Minx 52 for 2020

Hi Alison, nice interpretation but I also agree the needle would be better off slightly higher up in the black.

A good catch up.
Autumn is nice, but feel it looks a bit flat and could be a bit more punchy.

Wet

Wet
by Alison White, on Flickr

Having struggled and failed with another idea I spotted these very wet leaves and decided they would do.

Last edited:
Most certainly very wet, so well spotted for the theme! It looks like you've arranged these for the photo. I think the highlights stand out in the bottom right leaf. I'm a bit undecided if that's a good thing or not as it does draw your eye at first glance. I might be tempted to lower those highlights and see how it looked.

Hi Ali,

Autumn - The landscape version for me. Probably because it's a tighter/closer crop.
Activity - Fun shot of the tog taking photos of the smoke machine :)
Food - Works nicely. Good composition with the apples on each third, and the touch of red helps to add to the colour matched shot.
Sharp - Having read the comments, yes perhaps there could have beena slightly better angle, but it's certainly nailed the subject.
Wet - I like that. Natural world at it's best.

Oh groan, :p
A pleasing image nonetheless though (y)

Wet, topical and narrow.. nice set of images fitting the themes and with their own theme :)

Nice few images for your catch up but maybe a tiny bit under saturated/vibrant (for my taste, at least).

Is that a Christmas tree at the front of that narrow boat?! Far too early for that nonsense (although this year, I'll just about give it a pass...)

Hits the theme - works for me!

Hi Ali,

Digital - I think the photobomb shot for me. I like how Pikachu is sitting on the (I think) grinding stone and the photobomb is amusing.
Narrow - As well as the narrow boat, the angle and double mooring of the boats give the canal a narrow appearance too. Nicely shot.
Topical - Haha, that's clever. Very on theme for 2020.

I've no idea what you just said Alison, but I'm with Tim on the "photobomb (y)

Hi Alison

You and Tim are very much alike with your fantasy Characters.
Thumbs up for your Narrow (y)
And double Thumbs up for Topical (y) (y)

Pete

A comment catch-up Alison
Wet: I like the idea though I think a bit more contrast and or saturatiom miight have brought out the colours more.
Topical: I still can't get used to all these deserted areas, though it doesn't seem to be occuring as much in lockdown 2.
Narrow: Nice and colourful shot.
Digital: I love number 2. Brought a big smile to my face.

It seems we have a pair of watching me watching you images :D

Made me smile that you've captured each other :) Very colourful and I now know it's a lovely spot, even if it did used to be a sewerage works.

Digital: I missed this before. I really like the photo bombed shot. Love the pokemon colours.

Narrow: Nice reflections, and I've seen that boat before. Looks to be a busy waterway.

Paper & Artificial - The pairing works well as a behind the scenes and completed craft shot.
You could see something like this gracing the pages of a craft 'zine.
Showcase - Excellent shot from earlier in the year :)

Back