weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

Nice photoshop, Dave. Is that the Planet Panorama technique?
Ta :)

No - it's just a rectangular to polar co-ordinate conversion. Similar though.

Reactions: rpn
Week 51 : Showcase

40145 / D345 Crosses Ribblehead Viaduct with the Staycation Express back in September.

I posted this as a secondary shot to another pic back in September. I've re-edited it with a bit more OOOMPH! :)

i-2zdjpgf.jpg

What a cracking image, can see why it's a favourite.

Ta :) The best bit is that Mrs Oy was with me and asked if that was the new tourist train I'd mentioned. It was - and she asked if we coudkl go on it the week after - which we did :)

Great shot. The yellow on the train really pops. You’ve got lovely light too.

Thanks - the light was moving off the bridge as the train approached. Just got it befiore the train went into shadow :)

Stunning view , well taken, you live in a nice part of the country.

Ta - it's a 90min drive but yeah - lovely place!

Last edited:
A great image, wouldn't look out of place on a rail focused calendar. Plenty of interesting other elements in the image too, with the sheep and the people

A great image, wouldn't look out of place on a rail focused calendar. Plenty of interesting other elements in the image too, with the sheep and the people

Thanks Stuart :)

Showcase - Gotta love a 40 and the Ribblehead is always a good shot. I must get there some day.
Abstract - A nice ibt of photoshop. I seem to have recalled doing something similar in an earlier 52. I think you've pulled it off better than I did though.
Leaves - Nice. not overly done with the leaves and plenty to look at in the background.

Showcase - Gotta love a 40 and the Ribblehead is always a good shot. I must get there some day.
Abstract - A nice ibt of photoshop. I seem to have recalled doing something similar in an earlier 52. I think you've pulled it off better than I did though.
Leaves - Nice. not overly done with the leaves and plenty to look at in the background.

Thanks Tim - I love 40s - the sound of my childhood as they whistled across the back of Haydock Park Racecouse to the Shell Oil depot :)

Great viaduct in a lovely setting

Cheers Allan :)

Abstract
I'm glad you put the original up as well. It makes the abstract version look even more impressive.

Showcase
Nice light and the yellow train front show's the train off nicely. It works well as a landscape shot too.

Abstract
I'm glad you put the original up as well. It makes the abstract version look even more impressive.

Showcase
Nice light and the yellow train front show's the train off nicely. It works well as a landscape shot too.

Very nice Dave, it certainly "pops" (y)

Week 52 : Decorated

Oy Towers Chrimbo Tree 2020

i-b6QQ92s.jpg

Lovely image and really well PP'd. You've put up some cracking images this year, well done for sticing it out. Merry Christmas

Lovely image and really well PP'd. You've put up some cracking images this year, well done for sticing it out. Merry Christmas

Thanks Jim - I've enjoyed your pix too. All the best! :)

Love the picture of 40145 Dave, nicely processed. Not photographed a train for months!
Lovely tree shot too.

Well done on finishing!

Thanks Michael :)

A lovely tree shot to end the year with Dave. Well done for finishing the 52. You've put up many terrific pics this year and I've enjoyed looking at 'em.

That's rather a splendid looking tree Dave (y)

What a fabulous Christmas tree. Mine looks like it's been decorated by 2 year olds in comparison :ROFLMAO:

There's a lovely warm feeling to this image and as others have said, it will make a nice card next year.

Well done on crossing the finish line.

What a fabulous Christmas tree. Mine looks like it's been decorated by 2 year olds in comparison :ROFLMAO:

There's a lovely warm feeling to this image and as others have said, it will make a nice card next year.

Well done on crossing the finish line.

Back