I need new glasses, that wall is anything but dull.

Freeweek, great Image, tac sharp, love the getup, eyes are stunning. Background does not for me reflect the character as I imagine it to be. Didnt you have a spare temple around:)

Pete
Hi Pete, I had to compose and crop like that on the pump because of the pub in hte background causing a distraction. I did try other angles, but that was the one that I felt worked best.
Dull, surely walls are dull? ;)
Alexstraza... Afraid no temples, and I don't think the tin barn that is the Norfolk Royal Showground (or the outside loos) would've made a better background ;)

Soft
Good textures and I like the look of the rusty boat.

Old
I think a tighter crop would work a little better, just to help isolate the distance marker.

Dull
It's a bit of an oddity, a wall (well a bit of a wall) randomly in the middle of nothing.

Free week
Nice isolation from the background and simple colours.

Mmmmm - not too sure about those Lensbaby shots, not really for me. But well ......
FREE - cracker, those eyes! I imagine coloured contact lenses??

Soft
Good textures and I like the look of the rusty boat.

Old
I think a tighter crop would work a little better, just to help isolate the distance marker.
OlD - yes, possibly, but I wanted the effect from the lensbaby ;)
Dull
It's a bit of an oddity, a wall (well a bit of a wall) randomly in the middle of nothing.

Free week
Nice isolation from the background and simple colours.
Actually, there are 2 of those bits of wall. I have no idea why (and couldn't find anything online).
Mmmmm - not too sure about those Lensbaby shots, not really for me. But well ......
FREE - cracker, those eyes! I imagine coloured contact lenses??
Yes, coloured contacts. Those are quite restrained compared to some that you see.

Ooooooh lovely - I like a Hoover :D

was going to comment on the fact that it looks nothing like a lion but have noticed the name on the side, very clever indeed.

Bit of a catch up from me.

Dull: Nice bit of wall that. Still not sure about the lensbaby effect, but it is certainly eye catching!
Free week: Cracking portrait, great sharpness and the colours are terrific!
Song: Fantastic old Deltic locomotive, and the processing really suits it. Nicely done!

A great train shot for song, although I prefer the picture to the song!

Cool image for song Tim, nice colours.
Cheers Dave. Not typically Fuji colours (and not actually true to life), because of the preset, but I think it works.
Ooooooh lovely - I like a Hoover :D
(y)
was going to comment on the fact that it looks nothing like a lion but have noticed the name on the side, very clever indeed.
I was determined to have a train song title, and was up for Saxon's Princess of the Night or maybe the KLF's Last train to Transcentral.
When I was wandering around the yard I suddenly realised this was just perfect.
Bit of a catch up from me.

Dull: Nice bit of wall that. Still not sure about the lensbaby effect, but it is certainly eye catching!
Free week: Cracking portrait, great sharpness and the colours are terrific!
Song: Fantastic old Deltic locomotive, and the processing really suits it. Nicely done!
'sfunny, no one seems to like the lensbaby, ah well, I do :)
The Diesel isn't a Deltic, Dave (@-Oy-) has it right, it's a Hoover
This is a Deltic:

D9009 ALYCIDON
by Tim White, on Flickr
A great train shot for song, although I prefer the picture to the song!
Cheers Mark. I quite like the song too really. It was a piece of it's time.

Liking the Song shot. I’m playing with some aged look processing myself at the moment since discovering LUTs in On1 photo.

Back