weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Hi Andy both proverbs work well with the picture, nicely composed family pic, good even lighting

HI Andy, I'm a great believer that a family who eats together stays together and even beyond that, many bonds are formed around the sharing of a meal.

I prefer the processing on the first one and I like the way the light falls off to a dark background returning the eye to the family and the table of food. Is Jackie's forehead a bit blown out? minor point, good work. ;)

B. :cow:

I've been after producing this idea for ages. Saved the material in a.....safe place, went to find it, bl**dy gone.

I had to settle for this material which didn't produce what I was after. Inspired by this Magritte photograph.

Anyways, this will be a reshoot, once I find the bl**dy material :)

Cheers.

Week 29 Pale by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy. I liked this on Flickr only to see that you had posted it 45 seconds before! Love the symmetry, has it been mirrored? Anyway, super image and better than the one you got inspiration from.

Btw Poor Izzy, how much did this cost you?

Hi Andy,

I'm playing catch up (as usual!)...

Animals: I like both photos but Animals 1 has it for me for the BG image and 2 for the little origami rabbit. Nice touch adding the shadows too.
Medical: What a sinister shot. Great fit to the theme. Just gone overboard with the red eyes IMHO.
Proverb: Good fun shots and good proverbs to go with them. Love the facial expressions :)
Pale: Interesting photo. I'd not seen the original before. It doesn't sit right with me though. The skin under the material feels like it's a touch too colourful for Pale though if that makes sense or the feel of the photo feels more dark than pale to me - sorry.

OMG .. yet more horror ... more Hannibal Lecter than Magritte tho my first thoughts were Goats Head Soup.

Your best selfie yet Andy .. regulation full frontal, the material is just perfect: grandma's knitting meets medieval armour.

I don't know about lighting a shot like this but it looks spot on to me.

Hi Andy. I liked this on Flickr only to see that you had posted it 45 seconds before! Love the symmetry, has it been mirrored? Anyway, super image and better than the one you got inspiration from.

Btw Poor Izzy, how much did this cost you?

@Brian_of_Bozeat cheers, mate, you are too kind.

I had two assistants, Isabelle and Hazel...cost me £20.00 :eek:

Hi Andy,

I'm playing catch up (as usual!)...

Animals: I like both photos but Animals 1 has it for me for the BG image and 2 for the little origami rabbit. Nice touch adding the shadows too.
Medical: What a sinister shot. Great fit to the theme. Just gone overboard with the red eyes IMHO.
Proverb: Good fun shots and good proverbs to go with them. Love the facial expressions :)
Pale: Interesting photo. I'd not seen the original before. It doesn't sit right with me though. The skin under the material feels like it's a touch too colourful for Pale though if that makes sense or the feel of the photo feels more dark than pale to me - sorry.

@Leebert hi, thanks for the feedback Totally agree with you on Pale, the original material was much finer and would not have shown any skin at all. One for a reshoot (y)

Cheers.

OMG .. yet more horror ... more Hannibal Lecter than Magritte tho my first thoughts were Goats Head Soup.

Your best selfie yet Andy .. regulation full frontal, the material is just perfect: grandma's knitting meets medieval armour.

I don't know about lighting a shot like this but it looks spot on to me.

@d00d Goats Head Soup, thanks for the heads up, never seen that before.

No selfie this week, though, this is my middle daughter :)

Cheers all.

Hi Andy, very interesting take on the theme, its all been said above about the symmetry, a little disturbing maybe, kind of Japanese horror movie

pity you couldn't find the original material, but it works as it is, very good indeed

Hi Andy. A very interesting and thought-provoking, mystery, image. Nice texture and lighting. Love it.:clap:

Now that certainly inst what I was expecting to see, love the symmetry and the lighting Andy, and I don't mind seeing the flesh trough the fabric either, my first thought when I saw it was Doctor Who :thinking:

Cheers, Dean @Dark Knight....EXTERMINATE....EXTERMINATE :)

Hi Andy, very interesting take on the theme, its all been said above about the symmetry, a little disturbing maybe, kind of Japanese horror movie

pity you couldn't find the original material, but it works as it is, very good indeed

Cheers, Allan, @alsjazzera, I was after disturbing (y)

Hi Andy. A very interesting and thought-provoking, mystery, image. Nice texture and lighting. Love it.:clap:

Cheers, Carl, @Carl Ayling appreciate the feedback (y)

Hi Andy ....not sure about this one, the knitted material just doesn't sit right for me, but I can see what d00d means it does look a bit medieval armourish. I actually think it looks better in the smaller image in you avatar.

No worries, Susie, it wasn't what I was after, but it's growing on me.

Cheers.

I love it when an idea pops into my head straight away.

I did a bit of PPing on a few edges; and the BG is a little uneven, checked my flashes after I'd uploaded and had one to -1 and one to -2 :( Lesson learned :)

Cheers and off to Spurn Point with Lynne shortly :dance:

Week 30 tears by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Well, that explains why the link didn't work, there's no "tear" pic here!

Anyway, harsh critique from me on this one, but it's honest.

Very creative, making something look like something else, I like that, so 10/10 for a great idea, but it looks rushed, DOF is very shallow and as a consequence parts of the leaves are OOF, plus there's CA on the bottom leaf which says to me you didn't take your time processing?

He is capable of much better, as I bet they used to say on your school report!

Sorry.

The image and your write up are there now. Forum playing up a little I think.

Last edited:
Well, that explains why the link didn't work, there's no "tear" pic here!

Anyway, harsh critique from me on this one, but it's honest.

Very creative, making something look like something else, I like that, so 10/10 for a great idea, but it looks rushed, DOF is very shallow and as a consequence parts of the leaves are OOF, plus there's CA on the bottom leaf which says to me you didn't take your time processing?

He is capable of much better, as I bet they used to say on your school report!

Sorry.

The image and your write up are there now. Forum playing up a little I think.

Morning, Brian, thanks for the crit, appreciate it (y)

Not getting this, "Well, that explains why the link didn't work, there's no "tear" pic here!"

There isn't any CA, that's the colour from the edges of the leaf.

Shallow DOF, agree, I tried to get a little experimental. Ideally I wanted a much shallower DOF, and managed to get neither too wide or too narrow.

Saying I'm capable of much better is very kind of you.

A long week ahead so I'm sure I'll have chances to produce something else.

Cheers bud.

Hi Andy, I see where you are going with this, its a nice idea, though I agree with Brian about the DoF the bottom leaf in particular is slightly OOF
I do feel it needs to be sharp all over

BG you have commented on yourself i am sure the people with the bright monitors will be along to say they think its fine, but i can see the difference on mine.

After all that I like it, even if it was a little rushed.
Enjoy your day at Spurn Point

Hi Andy. Must admit I didn't see too much wrong with the image itself which I thought was quite clear, colourful and detailed. The only thing I did sorta wonder about is the somewhat tenuous link to the theme.

When I looked first time the pic wasn't there, I think the forum was playing up a bit. Anyway, what you doing on here aren't you supposed to be at sperm point with that Blonde?

Typo? - maybe ;)

Looks just great to me .... and most interesting theme interpretation. (y)

Look closely and see imperfections ..... if you want.

Hi Andy, I see where you are going with this, its a nice idea, though I agree with Brian about the DoF the bottom leaf in particular is slightly OOF
I do feel it needs to be sharp all over

BG you have commented on yourself i am sure the people with the bright monitors will be along to say they think its fine, but i can see the difference on mine.

After all that I like it, even if it was a little rushed.
Enjoy your day at Spurn Point

Cheers. Allan, yeah, school boy error with DOF :)

Hi Andy. Must admit I didn't see too much wrong with the image itself which I thought was quite clear, colourful and detailed. The only thing I did sorta wonder about is the somewhat tenuous link to the theme.

Cheers, Carl, not sure it's a tenuous link, though :thinking:

When I looked first time the pic wasn't there, I think the forum was playing up a bit. Anyway, what you doing on here aren't you supposed to be at sperm point with that Blonde?

Typo? - maybe ;)

Spurn Point, been there and back now :grumpy:

Looks just great to me .... and most interesting theme interpretation. (y)

Look closely and see imperfections ..... if you want.

Cheers, David (y)

Strtange thing but I really do like that - colours, texture and composition all there ... plus of course well and truly themed.

Tear #1 - I was thinking along a similar idea, but yet to pull my finger out. Lovely textures.
Tear #2 - a very nice find indeed.

Ooooo you lucky bugger. Nicely shot Andy, love the colours and the texture, it's a cracker. (y)

Def teardrop-like ... and yes, good colour & texture. Composition-wise .. would like to see looser top crop.

Love your origami animals Andy, specially the first one - the drawn on eye gives the impression that he's thinking "how on earth did I end up here!"
Medical is a really great dark image and makes me wonder what she's thinking she would like to do to you :p
I'm not too keen on the pink and green combination for the second Tear shot, but I love the simplicity of the tear-shaped leaves(y)

Love your origami animals Andy, specially the first one - the drawn on eye gives the impression that he's thinking "how on earth did I end up here!"
Medical is a really great dark image and makes me wonder what she's thinking she would like to do to you :p
I'm not too keen on the pink and green combination for the second Tear shot, but I love the simplicity of the tear-shaped leaves(y)

Thanks for the feedback Elaine I appreciate it yes Jackie would like to do a lot of things with that but I won't go into them.

Tear I actually like the colours, I could quite easily change them, though. Again appreciate feedback and comments on the colour combination.

Thanks

Afternoon, all.

I'm struggling at bit. I have enthusiasm by the barrel full, ideas are always flowing, but I find myself questioning my submissions. Not a bad thing I guess as it 'forces' me to push myself.

Anyway, I'm working on improving my processing skills, specifically masks, layers and composites.

I liked the sentiments of this quote.

This one, I suspect, is a placeholder.

Cheers all and good luck with your Words (y)

Week 31 Words by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy, I know what you mean about struggling with it,

portrait is good as are the words just not sure they go together, but as you say a good opportunity to have a play in PS

The main thing is its different, to be honest I am expecting lots of scrabble or spaghetti pics, thats the cynic in me though

Hi Andy, I know what you mean about struggling with it,

portrait is good as are the words just not sure they go together, but as you say a good opportunity to have a play in PS

The main thing is its different, to be honest I am expecting lots of scrabble or spaghetti pics, thats the cynic in me though

Cheers, yup a decent landscape, bathed in a warm sunset would be much better than my mug....alas, it was never going to happen.

My main aim ATM is to try and post something different.

(y)

Hi Andy ....yes, do keep posting something different, it's an inspiration :)

Tears 1....I had to think about it ....but that's just me! Well done for finding such an unusual choice for the theme. I did wonder if a few drops of water on the leaves would have added to it, but that might make it just be too ordinary o_O

Tear 2 ....I prefer the looser crop as suggested by d00d ....definitely very eye catching colours.

Words ...that's a great quote ....I've not seen that before. Very clever the way you've overlaid it on to your face, I like that tiny bit of eye peeping through ticket. m not too sure about the plain white background, maybe it should be more transparent....it that makes sense !!

Back