weekly Phil Bennett's 52 for 2015 - Week 24 Spiral added

Very clever shot, interesting too ... but such a shallow DoF, would like to see a little more in focus.

I'm not convinced about the very shallow DoF,
but lovely detail that's for sure (y)

Mouth - well lit and well prepared and your finished shot was well worth the effort :clap::clap:

Crowd is a very funny interpretation and the DOF is spot on for me (y)

Close Up is a spectacular image, I love it (y)(y)(y)

Hi, would perhaps crop it a little tighter, two machines for the price of one, well done for getting them in

Close Up - Oh wow! What a stunner. Loving the colours, the composition and the really shallow DoF approach you’ve taken for this. This could easily be an arty print on someone’s wall.

Machine - Difficult to beat the last one so I’m afraid that I’m finding the wheels getting a little lost against the background. The wheelbarrow is a nice touch though

Sound...I like it, but agree about the left hand side shadow.

Alphabet. What a simple but brilliant idea.
I'd like to see the hands a little larger, a little less dead space, and a little less heavy PP.

On the old catch train here....

Mouth ... Wow banging shot! well set up, really love the lighting here, nice backdrop adds to the impact of the shot very well, I think the time you took to set it up was well spent and it shows through in the picture!

Crowd ... Nice symmetrical shot there Phil. Mr Gnome looks a little peeved (Looks like my neighbour:)) to my reckoning he's carrying an axe and he's just about to spoil there day! Fits the theme well, nice use of DOF, works for me, although I feel an underlying theme of blood lust in your posts:eek:.

Close Up ... that's a serious tight DOF there Phil! Square crop works fine, if I were to offer any crit would be that I would like to have seen the whole of the lower stamen in focus but TBH that's only nit-picking:rolleyes:
Nice work!

Machine ... Looks like the engine has fallen out? Nice crisp shot, just echo the "Busy" backdrop. Well exposed and nice composition but needs a nice backdrop to do it justice. (I still never understood how people rest there precious bits on those saddles):D.

Sound ... Nice Audio Technica's fits the theme well, only crit would be to clone out the flare at the top LH corner of the media player on the wall, and the top of the chair on the Left too. Just my humble opinion;).

Alphabet ... Great take! leaves me wondering if this was your hand and very cleverly shot! either way really like it! Well Shot(y)

Cheers

Steve

Hi Phil

Machine ... that's a beautiful photograph, nice angle on the machine, nicely focused but I hear grumbling about the BG ... the BG is perfect House&Garden twee. (y)

Sound ... yep crop the left ... but also the machine looks a bit dusty as they always do but I don't suppose that can be tweaked in PP ... the headphones are beautiful.

Alphabet ... what a perfectly controlled and coordinated sequence ... and I love the harsh light emphasising the wrinkles:clap:

Hi Phil,

sound - good shot, I agree about cloning ut the chair though.
alphabet - David has summed it up nicely - fantastic idea, perfectly shot :clap:

Hi Phil

Close up....LOVE it....no crit just love it, perfect focus, love the DOF & lovely soft colors :clap:

Alphabet.....not easy to do but you've done a cracking job ( way better than I managed a while back !) n cracking lighting, the whole sequence works.. :clap:

Sound...This is , for me at least , 3steps away form being a belting product shot given the good lighting & focus (y).....clone out whatever it is on the lhs, come up level with the table edge & use a duster ;)

Almost forgot Machine.....I have no idea why I like this shot but I do, can't even say which bit I particularly like a I like all of it (y) Must confess though...I really wish the bike was more olde worlde...would make a cracking mono/sepia image......don't ask for much do I :naughty:

Last edited:
Phil bit of a catch up but nothing really to offer crit wise from whats already said

I like Lynne am not sure why but i too really like somthing about your machine shot but cant quite put my finger specifically why :thinking:
Alphabet super idea and really well shot and put together.
Sound i like that one too nice set up but has anyone mentioned it needs a slight crop :exit:

I'm guessing this is from the "Mouth" shoot? If not - you lead a very exciting life!

The PP adds to the image, but it's a little overdone for my tastes. If it was in a layer, I'd mask out or reduce the opacity on the skin - especially in your male subject and try and relieve some of that fringing around the medicine bag(?). It's a really niggly point though. You've got a good imagination and this would make a cool project. Very well lit too.

You really need to put more effort into it ;)

Yeah, it's over the top, but I don't mind.

Only really crit is the translucent bag on the LHS.

Cheers.

You really need to put more effort into it ;)

Yeah, it's over the top, but I don't mind.

Only really crit is the translucent bag on the LHS.

Cheers.

Andy, I thought the same when I looked at it, it didn't look real, but it was a real bag, just the smoke did some funny stuff to the look of it. Many thanks for taking the time to have a look and comment.

Phil

I'm guessing this is from the "Mouth" shoot? If not - you lead a very exciting life!

The PP adds to the image, but it's a little overdone for my tastes. If it was in a layer, I'd mask out or reduce the opacity on the skin - especially in your male subject and try and relieve some of that fringing around the medicine bag(?). It's a really niggly point though. You've got a good imagination and this would make a cool project. Very well lit too.

Yes Ian, it was from the mouth shoot, cheers for the comments.

Phil

oooh this is good. There's so much going on there, it must have taken you ages to set up. As Andy has said, the bag on the lh looks a bit weird - but hey, that means I'm saying the rest of the picture is normal :wacky:

The work you put into your shots blows me away sometimes.
Experiment is no exception.
Absolutely love it :LOL:

Hi, thought I had commented on this last week, anyway It is OTT but a great piece of theatre, very very good :clap:

Back