weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

An abstract submission from me this week.
feels a bit freaky as well :runaway:
. lol. Maybe rotate the triangle so the apex is centred between her eye brows? I think if you made it much bigger it would over take her face. Nice concept :)

# 2 my first thoughts were WTF is that :) definitely interesting what is it?

Hi Andy.
#1 is a highly original and zany response to Geometrics but an absolute cracker. (The original portrait is beautiful in it's own right).
#2 looks like a mouldy snowflake - thought provoking but a bit flat with no shadows giving it substance ... whatever it is ha ha:clap:

Hi Andy, 1st one is a bit freaky but should the triangle be the other way up, the eyes to the mouth are naturally triangular

the 2nd one I like , not flat at all which was mentioned above but excellent detail,
the black BG is a little off at the bottom and there seems to be a few blown bits at the end of the arms ( :thinking: no idea what you would call them) of the seed pod, I do like a botanical image though

the first one with a bit of work could be really good, i like the idea of splitting up and rearranging the face with a different geometry

Number 2 for me, again I don't think it looks flat, there is lots of texture and detail to give interest.

Number one for me just looks wrong sorry.

Hi Andy ...not sure about #1 it gives me a sort of uneasy feeling, your daughter is far too pretty to have her face rearranged like that.
#2 Is that some sort of seed head in this one, I can see some shapes in the black background so I assume its on a flowerhead, a perfect find for Geometric..

. lol. Maybe rotate the triangle so the apex is centred between her eye brows? I think if you made it much bigger it would over take her face. Nice concept :)

# 2 my first thoughts were WTF is that :) definitely interesting what is it?

Cheers, yeah, I should have used a photograph where her face was more upright.

#2 is a poppy head, I think.

Hi Andy.
#1 is a highly original and zany response to Geometrics but an absolute cracker. (The original portrait is beautiful in it's own right).
#2 looks like a mouldy snowflake - thought provoking but a bit flat with no shadows giving it substance ... whatever it is ha ha:clap:

Cheers, might have another go at #1

Hi Andy, 1st one is a bit freaky but should the triangle be the other way up, the eyes to the mouth are naturally triangular

the 2nd one I like , not flat at all which was mentioned above but excellent detail,
the black BG is a little off at the bottom and there seems to be a few blown bits at the end of the arms ( :thinking: no idea what you would call them) of the seed pod, I do like a botanical image though

the first one with a bit of work could be really good, i like the idea of splitting up and rearranging the face with a different geometry

You have an eye for the details and always spot when the BG is off :). It does have its issues and one for a reshoot,I'm think.

Number 2 for me, again I don't think it looks flat, there is lots of texture and detail to give interest.

Number one for me just looks wrong sorry.

Cheer, no worries regarding #1, I'd be worried if everyone liked it. (y)

Hi Andy ...not sure about #1 it gives me a sort of uneasy feeling, your daughter is far too pretty to have her face rearranged like that.
#2 Is that some sort of seed head in this one, I can see some shapes in the black background so I assume its on a flowerhead, a perfect find for Geometric..

Hi, I totally agree about #1, it gives me an uneasy feeling as well.

It is a seed head, BG was black so must have missed some in processing.

Cheers all.

Hi Andy. Definitely the second one for me. I agree with Susie about your daughter's face, though it may have worked if the triangles had been the extended to be the whole shot, like a badly put together jigsaw?

Yes, your girl is far too pretty ... ungeometrified, I bet it's a cracking portrait.

The seed head would look better in its natural environment if it has a natural environment.

Last edited:
I think you do like to post process and play with different technique and effects of your photos. Agree with your self critique of the first shot, more of the triangles would be more apt for the theme. Nor sure what the second shot is but its an excellent shot never the less. Well lit, sharp and spot on focus with nice texture.

I really like the first idea and I think it has legs (IYSWIM). Perhaps you could work this into a themed set?

I agree with you that it might work better if it covered more of her face. (A couple of the triangles - in particular the bottom RHS triangle - are slightly out of position which jarres a little).

The poppy head looks similar to the shot I entered for the POTY last month and no-one liked that so whatever I think it must be rubbish :LOL:

I like both. The top one is very clever - but what did your pretty young model think?:)

Hi Andy. Definitely the second one for me. I agree with Susie about your daughter's face, though it may have worked if the triangles had been the extended to be the whole shot, like a badly put together jigsaw?

Cheers, I take on board all comments (y)

Yes, your girl is far too pretty ... ungeometrified, I bet it's a cracking portrait.

The seed head would look better in its natural environment if it has a natural environment.

Cheers, I did a few on #2 in my garden but it was a little busy.

I think you do like to post process and play with different technique and effects of your photos. Agree with your self critique of the first shot, more of the triangles would be more apt for the theme. Nor sure what the second shot is but its an excellent shot never the less. Well lit, sharp and spot on focus with nice texture.

Cheers, always here to learn new things.

I really like the first idea and I think it has legs (IYSWIM). Perhaps you could work this into a themed set?

I agree with you that it might work better if it covered more of her face. (A couple of the triangles - in particular the bottom RHS triangle - are slightly out of position which jarres a little).

The poppy head looks similar to the shot I entered for the POTY last month and no-one liked that so whatever I think it must be rubbish :LOL:

Cheers, Brian, I might have another go should a reshoot present itself. I'll have a look at your POTY poppy (y)

I like both. The top one is very clever - but what did your pretty young model think?:)

Cheers, Andrew, I might have missed all your submissions but will have a look and comment from now on (y)

Cheers all.

Hi Andy, is it an earring? It's a nice bright shot and I think B&W suits it. Can't see anything wrong :)

Hi Andy. I wasn't sure what #1 was until I read your response to Ian. #2 is fab so full marks to Jackie.

... Ooops, my apologies - meant full marks to Isabelle. She's making me feel inferior now.

Nice box of goodies, sits well on the garden table and in B&W ... not sure about the BG tho

... Ooops, my apologies - meant full marks to Isabelle. She's making me feel inferior now.

Cheers, she does have a decent eye.

Nice box of goodies, sits well on the garden table and in B&W ... not sure about the BG tho

Yeah, I agree about the BG, although I do like the textures on the table. It's very hard not to try and take over when I see her doing something 'wrong' :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, not too sure about your shot, I like the top bit where it's sharp against the white but on the next bit I find the background part distracting. But I like the general idea, I think it could work as one of your minimalist white shots.

#2 well done Isabelle, super focus and composition, spot on for the theme, do hop in again soon :)

Geometry #2 for me, superb detail, I think #1 would look better if it lined up between her brows but now see has already been mentioned.

Fashion - I prefer her's too, as Susie said, great focus and composition and what's a bit of vignetting between friends ;)

And can you make your linky got to the actual post containg the pic for that week instead of the first page of the thread you lazy bo_Ogger

Hi Andy, not too sure about your shot, I like the top bit where it's sharp against the white but on the next bit I find the background part distracting. But I like the general idea, I think it could work as one of your minimalist white shots.

#2 well done Isabelle, super focus and composition, spot on for the theme, do hop in again soon :)

Geometry #2 for me, superb detail, I think #1 would look better if it lined up between her brows but now see has already been mentioned.

Fashion - I prefer her's too, as Susie said, great focus and composition and what's a bit of vignetting between friends ;)

And can you make your linky got to the actual post containg the pic for that week instead of the first page of the thread you lazy bo_Ogger

Cheers, agree with everything you have said, especially about Isabelles and, I added the vignette in post; should have posted the SOOC.

Oopps, link )

The colour one for me, I also considered imitating Blakey's 100 strangers style composition and bg. :wink: (y)

I'm a b&w fan so #2 for me - all those great shadows and shades, really gritty with that bg. :clap:

Ah ... the Chilled shots look more like Fashion shots. ;)

I like it in colour.

The colour one for me, I also considered imitating Blakey's 100 strangers style composition and bg. :wink: (y)

I'm a b&w fan so #2 for me - all those great shadows and shades, really gritty with that bg. :clap:

Ah ... the Chilled shots look more like Fashion shots. ;)

I like it in colour.

Colour looks very nice! Like the contrast. Just needs a batman shadow 'Photo Shopped' onto the wall.

Cheers all. Wonder what Friday will bring :)

@Brian_of_Bozeat :p

Hi Andy,
Chilled: Love the expression, I thought that was the standard "look" cool for teenages! Got to be the colour version with those glasses and cap.

Hi Andy, great expression on Isabelle there, the only problem I have with it are the bricks not running straight but thats a bit picky to be honest

Hi Andy,
Chilled: Love the expression, I thought that was the standard "look" cool for teenages! Got to be the colour version with those glasses and cap.

@choppie she's not a teenager yet, interesting times when she turns 13 :)

Hi Andy, great expression on Isabelle there, the only problem I have with it are the bricks not running straight but thats a bit picky to be honest

Cheers, Allan, as usual good eye regarding the BG. I didn't even notice it 'in camera' :arghh:

Hey Andy :)

Geometry - Ooooo how bizarre is that, the first one of your girl makes me all squiffy :confused: as for the second shot, the sort of whatever it is (nature's 'skips') super detail, and so well lit too, spot on mate (y)

Fashion - Nice trinket, nowt wrong with either image, I actually prefer the high key first shot :)

Cool - Isabelle is Sooooo perfect for these type of images, she looks so full of character and attitude, pictures are bang on (barr wonky horizon) but the colour is stand out for me, another (y)

Hi Andy, sorry I've not been here for a while. Love the idea behind your geometric shot of Isabelle. I think it may have been better if her head had been vertical instead of slightly tilted, but a good shot nevertheless. She's a great model and I like both versions of Chilled, but for some reason the b/w just has the edge for me.

Hey Andy :)

Geometry - Ooooo how bizarre is that, the first one of your girl makes me all squiffy :confused: as for the second shot, the sort of whatever it is (nature's 'skips') super detail, and so well lit too, spot on mate (y)

Fashion - Nice trinket, nowt wrong with either image, I actually prefer the high key first shot :)

Cool - Isabelle is Sooooo perfect for these type of images, she looks so full of character and attitude, pictures are bang on (barr wonky horizon) but the colour is stand out for me, another (y)

Bloody wall :)

Cheers, Dean. I do like the high key one as well (y)

Hi Andy, sorry I've not been here for a while. Love the idea behind your geometric shot of Isabelle. I think it may have been better if her head had been vertical instead of slightly tilted, but a good shot nevertheless. She's a great model and I like both versions of Chilled, but for some reason the b/w just has the edge for me.

Cheers, Elaine, no worries. I agree about the vertical head. B&W for me as well :)

Back