weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

I can only agree taking the highlights down a touch has certainly improved it not that it was bad before. Nice black BG too
Cheers Allan, thanks for dropping by :)

Nice Halloween picture, the black background suits it well
Thanks Mark,

I had a struggle to get the black BG with the amount of ambient light, but it was worth the faffing about :)

Number 2 for me as well with the brightness dialled down a bit. Lovely image of a lovely little girl.

Spooky
Great shots and she doesn't look too displeased. For me the second is slightly better with the toned down lighting.

Number 2 for me as well with the brightness dialled down a bit. Lovely image of a lovely little girl.
Spooky
Great shots and she doesn't look too displeased. For me the second is slightly better with the toned down lighting.
Thanks both, comments are much appreciated. She is looking forward to wearing her skeleton costume fr next year already :)

I like Borrowed. Good shot with a good narrative behind it. Did they take you for a spin in it too? :)

Spooky - Second shot is lovely. Nice lighting and colour.

I like Borrowed. Good shot with a good narrative behind it. Did they take you for a spin in it too? :)

Spooky - Second shot is lovely. Nice lighting and colour.
Thanks Lee, comments much appreciated. Unfortunately there are no engines on the aircraft :)

I really like this one, the DoF and focus are spot on, plus the object in the background really works well.

I really like this one, the DoF and focus are spot on, plus the object in the background really works well.
Thanks Jim, just a simple shot, but `i was running out of time so thought I'd have a go at this :)

Excellent shot Rick!(y)

Nice framing and composition, and the mono works too.
Say...are they those plastic ice cubes? (I have a load of those too)
Or did you succeed in getting real, clear ice cubes?
I have tried to get perfectly clear ice cubes, but it's next to impossible!:LOL:

Excellent shot Rick!(y)

Nice framing and composition, and the mono works too.
Say...are they those plastic ice cubes? (I have a load of those too)
Or did you succeed in getting real, clear ice cubes?
I have tried to get perfectly clear ice cubes, but it's next to impossible!:LOL:
Thanks Gareth, I have to admit, they are plastic :)

Good choice for the theme it never crossed my mind :banghead:
I like how the object behind the glass kind of echoes the shape of the glass, nice DoF too

Hi Rick

Excellent work for Short, I did think of the same, but my whisky did not last long enough. Nice clean detail in the image.

Pete

Hi Rick

Excellent work for Short, I did think of the same, but my whisky did not last long enough. Nice clean detail in the image.

Pete
Thanks Pete, much appreciated :)

Good shot for short Rick. Perfect for the theme and a great composition.
Thanks Lee, it actually worked out much better than the effort I put in on this occasion :)

It`s all been said on your short shot, but what I also like about it is you managed to handle reflections really well in the glass so a good job done.
Thanks Dave :)

Noticed we had done a similar shot for this weeks theme, great minds and all that.

Spot on theme. Like the contrast of the foreground natural growth and the background man-made heavy industrial plant.
Thanks Stan,

Much appreciated :)

Great work Rick!:clap:

The first image is excellent, with well balanced colours and a strong composition.
Your later B&W images are really superb...especially the last one - this is my favourite!
The composition is top notch, and the road is very well placed.

Great work Rick!:clap:

The first image is excellent, with well balanced colours and a strong composition.
Your later B&W images are really superb...especially the last one - this is my favourite!
The composition is top notch, and the road is very well placed.
Thanks Gareth,

Those comments are much appreciated as always :)

I'm a little late with my "far" image as we have been snowed under with continued flooding at work. I will be catching up with that, and the new theme very soon all being well.

Watch this space

It's going to have to be a shoehorn for 'far' I'm afraid, I had plans to get out later and shoot something I wanted, but those plans have been scuppered now :(

I have something better planned for this week's theme though :)

It was 'far' too cold to be in the back garden in my slippers... :whistle:

DSCF0169 by rick phillips, on Flickr

That`s a good effort, but I think you might know that the shutter speed might of been a bit to low.
I agree, I just grabbed the camera off the side and basically switched to F11 without checking anything else, I had plenty of attitude in the ISO but didn't even look. Not making excuses (well actually I am) but I was trying to stop Natiya walking barefoot into the garden behind me and not waking her mum up) The 10-24 would have also been a better lens for this I think, but it was upstairs in my bag, with the T3 and H1. :)

I agree, I just grabbed the camera off the side and basically switched to F11 without checking anything else, I had plenty of attitude in the ISO but didn't even look. Not making excuses (well actually I am) but I was trying to stop Natiya walking barefoot into the garden behind me and not waking her mum up) The 10-24 would have also been a better lens for this I think, but it was upstairs in my bag, with the T3 and H1. :)

You need a 16mm f1.4 :D

Back