weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Nicely done! Or - if you'd chosed a different brand... Champion! :D
whatever you need to sort out seems to be sorted here, nice light and reflection
I agree with Allan, it's superbly lit and photographed!(y)
Reflections are terrific, especially on the threads....lovely stuff!
If you had more spark plugs, you could really 'start' something!....wow, sorry about that! :coat:
Really like this. Love the image quality, focus and lighting. Great shot
Works really well for me Mark. I love a macro and love reflections. I think that's first class
Many thanks for the comments!

Mark

Spark plugs, never seen any like that before, love the details and reflection, plenty to look at for a spark plug.

Pete

Week 21 - Whole Display... These four practiced their whole display over my house on Friday! Unfortunately most of it was against the sun.

XT031505 1.jpg

Ha ha. Nice spot there and lovely shoehorn :) Really well captured

The whole formation is a good capture there Mark
I’ve taken plane shots myself and it’s hard to take the wider view as the subjects get small. However yours works really well. Good job (y)

Hi Mark,
That's a belter of an image for your free week. Beautifully sharp and lit. Nice one :clap:
Whole is really nice too. Great that you got all four aircraft in the frame.

A lovely image for Whole, really well done. We often have a Spitfire flying over by us, from Exeter, during the summer, what a wonderful aircraft!

Right on theme Mark. What a view though !
Ha ha. Nice spot there and lovely shoehorn :) Really well captured
Super crisp image Mark!
Incredible that you got all four of the worlds arguably most famous aircraft in the same frame....certainly a once in a lifetime event I would think!
Fantastic work!(y)
The whole formation is a good capture there Mark
I’ve taken plane shots myself and it’s hard to take the wider view as the subjects get small. However yours works really well. Good job (y)
Hi Mark,
That's a belter of an image for your free week. Beautifully sharp and lit. Nice one :clap:
Whole is really nice too. Great that you got all four aircraft in the frame.
Liking your take for the theme Mark, can`t beat a whole display.
A lovely image for Whole, really well done. We often have a Spitfire flying over by us, from Exeter, during the summer, what a wonderful aircraft!
Thankyou all, much appreciated

Love this one :)

Week 23 Squash.... I must admit I found it quite tricky making a squash racket (that hasn't seen the light of day for about 20 years..) look interesting.

XT031783 1.jpg

Clever :D

Well it’s a good idea and you have composed it well, good B+W conversion

Nicely done, great take on the theme and really well composed and exposed.

Hi Mark,

Hot - Interesting. I would have thought this would have looked a bit floaty, with the black background, but with the way the bottom left merges into the background you've avoided that issue nicely. Gets a (y) from me.
Light - Another interesting shot, with the way the flame seems to have areas of different colour, clearly defined, rather than a gradient. I also like the blue vs orange.
Crowd - Heh, I'm probably going to go with that saying too, when I get around to it. Good use of complimentary colours.
Decay(ing) - Liking the shot, liking the B&W processing, but the wood looks in too good condition to really sell decay to me.
Good to get out of your comfort zone though with a different type of image, and in itself it is a good strong image.
Free Week - NGK, lurvely. Is that some new fangled type of electrode? I don't think it would work in my RD. How do you set the gap?
Nicely done with the strong reflections.
Whole - Works for me. Blue sky captured well without noise, and sufficient detail in the fighters.
Fragile - Cool shot, like the foreground colours vs the background. I would have gone with a wider DoF as I would like to have seen the whole of the leaves in focus, rather than just one. You have plenty of distance to the background so I think that the separation would still have been achieved.
Squash - Chuckle, my squash bat would be even older still. Nicely exposed, but a bit floaty.

Hi Mark,

Hot - Interesting. I would have thought this would have looked a bit floaty, with the black background, but with the way the bottom left merges into the background you've avoided that issue nicely. Gets a (y) from me.
Light - Another interesting shot, with the way the flame seems to have areas of different colour, clearly defined, rather than a gradient. I also like the blue vs orange.
Crowd - Heh, I'm probably going to go with that saying too, when I get around to it. Good use of complimentary colours.
Decay(ing) - Liking the shot, liking the B&W processing, but the wood looks in too good condition to really sell decay to me.
Good to get out of your comfort zone though with a different type of image, and in itself it is a good strong image.
Free Week - NGK, lurvely. Is that some new fangled type of electrode? I don't think it would work in my RD. How do you set the gap?
Nicely done with the strong reflections.
Whole - Works for me. Blue sky captured well without noise, and sufficient detail in the fighters.
Fragile - Cool shot, like the foreground colours vs the background. I would have gone with a wider DoF as I would like to have seen the whole of the leaves in focus, rather than just one. You have plenty of distance to the background so I think that the separation would still have been achieved.
Squash - Chuckle, my squash bat would be even older still. Nicely exposed, but a bit floaty.
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, appreciated.
The NGK plug is a surface discharge racing plug, and fairly standard for high revving, high compression motors. This was for a 1500 V8 Coventry Climax F1 engine, but they're used in all sorts. They have a pre set gap (obviously!) and they are pretty much bomb proof, so you don't get melting electrodes going through pistons etc...

Reactions: LC2
7000, that's tick over!
I remember the RD's, they were a favourite when I was a teenager, although I was always four wheels rather than two, racing karts in those days...

Your last three themes are all super shots. I particularly like the squash racket. The exposure looks spot on, and the mono choice, too.

I played squad too some 30 years ago ! I thought about using my old racket and balls until I looked at it and the mice have had a go. Nice shot Mark ! !

Your last three themes are all super shots. I particularly like the squash racket. The exposure looks spot on, and the mono choice, too.
I played squad too some 30 years ago ! I thought about using my old racket and balls until I looked at it and the mice have had a go. Nice shot Mark ! !

Many thanks!

Week 24 - English Summertime. After a week of rain, not much else came to mind...

XT031880 1.jpg

Could do with a little more contrast but a very good idea for the theme sums up summertime at the moment perfectly

Hi Mark

Typical summer time, as Allan said, more contrast is needed, but composition is good with the road leading in.

Pete

Could do with a little more contrast but a very good idea for the theme sums up summertime at the moment perfectly
Hi Mark

Typical summer time, as Allan said, more contrast is needed, but composition is good with the road leading in.

Pete

OK, thanks for the feedback. Here's a mark 3 version with more contrast, hopefully not too much, although I must admit, it doesn't feel right fiddling with a negative scan in Capture One!

XT031880 3.jpg

Like the second one Mark - that really does sum up our recent Summer weather. Thanks for cheering me up :)

Back