weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

Ha ha! I'd had the same thought about topical cream and had had a root around the bathroom, but I wasn't sure if anyone would get it :)

That must have been so tricky to execute - did it end up messy? Nicely lit.
Edit: I've just realised I've said exactly the same as Helen :ROFLMAO: I promise I didn't read it first!

Last edited:
a good take on the theme, I must admit I didn't immediately get it but followed the link and there's the answer. Nice lighting and better with the other finger removed.

Ha ha! I'd had the same thought about topical cream and had had a root around the bathroom, but I wasn't sure if anyone would get it :)

That must have been so tricky to execute - did it end up messy? Nicely lit.
Edit: I've just realised I've said exactly the same as Helen :ROFLMAO: I promise I didn't read it first!

Not too tricky to set up - 2 off-camera flashguns remotely triggered, self timer, paper towel at hand and a few trial and errors - but did end up with a few splatters on table and floor!

I like your very active activity - is that a squirrel proof feeder (and is it actually squirrel proof?!)

Artificial is nice as well - that's a good collection of bright colours there!

Both autumn and wet are lovely - particularly autumn with the sweet chestnut showing great colours and textures.

And another vote for your cropped topical. Very apt for the theme, and an idea I'd had - it works well with nice lighting.

Topical
Well you've beaten me to it (I'll just have to think of something else).

A good close up shot. Great focus on the Topical cream.
Very clever interptetation
I like that. Didn't get it at first, but then that's the point - took a bit of work.
Nicely thought out and executed Phil. I prefer the second shot.
Funnily enough @minx was talking about cream as a subject for topical over the weekend, so I knew where you were coming from on this shot.
I prefer the second version, I think the crop makes it stronger.
a good take on the theme, I must admit I didn't immediately get it but followed the link and there's the answer. Nice lighting and better with the other finger removed.
I was going to comment about the finger but someone beat me to it. A much stronger image without it.
I like your very active activity - is that a squirrel proof feeder (and is it actually squirrel proof?!)

Artificial is nice as well - that's a good collection of bright colours there!

Both autumn and wet are lovely - particularly autumn with the sweet chestnut showing great colours and textures.

And another vote for your cropped topical. Very apt for the theme, and an idea I'd had - it works well with nice lighting.

Thanks for the comments.

Food - might give the squid and prawns a miss, their description doesn't say 'fresh' . Tins image, did you wait until somewhere was in the aisle in the distance? Pork ( | ) holes :puke:

Last edited:
Mmmm juicy pork ars* holes, I think the first one for me though they all work a good collection of food pics

A good series Phil. I think I prefer the first although the pic of the tins is nicely done.

Nice food pix and the last gave me a chuckle. I know a few of those :D

Hi Phil

The first is the best the last the worst, would rather go to lidl's than buy whats on offer in that last one. Nice light and could be technique as well.

Pete

lovely food images, the one you've chosen is an absolute cracker, full of fantastic colour and interest.

First one for me - that's a lovely picture with the dark foreground / bright subject. Really nice, and really like the colours and brightness in the picture.

That last one made me laugh. Great collection of images... hard to choose which I would have for the theme tbh.

Food - might give the squid and prawns a miss, their description doesn't say 'fresh' . Tins image, did you wait until somewhere was in the aisle in the distance? Pork ( | ) holes :puke:
Just raised the camera and there she was - not sure why no mask though!

Mmmm juicy pork ars* holes, I think the first one for me though they all work a good collection of food pics
A good series Phil. I think I prefer the first although the pic of the tins is nicely done.
Nice food pix and the last gave me a chuckle. I know a few of those :D
Hi Phil

The first is the best the last the worst, would rather go to lidl's than buy whats on offer in that last one. Nice light and could be technique as well.

Pete
lovely food images, the one you've chosen is an absolute cracker, full of fantastic colour and interest.
First one for me - that's a lovely picture with the dark foreground / bright subject. Really nice, and really like the colours and brightness in the picture.
That last one made me laugh. Great collection of images... hard to choose which I would have for the theme tbh.

Thanks for the comments.

Good choice of subject and fits the theme well. Nicely lit and the composition is great, especially using the shavings in there too.

Nice close up and a nice subtle reflection, I would have been tempted to clean up some of the bits but that’s probably just me.

Nice sharp pic - I'd tidy it up a bit too :)

Nice take on Sharp.

I'd be tempted to straighten it up though so the reflection of the sharpener works.
Nice close up and a nice subtle reflection, I would have been tempted to clean up some of the bits but that’s probably just me.
Nice sharp pic - I'd tidy it up a bit too :)
Lovely lighting there - the graphite dust is authentic, but again I might have tidied it up a little for the composition.

Thanks - you all have a point ;) - here a cleaner and straighter version.

20201024-IMG09127.jpg

Im with the messy version, great lighting and good choice for the theme.

Food
I'm a bit undecided between the two of the fish stall. I'm leaning more towards the second.

Sharp
Nice light and reflection.

I love this composition, excellent take on sharp. What surface have you used is it Acrylic or have you got a black granite surface?

Yep - that works for me!
Im with the messy version, great lighting and good choice for the theme.
Great POV and lighting. I do prefer version 2.
Nicely lit and great reflections. To the point :LOL:
Food
I'm a bit undecided between the two of the fish stall. I'm leaning more towards the second.

Sharp
Nice light and reflection.
I love this composition, excellent take on sharp. What surface have you used is it Acrylic or have you got a black granite surface?
Thanks - glass on top of black vinyl.

Very grateful for the comments folks.

really well thought out idea and perfect for the theme! Nicely lit, nice DoF and nicely composed, nothing to dislike in this one.

Oooh that's a belter. Well thought out and shot!

Great idea and well executed. Like the photograph and scanner, it draws excellent parallels to how the old has developed in the new.

Very Clever Idea, Looks nice and sharp. I hope ipads do not replace books, but they are handy to take on holiday, I do prefer books most of the time and I hope I have enough from the library to last the latest lockdown.

Pete

Back