weekly Minx 52 for 2016 -Finished

Artificial - Lovely flowers and nicely composed photo! The increased whiteness on your edited version is much better, but i prefer the crop on your first version. :)

Personal - Well done, your son! :) Sounds really far to swim!

Effort - Wow, you’ve made some beautiful things! I like how even the shadows have lovely patterns and details on them.

Technology - I like the cropped version. A nice photo of a beautiful machine. :)

Lovely shot for technology. :clap: I agree with Susie the cropped version work well giving a great angle to the shot.

Works for me. Horizontals can be inferred as in this case and not spirit-levelled lines across the page. I like the vivid colours too and particularly the glossy sheen to the top of the barriers.

Horizontal - Interesting shot for the theme, I wouldn't have thought about taking it from that viewpoint but as Carl says it works with the inferred horizontal.

Effort - You must have been so pleased with making them yourself and you have captured them really well.

Personal - congratulations to our son for the achievement.

Oh no! not more trains Minx your'll be in trouble :D

I'd say it works for horizontal too :)

Great image for horizontal nice bright colours and great POV shame about the sky but you can not do much about that

Well, it's level (crossing) so I assuming that has to be horizontal :)

Well spotted... I might have used a slightly wider aperture to get less depth of field and throw some of the barrier out of focus? Others have mentioned getting the verticals vertical as well. The man I like in the shot - but I might have tried to get him all in shot, perhaps rather than just half of him?

Looking forward to your vast!

Alison Hi, I do prefer the second Technology cropped image, better balanced. Nice and sharp. Horizontal works for me too, shame about the lamppost,

like the idea of Horizontal barriers running diagonal across the frame.

Lots of comments about the angle of the lamp post (oddly none about the other side of the station) but taken from that angle, without a serious piece of lens correction you'll always get that trapezoid effect. The train itself is nicely vertical, and contrasts with the diagonal horizontals.
(y)

Hi Minx..... i'm sorry i haven't seen your thread sooner... very lax and am making up now... great start to the year i see (didnt see your name down for the photo24 though ... maybe i a few weeks times at the half way point) ... liking your takes on the themes.. esp danger (dastardly naughty cropping to me us think the worst) and spiky.. loved that one.. oh..metal..very creative.. (y)

That is really well taken - beautiful landscape, lovely colours and detail in that sky. Like the crop too. :clap:

Nice photo, the clouds disappearing into the distance really give a sense of vast scale.

#1 for me me Minx, for the same reasons as Tim
( that's the second time I've agreed with @LC2 recently :D )

Yes, definitely #1 for me too - lovely texture with all those nicks and crevices and colour.

Very Very Scary... You'll be posting pictures of choo choos next !
Well actually I have this burning ambition :D

Back