weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

It's a Camelia.
You've caught the light nicely and is a nice angle.

Nice set Mark. #1 for me also

Right image for the thread. Beautiful light and really sharp image. Camellia I think?

I prefer the second as it loses most of the background. I would have taken it a bit more front on (but that's just me).

#1 for me too, gives a sense of perspective and I like the play of light and shadow on the flower!

Love the close up bu you picked the right one love the sun catching the petals.

It's a Camelia.
You've caught the light nicely and is a nice angle.
I like the close up, but agree with your choice of #1. The way the flower appears to be looking at the sun.
Loving the #1 shot Mark, a lovely angle it`s taken at and a nice white against the greens.
Nice set Mark. #1 for me also
I prefer close-up #2 without the slight distraction background.
Right image for the thread. Beautiful light and really sharp image. Camellia I think?
I prefer the second as it loses most of the background. I would have taken it a bit more front on (but that's just me).
#1 for me too, gives a sense of perspective and I like the play of light and shadow on the flower!
Love the close up bu you picked the right one love the sun catching the petals.
I like the way the flower is highlighted by the surround dark leaves.

Pete
Nice photos , I like the 2nd, nice close up and good lighting.

Many thanks for the feedback, appreciated..

Yes please!

This looks like a really tricky photograph to achieve to me. Lovely bokeh with the table merging with the background. The glasses are nicely lit and defined. The only thing I can see wrong with it, is that the glasses are empty :LOL:

Nice take on the theme although I cannot see the wine which would have been a nice touch for me.

I like the Mono conversion and DoF.

Looks good in mono and the glasses are well seperated from the background. Shame you drunk the wine first!:)

But they are empty :(
:D

Nice Mono shot Mark.

Empty glasses but really well executed photo and it works in B+W

Great composition and excellent execution and processing!

Yes please!

This looks like a really tricky photograph to achieve to me. Lovely bokeh with the table merging with the background. The glasses are nicely lit and defined. The only thing I can see wrong with it, is that the glasses are empty :LOL:
Nice take on the theme although I cannot see the wine which would have been a nice touch for me.

I like the Mono conversion and DoF.
Like it - @Bebop sums it up for me! Great set up.
Looks good in mono and the glasses are well seperated from the background. Shame you drunk the wine first!:)
Nice mono shot - the bokeh really makes the composition.
But they are empty :(
:D

Nice Mono shot Mark.
Wine o'clock! Works for me and very well executed, I like the b&w.
Empty glasses but really well executed photo and it works in B+W
Lovely. Bokeh is excellent.
Great composition and excellent execution and processing!

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. The glasses were empty intentionally, hence the question mark!

Week 15 Snappers choice & High Key. Struggling for motivation this week & I know it's an average picture at best..

DSC00467a.jpg

Snapper choice
Sometimes it's a bit like that, a lack of motivation. You've still got a shot done for the theme though and the technique to boot.

Hi Mark,

Just been looking back through some of your images.
Excellent low key shot of your Nikon F6 for Tool. Perfect lighting.
Lovely shot for Discarded too. Nice composition and lovely colours.
Wild is excellent too. I love the touch of the droplets. It really makes it for me as does the mono conversion.
Ability - I'd say you definitely have the ability. Nice mono with lovely texture.
Great PoV for your Book shot. It really leads my eye down to the canal.
Transport works perfectly for me. The low PoV and shallow DoF works great.
Fence - Another well thought out PoV and the mono works well for both the wood and sky.
Like your high Key shot for Flora. The dark area to the left is a touch distracting though.

Struggling for motivation this week
Its weird sometimes, people will come up with some pretty ingenious idea's when they are "told" what to do, but left to peoples own devices they struggle.

Nothing wrong with that image Mark, and fits in nicely

I have taken loads of flower photos this week so not to worry about motivation, so many are really pretty and your high key works well, plenty of detail in the petals.

I've also taken lots of blossom pics this week. I don't have many flowers in my garden and am a bit fed up of walking the same walk.

Well done for getting something up on time and getting the technique in. You've managed to control the highlights well and keep the detail in the petals.. as has already been mentioned.

I think your snappers choice has a lot of potential - it's a really nice shot, just needs the rather empty top right cropped out (or a Dutch angle) to concentrate more on the flower head.

Motivation is challenging at the moment isn't it... I've got a roll of FP4+ in my pocket camera which is stubbornly refusing to have the last six frames shot...

I've wandered in and out of my garden this week, looking at the few flowers over and over again and still not shot anything for this week.
I think a bit of work on processing might bring the blossom to life.

It's a nice simple shot. Agreed that a crop and a little bit of processing might add to it. If the motivation isn't there for a topic then let it go - we can't be enthusiastic all the time.

It fits for the technique and is a pleasant enough shot!

Snapper choice
Sometimes it's a bit like that, a lack of motivation. You've still got a shot done for the theme though and the technique to boot.
I agree with above, I will be starting week 5 and finding things to photograph is going to get hard. Lots of detail there and high key too(y)
Hi Mark,

Just been looking back through some of your images.
Excellent low key shot of your Nikon F6 for Tool. Perfect lighting.
Lovely shot for Discarded too. Nice composition and lovely colours.
Wild is excellent too. I love the touch of the droplets. It really makes it for me as does the mono conversion.
Ability - I'd say you definitely have the ability. Nice mono with lovely texture.
Great PoV for your Book shot. It really leads my eye down to the canal.
Transport works perfectly for me. The low PoV and shallow DoF works great.
Fence - Another well thought out PoV and the mono works well for both the wood and sky.
Like your high Key shot for Flora. The dark area to the left is a touch distracting though.
Its weird sometimes, people will come up with some pretty ingenious idea's when they are "told" what to do, but left to peoples own devices they struggle.

Nothing wrong with that image Mark, and fits in nicely
I have taken loads of flower photos this week so not to worry about motivation, so many are really pretty and your high key works well, plenty of detail in the petals.
I've also taken lots of blossom pics this week. I don't have many flowers in my garden and am a bit fed up of walking the same walk.

Well done for getting something up on time and getting the technique in. You've managed to control the highlights well and keep the detail in the petals.. as has already been mentioned.
I think your snappers choice has a lot of potential - it's a really nice shot, just needs the rather empty top right cropped out (or a Dutch angle) to concentrate more on the flower head.

Motivation is challenging at the moment isn't it... I've got a roll of FP4+ in my pocket camera which is stubbornly refusing to have the last six frames shot...
I've wandered in and out of my garden this week, looking at the few flowers over and over again and still not shot anything for this week.
I think a bit of work on processing might bring the blossom to life.
It's a nice simple shot. Agreed that a crop and a little bit of processing might add to it. If the motivation isn't there for a topic then let it go - we can't be enthusiastic all the time.
It fits for the technique and is a pleasant enough shot!
Nicely composed and taken works for High Key for me

Many thanks for the comments & feedback, appreciated as ever..

Back