weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Texture
I think I prefer the second shot. The darker tone of the main subject, against the lighter paving, work better for me. Also it's a cleaner shot, simpler, with just two geometric shapes.

Both good but I prefer the second one, the subject's texture is more transfixing for me, almost like a static television screen you kind of lose yourself staring at it!

Agreed - both good shots. I prefer #2 but #1 has more textures.

Texture
I think I prefer the second shot. The darker tone of the main subject, against the lighter paving, work better for me. Also it's a cleaner shot, simpler, with just two geometric shapes.
Both good but I prefer the second one, the subject's texture is more transfixing for me, almost like a static television screen you kind of lose yourself staring at it!
Agreed - both good shots. I prefer #2 but #1 has more textures.

Thanks all :)

One of my fave diesel locos, 40145, did a day on the North Penine Staycation Express between Skipton and Appleby today.

Lots of ACTIVITY as it passes over the road at Ribblehead :)

Ribblehead%20Viaduct%20120920-5.jpg

There is certainly a lot of activity there Dave. (y)

There is certainly a lot of activity going on here. Lots to look at. Are all those cars stopped because of the train?

Just the parked ones - and maybe another hundred out of shot. A group of about 30 stood with cameras behind me and many mor around the place.

There is certainly a lot of activity there Dave. (y)

Yep - I have better shots of the train and viaduct but this one fits the theme better :)

This is my fave more conventional shot of the day.

Staycation Express by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks quite a chaotic scene with all those parked cars and moving traffic. Train spotting is quite a popular activity.

The viaduct is a lovely shot.

I'll have you know I'm not a train spotter!!! I'm a Railway Enthusiast! :bat:

:naughty: Who spots trains

Love the conventional shot but the theme shot is spot on. Can't believe that many toggers turn out... must be loco :D

Love the conventional shot but the theme shot is spot on. Can't believe that many toggers turn out... must be loco :D

You should see it when a Steam Train comes through!

1st for me, just shows the popularity of trains and works best for the theme.
No 2 is a great scene.

Thanks Clive :)

Wow! There's a lot going on there Dave. Bang on theme too.
Love the second pic - it's very nicely composed.

Both images are very nice indeed, but although the viaduct is more landscape-y (not sure if that 'word' works) the first is better for the theme, in my opinion. Nice job

Lovely Class 40.
As you say, the viaduct shot is better, but this one fits the theme (y)
Both images are very nice indeed, but although the viaduct is more landscape-y (not sure if that 'word' works) the first is better for the theme, in my opinion. Nice job

Cheers chaps :)

Week 38 : Artifical and real flower mix in our dining room under artificial light

Flowers by Dave Green, on Flickr

Great colours bought out by the lighting... I'm glad I saw your picture before I took one of our flowers, yours are significantly better than the ones our daughter bought us!

Hi Dave

The flowers are nice and bright, the lighting brings out the colours very well, like the tight crop.

Pete

Lovely combination of soft colour - the shadows make the composition interesting.

Week 39 : Autumn

An Autumn Sunset at Plover Scar, Lancashire.

Autumn is the start of Sunrise and Sunset season for me. No more wating til silly o'clock to get the shot. This was 7pm last night - and home for 8:10pm.

Plover Scar Lighthouse by Dave Green, on Flickr

That's a cracking sunset Dave (y)

That's lovely Dave. Really caught the autumnal warmth and the god rays are pretty cool.
I also really like that you've frozen the movement of the water whilst shooting at f/16 to keep everything in focus.
Top work and probably going to be the pick of the Autumn shots imo. :clap:

That's lovely Dave. Really caught the autumnal warmth and the god rays are pretty cool.
I also really like that you've frozen the movement of the water whilst shooting at f/16 to keep everything in focus.
Top work and probably going to be the pick of the Autumn shots imo. :clap:

Thanks Tim :)

Back