weekly Minx 52 for 2017

HI yes @Dark Knight I am still around I have taken some shots that I need to upload but home and scouting life have taken me over temporarily with a group camp coming up that I am taking the lead on. I will catch up again soon I hope.

HI yes @Dark Knight I am still around I have taken some shots that I need to upload but home and scouting life have taken me over temporarily with a group camp coming up that I am taking the lead on. I will catch up again soon I hope.
Glad to hear it, life sure does get busy... enjoy the camp (y)

So I have been AWOL but am catching up not all there but maybe enough to get off the naughty step

Evolve
This Mighty Oak evolved from a tiny acorn like this

Oak
by Alison White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well done on the catch up.

Pleasure - sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon, I like the choice to have the kids OOF but not sure about the point of view giving the branch at the front overlapping them.
Architecture - Lots of choice as you say! I agree with your choice of favourite, it has plenty of interest and a good exposure, maybe would have got a little closer and lost a bit of the bottom of the shot but I do like the little bit of framing with the tree to add a bit of greenery into the image.

Great catch-up! Standing out for me is "large", great street scene and great looks on the faces of the children! And I quite like your alien transport on the canal, is that an evacuation pod from an oil rig?

Hi Alison,

Good catch up there, I see @Dark Knight has taken you off the naughty step :)

Evolve - Nails the theme and an interesting piece of colour matching, yet still obviously showing the subject of the image.
Hold - A good angle for this, avoiding any unsightly distractions.
Smoke - So the Terriers on the IoW do actually generate smoke then... Works as an interesting view on the subject, hiding the loco is a clever concept that I wouldn't have thought of.
Vivid - Good array of vivid colours captured there with some additional context to the shot.
Large - The look on the small boy's face is priceless. Good spot (y)
Architecture - Ooh Ooh Please Miss, I know where this is :) I think I may have gone for the close up on the corner that you've added, though the first shot has lots of detail and a good sky adding colour to the shot.
Transport - Can't beat a shot of a steam loco, even if it is an A3. ;) The Hampton Ferry shot really needs straightening, the Thames doesn't slope quite that much.
Pleasure - Brilliant shot. Loving the OoF on the two boys and the framing you've achieved with the trees. You've also used leading lines to direct us to the boys. :clap: I think this is my pick of the catch up.

I quite like your alien transport on the canal, is that an evacuation pod from an oil rig?

We thought it must be an emergency escape pod of some sort but didn't ask the guy who had it what it is. Certainly not a space vehicle

thanks for the comments so far they all appreciated

Last edited:
A good selection minx (y)

I like the Elisabethen courtyard, a bit like Fulham Palace. With the right computer trickery you could easily drag that top left corner out to upright.

Re Pleasure ... I like the two kids walking off into the distance. Nicely done (y)

Last edited:
Good that you are still with us Alison, the butterfly is minimal but perhaps the background is a bit busy for the theme, nicely captured though.

The tiny conker is a very good find and a nice sharp photo

:) And Agriculture... we've got to stop cross posting like this ... nice lines leading thought the crop, detail in the sky, nicely done

Ok done for today 2 outstanding and what ever comes out tomorrow. Will try to look at other peoples at the weekend I will have more time for pictures once school breaks up and will try to keep up now, honest.

Last edited:
Hi Alison,
Another good catch up :)

Minimal - Very minimal decoration. Great sharp shot :)

Tiny - I see what you mean about how easy it would be to confuse the penny with a tuppence. Bang on theme, nice exposure and detail.

Face - Sharp and you've avoiding blowing highlights, but that it's not quite symmetrical in the shot hurts OCD.

Agriculture - Leading lines, on the thirds, not too much sky and what is there is nicely exposed, and plenty of detail. A solid on theme shot.

Good work Minx ... I especially like Agriculture not only for the reasons Tim points out above but for good FG interest. I think it's oats with some weeds that don't belong there.

I took these before my holiday but failed to post them here putting me further behind again
this one is long overdue Broken

Broken

Last edited:
Fruit
These two were taken in the right week and up loaded to Flickr I simply failed to put it here at the right time I like 1st best but feel the 2nd is a better photo
Black Berries and Elder Berries

Fruit

Sloes

Fruit

Back