weekly -OY-'s Weekly 52 thingie for 2019 - Week 52 : Out-takes and Year 2 Complete

Waiting works well the yawn really emphasises the fact and gives it some feeling.

Rough I really like the long exposure it’s silky but in the spirit of rough no1 is the one for the theme :(

Nice shot Dave, love the caption too!

Nicely done Dave - great side by side image and works perfectly for the theme

Hi Dave

Open, Looks like they are in a rush, nice and sharp considering the available light. Colours caught well. It tells a story. Steam Image is very good, B&W suits the era, up to your usual standards.

Distant, great image Dave, love the steam under the overcast sky. maybe a bit too much foreground, but I'm a sucker for letterbox images.

Cold, I hope it is cold as it does not look it, but the lager pumps where you get the condensation on the body are probably faked anyway.

Waiting, bored as well, nice details in the building and good tones. Column in the centre should be vertical.

Rough, I much prefer the rough shot, just enough movement in the water and spray. Love the contrast on both Images.

Pete

Been away in That London all week so here goes... *Cracks Knuckles...*

Like your idea of taking two shots for comparison. The 'normal' water is pretty Rough.

Ta - the trip was already arranged so an erasy fit :)

Smashing images Dave. Both are well taken on their own, but they work even better together. I love the detail in the left one

Cheers Carl - I really should do a Triptych with about 1/10" in the middle.

Hi Dave good to see you back.

New - Great take for the theme nicely composed (although I'd have been tempted to try and cover the whole of the table with prints) nice and colorful great catch light in the lens and view finder too.

Clean - Very clever take on the theme, nicely composed the Mono conversion work very well

Open - Great spot for the theme nicely caught I like the fact you can not really see any of the passengers faces properly. I love the second image for Open too great atmosphere love the B&W conversion.

Distant - What a cracking image not a lot else I can add apart form I could see that hanging on a wall.

Cold - Great idea for theme I like the DoF you've used just enough detail in the background without it being to obtrusive

Waiting - Prefect timing there works very well for the theme, love the B&W conversion.

Rough - One of my ideas for the theme (is I had anywhere I could have gone locally to achieve it!) both work really well and the B&W really brings out the detail. I think the shorter exposure just edges it for me.

Thanks for all those. Not that local for me either for Rough - about a 4hr round trip.

Both are great images Dave. Rough is bang on for the theme with the water splashing everywhere. I think I prefer the smooth but I am a fan of long exposures and sea/waterscapes. Both look great in mono.

Cheers - good to shoot a variety at waterfalls for me.

Rough
I'm liking both, but would like to see a colour version.

Ta - there really wasn't much colour to be had!

Waiting works well the yawn really emphasises the fact and gives it some feeling.

Rough I really like the long exposure it’s silky but in the spirit of rough no1 is the one for the theme :(

Thank you :)

Nice shot Dave, love the caption too!

Ta muchly

At first I thought two images ? But reading the description I think it’s a really clever idea. Well taken as well

Thank you

Nicely done Dave - great side by side image and works perfectly for the theme

And another thank you :)

Hi Dave

Open, Looks like they are in a rush, nice and sharp considering the available light. Colours caught well. It tells a story. Steam Image is very good, B&W suits the era, up to your usual standards.

Distant, great image Dave, love the steam under the overcast sky. maybe a bit too much foreground, but I'm a sucker for letterbox images.

Cold, I hope it is cold as it does not look it, but the lager pumps where you get the condensation on the body are probably faked anyway.

Waiting, bored as well, nice details in the building and good tones. Column in the centre should be vertical.

Rough, I much prefer the rough shot, just enough movement in the water and spray. Love the contrast on both Images.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Normally I wouldn't include as much foreground for the viaduct - but it helped the theme I think.

waiting is a great capture, especially with the station in the background. it portrays the theme brilliantly.

rough - i like the use of 2 images, great comparison as to how the LE effect can transform an image.

Nicely done Dave. What really interests me in this shot is you can pick out areas where the flow of the water is pretty much exactly the same regardless of whether it's the long or short exposure. It must mean that the eddys are scouring out the bed pretty consistently.

waiting is a great capture, especially with the station in the background. it portrays the theme brilliantly.

rough - i like the use of 2 images, great comparison as to how the LE effect can transform an image.

Thanks - thought I'd try a different approacj and it seems to have worked :)

Nicely done Dave. What really interests me in this shot is you can pick out areas where the flow of the water is pretty much exactly the same regardless of whether it's the long or short exposure. It must mean that the eddys are scouring out the bed pretty consistently.

Cheers - lots of circular holes around the edges along the river!

Week 8 : Object - Focused on the wrong object!

i-FF6jCXt.jpg

Very good DoF in that one, but with good background. I like the humour too.

Perfect gull image....you had some really nice light there!
I also like the composition, just the right OOF areas for context, and really smooth too.
Super detail in the bird also, what a good sport....gave you a nice head angle too!
Great work Dave!(y)

Very good DoF in that one, but with good background. I like the humour too.

Ta muchly :D

Nice one Dave, totally the opposite to the type of tourist shot you would get there, and so much the better for it.
Liking the oof inclusion of the waste barge too.

Thanks - the opportunity only lasted a few seconds!

Perfect gull image....you had some really nice light there!
I also like the composition, just the right OOF areas for context, and really smooth too.
Super detail in the bird also, what a good sport....gave you a nice head angle too!
Great work Dave!(y)

Cheers Gareth :)

Nice Image! Tower bridge makes a nice backdrop for the gull, like the DOF.

A nice image - I needed your caption to understand though!

Beautiful light, and an appropriate use of DoF. Well done!

Object
Good dof and bird photo. I'm going to get really picky now, I'm not really liking the bit of blue boat on the left.

Different and not what I would expect for the theme.

Ta - I like different :)

I like it too, dof works very well here and and the bridge works as a great back drop.

Haha, works well for the theme. Superb background!

Cheers - right place right budgie :D

I agree with other people's comments. Superb image!!

Ta :)

Nice Image! Tower bridge makes a nice backdrop for the gull, like the DOF.

Thank you.

A nice image - I needed your caption to understand though!

Beautiful light, and an appropriate use of DoF. Well done!

Thanks a lot

Object
Good dof and bird photo. I'm going to get really picky now, I'm not really liking the bit of blue boat on the left.

Thanks - I agree - but it was there - and was moored.

Nope, you didn't focus on the wrong subject. I love this with the bridge out of focus. Almost like the pigeon is on a day out sight seeing

Great choice of focus point for Object for me Dave :) Not the wrong object at all! Very clever take on the theme with the description / title.

:LOL::LOL: love it Dave great take on the theme and good use of DoF.

Nope, you didn't focus on the wrong subject. I love this with the bridge out of focus. Almost like the pigeon is on a day out sight seeing

Cheers - Budgies need holidays too :)

Great choice of focus point for Object for me Dave :) Not the wrong object at all! Very clever take on the theme with the description / title.

Very wet, does have good colours and plenty to look at. Looks like it's got some weathering to it buts it's not too far gone to still be interesting.

Hi Dave, I agree with all the others on your seagull shot, it really does work well with the oof bridge.
There’s something eye catching about your choice for wet, lots of interesting bits to look at, I like the fact that the ships wheel is managing to survive above the water level as if it’s still hoping to go somewhere.

What a great find for wet, think it`s well past fixing up. Great colours and lighting Dave, a great shot.

Thanks Dave :)

Very wet, does have good colours and plenty to look at. Looks like it's got some weathering to it buts it's not too far gone to still be interesting.

Cheers :)

Hi Dave, I agree with all the others on your seagull shot, it really does work well with the oof bridge.
There’s something eye catching about your choice for wet, lots of interesting bits to look at, I like the fact that the ships wheel is managing to survive above the water level as if it’s still hoping to go somewhere.

Ta - I may post a shot of the whole thing for context.

I like the boat shot, it looks a bit wet inside doesn't it!

Aye - a bit damp :)

Cracking image for the wet theme Dave!
Creative, detailed and nicely composed....excellent.
Looks like there was once some state of the art kit in there once upon a time.
(y)

I have shot of it moored up afloat in 2010. I think it sunk just a few years later!

Nothing a few nails and a tin of paint won’t fix, a bit moist indeed

Back