weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

Bang on theme! Looks like the measurment for the poster was a bit off though :)

On theme, but has it worked, not in the north east and liverpool by looking at the recent news.

I like the colour and condition of the brick wall. Much better than a sign stuck to a lamppost.

Pete

Agree with everyone else, it's on theme.
But...
Top of the sign missing (doesn't look like a deliberate crop in)
It's not straight
The interesting stuff at the back is too dark
Litter Bin
I get the feeling you weren't *feeling* this theme.

But...
It's not straight
Litter Bin
It was a quick snap (trying to get used to 28mm fov and no viewfinder) so the missing top of the sign was a mistake, which meant the more I straightened it the more of the sign was chopped off. The deep shadows to the right were intentional, to make the blue poster stand out and add a bit of atmosphere, it clearly failed!

Topical
Well spotted, you've done a good job to get the shot without any People in it.

Fits the theme well given the heightened concern about being out and about. The idea of welcoming and there is no-one there comes across

Topical - I'm sure with all the variations in covid material around the world, designers and printers must be one business sector making money.

Bang on theme and I like the bright colour of the sign against the darker street scene.

I like the contrast of the positive message with the gllomy deserted street.

Bang on theme! Looks like the measurment for the poster was a bit off though :)
Yep, a very typical street scene all over the UK towns and cities.
On theme, but has it worked, not in the north east and liverpool by looking at the recent news.

I like the colour and condition of the brick wall. Much better than a sign stuck to a lamppost.

Pete
Agree with everyone bang on theme
But...
It's not straight
Litter Bin
Topical
Well spotted, you've done a good job to get the shot without any People in it.
Fits the theme well given the heightened concern about being out and about. The idea of welcoming and there is no-one there comes across
Topical - I'm sure with all the variations in covid material around the world, designers and printers must be one business sector making money.
Very topical indeed. Nicely taken - the deserted street against the "Welcome Back" sign is a nice touch.
Bang on theme and I like the bright colour of the sign against the darker street scene.
I like the contrast of the positive message with the gllomy deserted street.

Many thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

Week 42 - Nine weeks old & trying to work out what is or isn't FOOD

R0000101s.jpg

Kind of food for thought? Good pic Mark. I like the DOF and the subtle vignette. I think that the image captures some of his (her?) personality.

Great shoe horn, and a lovely pic of your new pooch! Hope he/she doesn't experiment too much / make you clear up the results of the experiments too much...

I really like the low viewpoint you've got here, and the concentrating on the puppy's new experiences.

Ten out of ten for the aww factor this theme. Nice composition - and I am sure there will be many more :)

Lovely food image, the DoF is perfect and the detail in the pup's coat is really nice. The close up composition also works very well for me.

Gorgeous pup. A great subject there for years to come!

I don't know if that is a chocolate lab, but we used to have one who would eat ANYTHING! He was a very naughty but lovable boy. I like the low angle you've captured him at.

Kind of food for thought? Good pic Mark. I like the DOF and the subtle vignette. I think that the image captures some of his (her?) personality.
Great shoe horn, and a lovely pic of your new pooch! Hope he/she doesn't experiment too much / make you clear up the results of the experiments too much...

I really like the low viewpoint you've got here, and the concentrating on the puppy's new experiences.
Ten out of ten for the aww factor this theme. Nice composition - and I am sure there will be many more :)
That's a great shot.

And it's bang on theme because to a puppy EVERYTHING is food.
Lovely food image, the DoF is perfect and the detail in the pup's coat is really nice. The close up composition also works very well for me.
Lovely dog and nicely composed. Good shoehorn too!
Gorgeous pup. A great subject there for years to come!

I don't know if that is a chocolate lab, but we used to have one who would eat ANYTHING! He was a very naughty but lovable boy. I like the low angle you've captured him at.
Nice thoughtful pup.
Many thanks all..

Week 43 - Sharp & Technique. The 28mm f2.8 lens is incredibly sharp, especially for a 1990's point & shoot film camera. Two LED torches for light.

DSCF0139s.jpg

Nicely lit.

Very classy image and well lit, like the little reflection.

Very nice low key image. The small spot of reflection works really well.

Food
If that's a Labrador, then everything is food.
It's a great pov, down low is the way to go.

Sharp
I like the simplicity and the light, I'm not too sure about the GR1s reflection, it's a little distracting.

Nicely executed
Really nice lighting. Love the reflection.
Nicely lit.
The lighting is very effective - and that's a rather nice little cameras!
agree nice bit of lighting
Very classy image and well lit, like the little reflection.
Very nice sharp image Mark, good lighting.
Nice angle and lighting.
Very nice low key image. The small spot of reflection works really well.
Food
If that's a Labrador, then everything is food.
It's a great pov, down low is the way to go.

Sharp
I like the simplicity and the light, I'm not too sure about the GR1s reflection, it's a little distracting.
Nice low key lighting.
Many thanks for the feedback, appreciated

Week 44 - Digital age. I didn't like this theme, a lack of ideas...

DSCF0026ss.jpg

Perfectly good shot for digital fits the brief. I do like the grass shot perfect DoF very good indeed

Back