weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

A lovely array of colours and tones and the peeking sun adds to the atmosphere nicely. I usually find scenes where this is no overwhelming point of focus quite difficult to frame, but your chocie works really well, perhaps also thanks to the amount of detail in the scene (although not overbearing)?

Very Nice colours Dave, the sun adds sparkle.
I took a similar, but not quite as colourful photo on Sunday, but have decided not to use it.

Pete
Great colours on your snappers choice. I really like the starburst and the soft focus effect works perfectly.
A lovely array of colours and tones and the peeking sun adds to the atmosphere nicely. I usually find scenes where this is no overwhelming point of focus quite difficult to frame, but your chocie works really well, perhaps also thanks to the amount of detail in the scene (although not overbearing)?
Autumn colours, interesting light and soft focus - works well.
Love this one Dave. Beautiful colour and composition.

Many thanks for the comments folks :)

Week 47 : Narrow (and tech)

Narrow gauge railway - Haigh Woodland Park

50578962086_81ebf0f226_o.jpg

You're quick off the mark. It will be a long wait for next Thursday :LOL:

I really like this shot. Great leading lines to the two people, nice depth of field and good colours. I hope the leaves on the line won't cause any delays?

Damn it, I had the leaves on the line comment as well...

Great leading lines, and the DoF hits the technique nicely - but the figures make the photo. Nicely composed.

Quick off the mark! I knew someone wuld post narrow gauge railwaty tracks. Great DoF though so meets the tech. Nicely done.

Very nice Dave. I like the way the lines go soft focus and curve away in the background. The two people do add a lot to the shot too.

Nice picture, great leading lines with the people in the distance.

You're quick off the mark. It will be a long wait for next Thursday :LOL:

I really like this shot. Great leading lines to the two people, nice depth of field and good colours. I hope the leaves on the line won't cause any delays?

Thanks - no delays as the railway is shut for lockdown :(

Damn it, I had the leaves on the line comment as well...

Great leading lines, and the DoF hits the technique nicely - but the figures make the photo. Nicely composed.

Quick off the mark! I knew someone wuld post narrow gauge railwaty tracks. Great DoF though so meets the tech. Nicely done.

Cheers :)

Very nice Dave. I like the way the lines go soft focus and curve away in the background. The two people do add a lot to the shot too.

Ta muchly :)

Nice picture, great leading lines with the people in the distance.

Good take on the topic and agree that the people in the distance makes the shot work well.

Very nice use of DoF Dave Great detail in foreground

Narrow - Well I ought to tell you off for loitering in the 4 foot (okay 1 foot), but I guess I'll let you off!
Lovely use of hte leading lines to take you around to the couple further on.

Nice narrow track with dof providing the soft focus. Love the detail in the foreground.

Narrow - Well I ought to tell you off for loitering in the 4 foot (okay 1 foot), but I guess I'll let you off!
Lovely use of hte leading lines to take you around to the couple further on.
Nice narrow track with dof providing the soft focus. Love the detail in the foreground.

Thanks chaps :)

Such a well composed image - can't add to anything said already.

Week 47 : Paper

A set of Odhams Press Classics that my Great Uncle bought, we think, in the 1930s. Passed on to me in my teens. I read them all. Passed on to my eldest daughter who went on to get her PHD in English at Oxford.

Classics by Dave Green, on Flickr

That's a lovely set of books Dave (y)
Great back story too.

Nice set of Books Dave, Plenty of detail in the shot, fits the theme, good story to it as well.

Pete

I don't think I've read any of them (uncultured youf that I am). Quite enjoyed Lorna Doone on telly many years ago (the black & white film from who knows how long ago - I didn't realise there had been a bbc series).
Nicely shot.

A nice set of classics there Dave. Nicely photographed and alongside a lovely story.

Lovely set of books and that's a fantastic tale to go with them, congratulations to your daughter.

How pleasing to see such a uniform shelf full of books and a lovely back story. Nicely captured.

I don't think I've read any of them (uncultured youf that I am). Quite enjoyed Lorna Doone on telly many years ago (the black & white film from who knows how long ago - I didn't realise there had been a bbc series).
Nicely shot.

Cheers Tim :)

A nice set of classics there Dave. Nicely photographed and alongside a lovely story.

Ta Pete :)

Lovely set of books and that's a fantastic tale to go with them, congratulations to your daughter.

Thanks Jim :)

They look like they've been well used. Read them all apart from most Shakespeare (philistine that I am, I have never being enthused by his work)..
Nice story and shot.

Week 48 : Camera(s)

Two of my favourites from my film camera collection. The little Olympus 35RC and the mighty Fuji GW690. Both superb cameras in their own ways and both still in use.

Little and Large by Dave Green, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back