weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Hi Andy...
Limit... Think Woody has been done to death now and agree with the minor crit, great Idea though, its becoming harder to come up with unique ideas for these themes isn't it! On theme Works well!

Bizarre ... I noticed the slip with the scalpel across the "R" on the right, for me that would have been yet another A&E visit:rolleyes: Only crit from me would be that I would have run round the outside of that same "R" with a brush in PP to take off that jagged edge and generally tidied it up.;)

Yeah, Woody is past his best...but looking at this week's theme :)

Bizarre, all taken in and around Leeds. Never thought of tiding up the R.

Cheers.

It was a good idea.... Only my OCD matethat would make me shop it all out:rolleyes:
Pain in the backside I am with PP.... if I learnt to keep my mits out of PS then I'd get a bloody site more Photos out!
Woody's seen some action! good mad that he is;)

Hi Andy,

you're right - it isn't an obvious shot until you read the story - poor little thing! It could have fitted bizarre as well :)

Hi Andy,

you're right - it isn't an obvious shot until you read the story - poor little thing! It could have fitted bizarre as well :)

shame :( Def broken.

Blimey mate, he wasn't far gone at all was he, a bit creepy for sure, lovely narrow DoF (y)

Poor broken frog :agree: lovely narrow DoF.

Took me a while to link the shot to the theme. Good use of DoF here.

Cheers, all, certainly not my best and I have Friday afternoon off :p @Dark Knight so I might see if I can get owt else (y)

Andy,
Limit - you made me chuckle with that shot. Once again a nicely composed shot with rich blacks
Bizarre - Another good take on the subject.
Broken - You're right, it's not obvious how this fits until you read the commentary. Well taken shot, you wouldn't know it was an ex-frog without being told. I guess it made for easier posing though :)

Spooky! Didn't realised it had "ceased to be, and shuffled of his mortal coil" until you said. I think its those piercing blue eyes that make it all the more spooky. Razor sharp DOF.
Probably where the phrase "Croaked it" comes from:rolleyes:
Well spotted nice shot .... truly Broke!

Hi Andy, Listening to the radio the yesterday on the way home from work and apparently there is a disease that is wiping out frogs at a visions rate this year, not a good sign for them!

Limit - that really made me laugh and a great shot - prefer the slightly warmer tones of the edit.
Bizarre - very clever.
Broken - there was me, thinking what a fantastic shot, great expression on his face and loving the Dof..... then I read your explanation - Eeeew :jawdrop:

Are you sure he was dead? - they do that (pretend to be dead) as a form of defence. Nicely shot though!

Limit - that really made me laugh and a great shot - prefer the slightly warmer tones of the edit.
Bizarre - very clever.
Broken - there was me, thinking what a fantastic shot, great expression on his face and loving the Dof..... then I read your explanation - Eeeew :jawdrop:

Cheers @XenosElaine ewww indeed :)

Are you sure he was dead? - they do that (pretend to be dead) as a form of defence. Nicely shot though!

@Brian_of_Bozeat well the frog was under water, on it's back so I assumed it was dead....or it's a very clever frog :)

Hi Andy, could have sworn I had commented on the frog pic :thinking: anyway, can't fault it, it looks in a way so alive but the glazed eyes give it away. the DoF is perfect, square crop works too.
I am interested to know what you where thinking did you find it and think it would make an interesting pic or was it just the broken theme that went through your mind?

"Entertainment" is just you, these slightly scary selfies have become an event you know is going to happen, but its non the less still disturbing when they arrive :LOL:
I think you have done well with the lighting well concentrated on your face and a great expression the blackness around you gives the impression that you are up to something a little furtive
not sure what faults you are seeing, it interprets the theme so well and its a difficult theme :clap:

Hi Andy, could have sworn I had commented on the frog pic :thinking: anyway, can't fault it, it looks in a way so alive but the glazed eyes give it away. the DoF is perfect, square crop works too.
I am interested to know what you where thinking did you find it and think it would make an interesting pic or was it just the broken theme that went through your mind?

"Entertainment" is just you, these slightly scary selfies have become an event you know is going to happen, but its non the less still disturbing when they arrive :LOL:
I think you have done well with the lighting well concentrated on your face and a great expression the blackness around you gives the impression that you are up to something a little furtive
not sure what faults you are seeing, it interprets the theme so well and its a difficult theme :clap:

Cherrs Allan @alsjazzera the theme was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the frog :)

Entertain, my main issue is with the shadows to the lower right if the Mac and in my arms.

Cheers.

Hi Andy. I was scratching my head a bit with this one - never even thought about screw threads. Both great ideas but like the spring best for lighting and interest.

Just noticed Entertain (Naughty) - very creative and nicely taken too. Like.

Hi Andy, spring for me nicely placed in the frame and a good reflection, just works that little bit better than the screw

Hi Andy. I was scratching my head a bit with this one - never even thought about screw threads. Both great ideas but like the spring best for lighting and interest.

Just noticed Entertain (Naughty) - very creative and nicely taken too. Like.

Nice one Andy, "Spirals"

Phil

Hi Andy, spring for me nicely placed in the frame and a good reflection, just works that little bit better than the screw

Cheers all, getting itchy shutter finger :)

I'm off to Whitley Bay over the weekend and I believe there is a nice lighthouse there :naughty: so I'll be after a decent theme :bat:

:p

Hi Andy

Entertain - works really well, and as Allan says, the darkness gives the impression you're looking at something a bit, well, dodgy....

Spiral - I prefer the spring of the two, it looks to be a cleaner shot. The close up has shown all of the imperfections in the screw (but you might have been aiming for that) (y)

and if you're heading to Whitley Bay please bring some decent weather with you! ;)

Hi Andy

Entertain - works really well, and as Allan says, the darkness gives the impression you're looking at something a bit, well, dodgy....

Spiral - I prefer the spring of the two, it looks to be a cleaner shot. The close up has shown all of the imperfections in the screw (but you might have been aiming for that) (y)

and if you're heading to Whitley Bay please bring some decent weather with you! ;)

Cheers, I have Friday afternoon off (don't tell @Dark Knight :)) and hope to brung some nice weather from Yorkshire :)

Entertain; nice idea but not sure about yet another selfie! :eek: :)

Spiral; on theme prefer the spring shot with nice reflection and dof.

Oi, I've only done 6 selfies this year :naughty:

Cheers.

Spirals - Definitely the spring for me, I think its the reflection that makes the shot, nicely detailed without taking too much away from the main subject. I'm not sure what it is about the screw, but it just doesn't quite work for me, possibly the poor finish of the metal (I blame screw fix :) ) Both really well lit though (y)

Broken - freaks me out but I'm glad its dead ( I have a phobia of frogs! ) Nice use of the DOF, draws the attention to the "vacant" eyes

Entertain: like how the lighting focuses mostly on your face. Showing quite a bit of detail there. Can't decide whether you are concentrating or amazed at what is on the screen so a shot that tells quite a story for me. It's kept me entertained for a few minutes pondering over it :D
Spiral: two good images there. Both are good in there own way. I like the minimalism of them both Can't really add anything that others haven't already mentioned.

Spirals - Definitely the spring for me, I think its the reflection that makes the shot, nicely detailed without taking too much away from the main subject. I'm not sure what it is about the screw, but it just doesn't quite work for me, possibly the poor finish of the metal (I blame screw fix :) ) Both really well lit though (y)

Broken - freaks me out but I'm glad its dead ( I have a phobia of frogs! ) Nice use of the DOF, draws the attention to the "vacant" eyes

Entertain: like how the lighting focuses mostly on your face. Showing quite a bit of detail there. Can't decide whether you are concentrating or amazed at what is on the screen so a shot that tells quite a story for me. It's kept me entertained for a few minutes pondering over it :D
Spiral: two good images there. Both are good in there own way. I like the minimalism of them both Can't really add anything that others haven't already mentioned.

Cheers, now I promise no more selfies......for a while :naughty:

A couple from Whitley Bay.......wonderful place.

#1, just looked up and saw the gulls silhouetted, happenstance.

#2, saw the grass silhouetted against the sky, used f2.8 was very shallow DOF and just liked it. The colour is on my Flickr and the blue light also works well.

Cheers.

Silhouette B&W-Edit by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Silhouette B&W by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
I love the texture on the surface of the screw, nice lighting, and the central composition works well.

Both silhouettes are good, but the grass is something special. Great spot and really nicely done.

Back