weekly -OY-'s Weekly challenge thingamibob for 2022. Week 52 : Showcase (52 2022 Complete)

-Oy-

Worzel Gummidge
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Is it Thursday yet? :thinking::runaway::exit:

Ok here we go :)

Week 1 : New and Tech

Class 88 No88003 'GENESIS' - the newest class of freight locomotive in the uk. Panned for the tech.

i-m7CRp5k-X2.jpg

Lovely use of ICM and worked a treat. Bang on!

Thanks for reminding me that panning is ICM! Just gotta hope that one of the themes over the next few weeks can incorporate it!!!

Interesting looking loco.

That's a great shot and fits both the theme and tech. Exposure time is spot on – long enough to blur the fore and background whilst the main subject is sharp. :clap:

Cheers Stan. I;d have liked more blur but only had one go at it!

Thanks for reminding me that panning is ICM! Just gotta hope that one of the themes over the next few weeks can incorporate it!!!

Interesting looking loco.

Ta - My pleasure :)

Reactions: Nod
I would have said the Class 70 was newer, but seems that was 2008-2017, whereas the 88 is 2015-2016.
It's strange to think that the oldest class 70s are now older than the oldest 9F was when it was scrapped.

I'd not thought of panning as being ICM, but I suppose it is. You've certainly got the panning spot on right there.

I would have said the Class 70 was newer, but seems that was 2008-2017, whereas the 88 is 2015-2016.
It's strange to think that the oldest class 70s are now older than the oldest 9F was when it was scrapped.

I'd not thought of panning as being ICM, but I suppose it is. You've certainly got the panning spot on right there.

Ta - I wish it was the 70 as I like them a lot more. Fab locos :)

Ok here we go :)

Week 1 : New and Tech

Class 88 No88003 'GENESIS' - the newest class of freight locomotive in the uk. Panned for the tech.

On first read, I thought the train had been panned for its tech. ;)

Nice image and a good use of panning to keep the train sharp. My attempts at panning in the past have been mixed at best.

Super bit of panning and I really like how the vivid colours of the loco make it jump out from the drab background.

Great shot Dave, panning isn't something that I've done a lot of but when it's done well (like here) it looks great.

I'll take your word on the "new" :) . Nice start to the 52.

Ta :)

New loco
New tech for me (panning trains)
"Genesis"

Gedddit?

Week 2 : OLD

It's another train! #notsorry

47593 "Galoway Princess" and 47810/D1924 "Crewe Diesel Depot" with the "Settle & Carlisle Circular" from Worcester - with a nice rake of Pulman carriages. Taken at lunchtime today passing Winwick. Both locos date from the 1960s.

i-JXFJcRx-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Based on your previous submission Dave, I think that I'm beginning to see a large theme taking place.

At first I thought that you had some loco motive behind the submissions, now I just see that your trying to train us in what to expect this year. I'd keep going but I've run out of steam...

(good image!)

Based on your previous submission Dave, I think that I'm beginning to see a large theme taking place.

At first I thought that you had some loco motive behind the submissions, now I just see that your trying to train us in what to expect this year. I'd keep going but I've run out of steam...

(good image!)

A theme - well - you never know :)

Diesel do for now :D

Nice shot - fits the theme nicely, and greta lines ( :LOL: ) in the shot

Nice shot - fits the theme nicely, and greta lines ( :LOL: ) in the shot

Thanks - I don't think Greta would approve off these big old diesels :naughty:

Back