weekly Mandy's first 52 challenge 2014 week 52 added and all finished now

HI Mandy

I'm immediately drawn to the 2nd bubble....lovely shape , well positioned in the frame , sharp , hint of color top.....love it :clap:

The green one just doesn't do it for me...too in your face...sorry

But did I mention I LOVE #2 :)

Last edited:
2nd image for me - the green one is lacking something - not sure what and the B&W doesn't really convert very well and is a bit too dark for me.

Bubble - Not keen on the green in #1 and #2 does not do much for me, I'm afraid. I actually prefer #3 out of the lot, even if it is quite dark. There's less distractions and it feels cleaner than the others, if that makes sense.

Quick off the mark again Mandy :D……good work (y)

#2 gets my vote too, purely for the clarity in the bubble over the others.
I do like the vivid green background on #1 though, its quite eye catching.

Quick off the mark again Mandy :D……good work (y)

#2 gets my vote too, purely for the clarity in the bubble over the others.
I do like the vivid green background on #1 though, its quite eye catching.

Thanks for dropping by Iain much appreciated, i think i was aiming for Kawasaki ninja green when i picked it but didn't quite get there.

Thanks Sarah yes it would seem number 2 is my best effort, i had no idea what i was doing or how to pp my best sooc shots.

I think bubbles are best in a lot of natural light tbh - I think you need to be able to see the rainbow sheen on them.

Hi, light is an issue the second two are very dark and the first out of focus,
very difficult things to take pics of so well done for getting anything useable

2nd for me too Mandy (y) Looks very sharp, like the wood bg. I might have been tempted to clone out the small bubble on the left :)

I can relate to the octopus reference too :LOL:

Last edited:
2nd for me too Mandy (y) Looks very sharp, like the wood bg. I might have been tempted to clone out the small bubble on the left :)

I can relate to the octopus reference too :LOL:

Hi Mandy...well done for capturing those...they do have a habit of bursting just as you are about to take them don't they....I just find them a bit dark and would have like them on a lighter background...but well done...not an easy task.

I prefer the second image, I think it's the added detail in the wood that does it.

Thanks for the comments.

As others have said I'm not sure about 1. I do like 2 and the wood background but I really like 3. Just enough light to give the impression of the shape.

I prefer the second Bubble image as well. Good first attempt at this type of thing.

No 3 is my fav. I like the dark image and slight highlights which make you look longer to work out what it is. Well done also for sticking literally to theme and taking a bubble rather than bubbles.

Quick off the blocks again Mandy - feet up for the rest of the week...

#2 by far for me - initially looks a bit un-interesting, but the reflections around the outside of it do hold you in.

Tricky subject too. (y)

+1 for #2. It's a lovely shot with a nice contrast between the grain of the wood and the surface sheen of the bubble.

Quick off the blocks again Mandy - feet up for the rest of the week...

#2 by far for me - initially looks a bit un-interesting, but the reflections around the outside of it do hold you in.

Tricky subject too. (y)

+1 for #2. It's a lovely shot with a nice contrast between the grain of the wood and the surface sheen of the bubble.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment

Back