weekly Quicksnapper's 52 week challenge ... Week 19 - "Household" added

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
Definitely up for it this time around. Must read the posting instructions and get my head round it all ...

Awaiting the first theme with anticipation ...

Thanks all. Now looking to give "Patterns" a try.

Could someone tell me how to edit the heading of my thread please. Doesn't seem to let you do it from the "edit" link. (Sorry for being such a numpty, if it's dead easy and i've missed it!!)

First attempt at posting to this thread. Hope i've done it right ...this is a "Patterns" shot I'm using for practice ... water droplets on a cobweb.

Web and Water by NittyNattyNora, on Flickr

It's on the top right of the page - Thread Tools. Click and then edit the title. (it took me a while to find it!).

Thanks Lee. Found it now, but simply can NOT make the link process work. Must be doing something wrong. I have the image in my thread and have somehow managed also to post in the other thread too, but from there I am a lost cause.!!!??? The link process is beyond me. ..... think I'll put the kettle on, calm down and try one more time ...

Very cool pattern, Sara. The framing is pleasing and the use of portrait orientation adds to the feeling of weight that the droplets have on the web.

Thanks all ... lovely feedback. And now I think I've finally worked out how to do the links, I hope there will be more to follow.

:)

Hi, belting detail in most of the photograph, I'd prefer sharp focus across all the photograph. That said, you've posted week 0 :clap:

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

HI Sarah & welcome to the 52's nutty corner :wave:

that's a beautiful web...I cold stare at that for hours & not get bored ,amazing detail & a great blue bg :clap:

Dunno if you've sussed the posting bit yet ? If you haven't this is how I do it........

Post in your thread as normal . The copy the link from the very top of the page -your's is currently : http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th...e-thread-week-1-practice.571469/#post-6635484

Go to the Photo only thread & write some ie " clicky linky " Highlight the words by left click & dragging across them then click on the paperclip type symbol in the tool bar ( there's 2 paperclip symbols & you need the one without the "x" in it .That will open a dialog box, paste the link in to that you copied from the top of your thread page & click " insert" .That will give you the link direct to your page . Then just put the picture in & job's sorted (y)

HI Sarah & welcome to the 52's nutty corner :wave:

that's a beautiful web...I cold stare at that for hours & not get bored ,amazing detail & a great blue bg :clap:

Dunno if you've sussed the posting bit yet ? If you haven't this is how I do it........

Post in your thread as normal . The copy the link from the very top of the page -your's is currently : http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th...e-thread-week-1-practice.571469/#post-6635484

Go to the Photo only thread & write some ie " clicky linky " Highlight the words by left click & dragging across them then click on the paperclip type symbol in the tool bar ( there's 2 paperclip symbols & you need the one without the "x" in it .That will open a dialog box, paste the link in to that you copied from the top of your thread page & click " insert" .That will give you the link direct to your page . Then just put the picture in & job's sorted (y)

Thanks Lynne. Glad you like my picture. I was sure there must be a simple way of making it all work but just couldn't get it right!! :mad:

I was struggling with it for some reason. I'll wait for the first "proper" theme and have another go. Looking forward to whatever the weekly theme throws at us over the year ....

Hi Sara and welcome ...I love the spiders web and the blue background is really lovely ... it makes such a nice change from the usual dark ones... a great choice for the theme.

There is a lot to remember at first with all the linky bits ... I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Hi Sara and welcome ...I love the spiders web and the blue background is really lovely ... it makes such a nice change from the usual dark ones... a great choice for the theme.

There is a lot to remember at first with all the linky bits ... I'm sure you'll get the hang of it.

Lol ... Thanks Susie. I've re-read the instructions several times and actually written them down as a personal idiots guide to posting!!! Just waiting for the first "real" theme. At least I've got 52 attempts to get it right, so I'm sure it will click eventually. Bring it on .....

:):):)

Thanks Andrea and Mandy. Glad you like my pic, which is a we'd taken against the sky after a rain storm ... Looking forward to the first theme ... :)

Lovely simple shot Sara. The blue works very well throughout the image. The various sized water droplets all generate interest and keep me looking for a while.

Couple of things - Re the link:- I kept getting a blank page clicking your link from the photo page back to here. And #2, when I try and click through to your image on Flickr (to bigger it) I am told it's private :( Is that by accident or design?

great choice of shot Sara, the web is so delicate, and I really like the blue background

Lovely simple shot Sara. The blue works very well throughout the image. The various sized water droplets all generate interest and keep me looking for a while.

Couple of things - Re the link:- I kept getting a blank page clicking your link from the photo page back to here. And #2, when I try and click through to your image on Flickr (to bigger it) I am told it's private :( Is that by accident or design?

Thanks Ian. I have to admit I did get my undergarments in a bit of a twist working out how to make the link function, in spite having read the instructions several times!! Think I've got it now though so hope I won't get it wrong 52 times over the coming year!! I guess that's what practice weeks are about, ironing out the wrinkles and making sure we know what we're doing!!!

The flickr thing ... Yes, I did make it a private view but can change it. Never occurred to me that anyone would want to follow it back .... I'll change the settings. Looking forward to the first "real" theme which should be next Friday I think.

welcome Sara

that's got to be one of the best wet web shots ever

but I'm wondering what it might be like if you halved it ... make a square of the bottom half and zoom to fit the screen (?)

Thanks David for your kind words. It's quite an old shot ... Just one I pulled out to try out the posting process really.

Never thought about a square crop. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it looks.

Welcome to 2015 52s Sara - a lovely image to start the year! With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while.

Thanks Elaine. This is a first for me so now looking forward to having a go at the first "real" theme. Think it should be out today ... With such a good turn out this year, there ought to be plenty of ideas and inspiration emerging.

Always been a bit shy about posting my stuff online to be honest, but I need to do it to get some feedback.

What will it be we wonder .....??

Week 1 - Bliss. My first attempt at focus stacking, so here's some blissful cake make up of an 8 image stack, processes on Helicon Focus and then LR5.

FruitCake1 by NittyNattyNora, on Flickr

Hi Sara firstly good luck for your 52 challenge this year.

Your pattern shot was great one of my favs of the week :clap:

And another cracker this week. The cake is not my idea of bliss but a lovely photo.

Hi Sara! Yumm! Lots of rich tones in there and I love the shine coming from the fruit and nuts. The background colour adds to the indulgent feel of it too. Very nice!
Ferg

Hi, decent but if stacking there, just a few OOF buts at the back. Good lighting, slightly warm which works well.

As a technical excessive, good start.

Cheers.

Hi, decent but if stacking there, just a few OOF buts at the back. Good lighting, slightly warm which works well.

As a technical excessive, good start.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy and all ... I know the stacking isn't quite bob on, but it was, literally, my first ever go. Need to get a bit better at working with the DOF on my lens and the general set up. Can't repeat it though, sadly, as lots of the cake has now disappeared ..... :rolleyes:

The cake was posed against a red background and sitting on a red plate to get the surrounding tones uniform. all in all, I'm quitepeased with the way it turned out, so will have more goes at the whole process and hopefully get a bit more skilled.

Lovely deeper tones on the fruit and nut. I'd be tempted to see what a smaller crop would be like omitting the red background just to see if it excentuated the tones even more :)

I know nothing at all about stacking so cannot pass comment on it - but I like the picture and if it was chocolate cake it would be pure bliss for me.

Great use of stacking, I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, all in all a great start.

Hiya Sara, I've never tried focus stacking but your shot looks great from that perspective so very well done if that was your first go!

I'd personally prefer a little more diffuse lighting on the nuts/berries (basically just a bigger light source) - even using a window on an overcast day works well as a big, soft light source. But otherwise it's very well done :)

Good to see how you actually got to the end result. not something I've tried. Fruit and nuts well lt. Would have preferred to see the whole of the cake in the pic, minus a slice.

Back