weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

/rolls eyes. *Just*. That's some impressive work getting it shot, developed, printed, scanned and posted in such a short space of time.
...developed and scanned (the boring part) this afternoon...

Lovely picture well done on processing it so quickly ( I really want to have a go at my own developing and processing!!)

Quite a few seem to have struggled with flat grey this week. Still a good shot with plenty of detail for low light.

Nice film shot.

Even though you had a grotty day Mark, that`s a nice shot.
/rolls eyes. *Just*. That's some impressive work getting it shot, developed, printed, scanned and posted in such a short space of time.
A nice shot for such a grey day. Looks like an interesting site.
That's a nice picture, I want to fish there.
Lovely picture well done on processing it so quickly ( I really want to have a go at my own developing and processing!!)
Quite a few seem to have struggled with flat grey this week. Still a good shot with plenty of detail for low light.
Nice film shot.
Thankyou very much, feedback appreciated..

Nice enough Mark, but I think there is still a little more to be had, with a levels tweak and a smidgen of sharpen.
I hope you don't mind, if you don't like it say so and I'll nuke it
Click for full size

Not-my-image.jpg

Nice enough Mark, but I think there is still a little more to be had, with a levels tweak and a smidgen of sharpen.
Click for full size

View attachment 268007
Ha! I did darken the reds and yellows more, but I thought it may be too dark, so slid them back.. I didn't sharpen it as I was trying to keep a soft feel. Interesting to see other peoples ideas though...

Lovely snowdrop, and what I am planning too, I won't let yours put me off though, I just hope I can get as close in quality.

Many thanks.
Look forward to seeing your take on snowdrops, it's always good to see different ideas.

Nice shot, the water droplets make all the difference there :)

Nice snowdrop - I muist get up to my usual spot for my annual Snowdrop pix!

Snappers choice - nothing wrong with that/
Wild - very nice, I would prefer a little sharper but it is a great image

Like this shot, dont think the sharpness detract in any way.

What lens and camera setup do you use for this type of image, at a guess I would say a nifty fifty with maybe 2.8 aperture, although I could be totally wrong.
Had a play about with your image in Affinity Photo IPad app to see how it could change it, hope you don’t mind, happy to remove if it’s an issue. Personally think by having the water drops it benefits being a bit sharper, also cropped from bottom right remembering Camera Club critiques about your eyes going to the brightest point. I really need to try photographing flowers and plants at some point, maybe I will try in a later week.

DDC363BF-2AF9-47BA-A9F7-FDE77D6A4433.jpeg

Last edited:
Great image, I thought about doing wild flowers but didn't get the chance yesterday and today ..... well, no chance. Anyway, it really suits the mono pp too and a lovely delicate subject.

What lens and camera setup do you use for this type of image, at a guess I would say a nifty fifty with maybe 2.8 aperture, although I could be totally wrong.
Had a play about with your image in Affinity Photo IPad app to see how it could change it, hope you don’t mind, happy to remove if it’s an issue. Personally think by having the water drops it benefits being a bit sharper, also cropped from bottom right remembering Camera Club critiques about your eyes going to the brightest point. I really need to try photographing flowers and plants at some point, maybe I will try in a later week.

View attachment 268251
That looks good.
The lens was the 24-85 2.8-4 set at about 35mm in macro mode.

Lovely Snowdrop shot Mark, liking the water drops on the flower head and it suits B&W.
Very nice image for Wild love the B&W conversion.
Click for full size

View attachment 268007
yes like that a lot is it snow drops
Lovely snowdrop, and what I am planning too, I won't let yours put me off though, I just hope I can get as close in quality.
Great shot and will suited to B&W - I like Cobra's processing though...
Nice shot, the water droplets make all the difference there :)
Nice snowdrop - I muist get up to my usual spot for my annual Snowdrop pix!
Snappers choice - nothing wrong with that/
Wild - very nice, I would prefer a little sharper but it is a great image
Like this shot, dont think the sharpness detract in any way.

View attachment 268251
Great image, I thought about doing wild flowers but didn't get the chance yesterday and today ..... well, no chance. Anyway, it really suits the mono pp too and a lovely delicate subject.
I'm liking the black & white and a good pov.
Lovely DOF on this. The water droplets are lovely.
Many thanks for all the feedback folks, appreciated

Nice, lovely muted colours, good use of bokeh and on theme. What's not to like?

I really like the colours and texture in that, nice take on the theme too.

Nicely taken Mark, subtle colours and you can see the texture.
Nice, lovely muted colours, good use of bokeh and on theme. What's not to like?
Loving the muted colours on this image Mark, it`s a great shot and nicely on theme.
Lovely natural colour and dof.
good take on the theme, Mark. Like the strong light and shadows.
I really like the colours and texture in that, nice take on the theme too.
It all works well, the dof, textures and colours.
Definitely broken, but what a shame the bottom of the petal is cut off!

Many thanks for the feedback & apologies for my lack of comments..

Looks great in mono, like the wafer thin focus, think you have cracked the abstract ability!

Back