weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Like it, definitely a juxtaposition and the scale is great for the theme. Nice job

Honey I shrunk the wife... good idea and great juxtaposition

Camouflage is superb, and tiny is a great fun shot :)

Week 35 : Snapper's Choice

Black 5 No45231 "Sherwood Forester" with The Lakelander just before Sunset at Arnside last night.

Sherwood Forester Arnside by Dave Green, on Flickr

Ta :) She wouldn’t buy the red coat :(
I don't blame her - I've got a coat that colour :ROFLMAO: My daughter hates me wearing it as it's so bright, but I love it!

Snapper's Choice - lovely shot. Really like the layers in this photo - horizontal areas of interest, and the colour of the carriages and smoke make it stand out against the trees.

Last edited:
Love the train shot and whilst my initial reaction was to wonder if a pano/wide screen type framing may be better. But your framing is perhaps less traditional and therefore to me it is more interesting with the added tones of the foreground, which is nicely muted and do not distract; yet still add enough interest to compliment the rest. Lovely.

Great shot Dave. I like the square crop and the waders in the foreground.

Thanks Pete :)

Love the train shot and whilst my initial reaction was to wonder if a pano/wide screen type framing may be better. But your framing is perhaps less traditional and therefore to me it is more interesting with the added tones of the foreground, which is nicely muted and do not distract; yet still add enough interest to compliment the rest. Lovely.

Cheers - I tried several crops but settled on square to show the light reflected in the water and the waders a bit more :)

That's a cracker of a shot, Dave. Nice exposure too with the train stands out amount the dark greenery. :clap:

Thanks Stan :)

Snappers choice
Lovely looking Choo Choo shot. Nicely timed with the sunset.

Snappers choice
Lovely looking Choo Choo shot. Nicely timed with the sunset.

Just spotted where you’re from! I’d never be off the railway

Nicely layered composition - the steam really makes the shot for me.

Yep there's plenty going on there Dave.
Well spotted and captured (y)

Here's a more isolated one and shot from the other side into the light.

Cubist by Dave Green, on Flickr

Your camouflaged shot is very clever - and made me chuckle - definitely a good thing at the moment. Very nice rest of the shots too - the train really stood out to me with absolutely lovely lighting.

Your camouflaged shot is very clever - and made me chuckle - definitely a good thing at the moment. Very nice rest of the shots too - the train really stood out to me with absolutely lovely lighting.

Two nice texture shots Dave, liking the #2 closer one.

Thanks Dave - I think as a photo I too prefer No2 - But No1 for the variation in textures.

Back