weekly meaks 52 for 2015 - Week 29 - Pale

For "Bliss" I took this image of one of our cats who was quite happily toasting her paws and any other part of body she could get close to the radiator.
Have made it a black and white image to strengthen the image by removing the distraction of a clash of colours (red walls, white radiator and window, orange table). Now I have looked at it again I am thinking maybe should have colour popped the eyes.

Week 01 - Bliss by meaker_5360, on Flickr

I like the b+w conversion of your cat. Not sure that colour popping the eyes would add anything to it.

Edit to add: I really like the shot of the Red Arrows as well!

Last edited:
Hi patterns that's a wonderful photograph the red really do pop.

Bliss cracking at low angle and the cat looks very happy.

I'm not sure if the links you posted in the photographs only three are working properly.

Welcome aboard.

For some reason the link was broken from the 52 thread,
but I've repaired it for you (y)

Patterns, nice and colourful,
and the cat certainly seems to be in its element,
with Bliss :)

Hi Chris & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Patterns....good shot but...it's an archive shot ......saying nuffink :rolleyes:

Bliss....oh yes...that's one happy pretty kitty (y) From what you say Mono was good way to go , not sure about the sc ( though I do like sc ) maybe try it , post up & see what the reaction is ?

Nice one Chris for bliss... that's a great shot of your cat. Good conversion and even though I'm not a cat fan, I think it's a lovely picture. Very glad you didn't go SC on the eyes! SC is a bit like marmite most of the time: some love, some hate... none in between :)

Here's my attempt for "Fragile", a photo of a handmade glass ship we have. Sure enough it lived up to the topic when a small piece broke off when it was being moved for the photo.

Week 02 - Fragile by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Last edited:
Fragile - now that does indeed look very fragile indeed, a nice image for the theme Good work well done.

Scenic - a lovely image fits the theme perfectly, nice reflections on the water. Would be a excellent image if there was a bit more interest in the sky, but you can only work with what you have at the time.

Great work Chris, The tail fins on the Red Arrows is a fantastic image,
I love all nautical things so the the fragile shot works well for me too,
although I actually thought it was one of those scratch art pictures, until reading, sorry to hear you broke a bit,
Your Scenic shot is absolutely stunning !!! (y)
All the best with the rest, looking forward to seeing more images like this. :)

Love the Brecon Beacons shot, walked them many time as my sister used to live in a little village called Gilwern near them

Nice Chris I like that it makes me feel like I want to be there (y)

Nice reflection, but pity there's not more light on those trees ... not always an easy thing to organise, I know. o_O

Hiya Chris... a couple of strong images there.

Fragile works really well for me and looks absolutely fab viewed large on flickr. Did you have a "just large enough" black background with large lightsource behind it? I really like that white rim lighting on glass... and prefer it to the opposite (black rim with white background). It works well in your image.

Scenic is definitely that. I feel the image could do with something else to grab the attention, but it's certainly a very pretty scene and you've captured the detail well.

Finally caught up on some processing
Second attempt after my the first which was a grab shot wasn't sharp enough, I took this one of some lambs basking in the sunshine. This is at a farm I pass on the way to work who does his lambing early in January.

Week 04 - Companions
by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Last edited:
This was from an idea I had which unfortunately I couldn't execute as the shop has security bars across the inside of their window at night, and purely by accident came across this other shop with a what I thought had a better more elegant display

Week 05 - Elegant by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Companions - I like this nice to see some cute little lambs, crit wise I'd be tempted to clone out the bit of grass that's on the lamb laying down on the left. The shadows on the black faced lamb are hiding the detail in his face sadly.

Elegant - that's a nice find for theme, certainly looks like a elegant window display.

Hi Mike

I really like the Elegant image, that jumble of feminine bits & pieces, well lit and framed like that. (y)

Elegant is lovely and patterns blows me away!

Hi Chris

elegant.....at st I thought it was 2 separate images but now I can see it's one shop widow....good spot for the them......personnaly I think the righthand window would make a good standalone shot , lovely light on the dress & the splash of red makes it pop (y)

Elegant, yes it definitely fits the theme (y)
Well spotted and captured.

Agree with Lynne the right hand side window would have been perfect on its own. Less is more as they say.

Well, companions makes me smile, simply because my 4 year old would start shouting "sizzle sizzle!" (which is my fault as I taught him that's the sound lambs make if Daddy gets his own way :oops: :$) Nicely grabbed shot and definitely on theme. More eye contact and a closer zoom would strengthen it for me, as would having them looking into (rather than out of) frame, but not always easy.

Elegant is a nice spot and take - agree with @blondie606 that the right side definitely shouts "elegant" louder... the left side looks more like "cluttered"! Nicely shot in the circumstances though :)

Thanks for the comments agree with the comment about the just the right hand side of the window. I had looked at putting one in with just the righthand side but went for the whole shop window in the end. I'm sure if I did just the right side some one have said they would like to see the whole window.

After keeping taking the images going for the last few weeks I have finally caught up with a bit of processing and have got them uploaded today, before I get moved to 'The Wall of Shame'.

Watery - A shot taken in Caldicot Castle grounds, there is a little patch that floods every year and can produce a nice reflection of this tree if the light is right

Week 06 - Watery by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Vertical - Cheated on this as this was a shot taken about 18 months ago which I have used as I haven't got the time to go back and take a new shot. The car was still there at the start of the year

Week 09 - Vertical by meaker_5360, on Flickr

Back