weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2021: Week 52 : Showcase and dunnit!

Didn’t get it at all I’m not into trains so not surprising

I did think to myself where the numbers and then I saw the magazine title, no numbers needed! Nicely done. (y)

Hi Dave

Interesting thought process there, very similar to my Image, but I found the numbers.

Pete

Hi Dave

Interesting thought process there, very similar to my Image, but I found the numbers.

Pete

Thanks Pete - my numbers went into train logging app on the phone :)

Numbers
Ok, so I had to get my thinking cap on before I got where you're coming from.

That made me smile and think of all those I used to see hanging around the platforms at KX back in my commuting days. Hope it was a good strong coffee in there...

That made me smile and think of all those I used to see hanging around the platforms at KX back in my commuting days. Hope it was a good strong coffee in there...
Thanks - it was :)

Week 19 : Toys

My Grandson Oliver is 7 weeks old today :)

i-SWGC34B.jpg

Ahhh! Lovely photo and he looks very happy there amongst his toys. The depth of field works really well.

Thanks - F/1.8 with the Nikon 50mm F/1.4 :)

What a lovely image, the DoF is great and the vignette is just right. Wonderful expression on his face.

Lovely image. Focus right where it needs to be and a tidy composition. Brill.

I love how the toys frame him.... It's a really lifting image to look at too.

Very nice and perfect for the theme, who can appreciate toys more than a littley:)

A priceless image, although at that age especially with our first daughter every small move required a photographic memory on my Minolta zoom film camera, we have at least 20 volumes of their younger years!!

A priceless image, although at that age especially with our first daughter every small move required a photographic memory on my Minolta zoom film camera, we have at least 20 volumes of their younger years!!

Thanks - and good for you :)

I had the Minolta 7000 in those days ;)

Week 20 : Artificial

Missy - from a friend of mine's Dr Who themed puppet show called "Avenue Who"

Playing with new remote speedlight triggers by Godox for the D850. One with a small softbox for the background and one snooted for the evil eyes and big hair!

Missy-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Toys
Nice that you've focused on one toy and your grandson. I like how the toys act as a frame.

Artificial
I don't know which missy scarier, the really one or yours.
The lighting really works well, especially the snoot.

Artificial
I don't know which missy scarier, the really one or yours.
The lighting really works well, especially the snoot.

Thanks Dominic :)

Think I scared the commenters off with this one haha! :tumbleweed:

I think this works really well and proves that portrait photography doesn't have to be humans! For me, the power could go down a bit on the snoot as it looks a bit too "flashy" for my liking. Also the circles in the background would work better if they were all blank, or all coloured. I think they work well, it's just the mixed setup that is a (very tiny IMO) issue.

Great subject, excellent inventiveness, and another square shot. The central subject works really well to strengthen the image too IMO.

Really well lit with the focus on the eyes. Makes for a very scary image.

I think this works really well and proves that portrait photography doesn't have to be humans! For me, the power could go down a bit on the snoot as it looks a bit too "flashy" for my liking. Also the circles in the background would work better if they were all blank, or all coloured. I think they work well, it's just the mixed setup that is a (very tiny IMO) issue.

Great subject, excellent inventiveness, and another square shot. The central subject works really well to strengthen the image too IMO.

Thanks Ian. I had no control over the backdrop - and the lighting was what he was happy with. I agree -0 a bit less on the eyes would have been good.

That is a bit spooky - very well captured. I can't say I like it because it is far too scary :LOL: Thank goodness it is artificial!

Really well lit with the focus on the eyes. Makes for a very scary image.

Cheers Helen ;)

Back