weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Lots of detail there Stan and definitely Metal (y)

And as I've got about as much mechanical knowledge as a slug not got a clue what it is :thinking:

Lovely image, like the detail and the crop - suits B&W as well :)

Is it part of a firearms mechanism (i was initially thinking shotgun when I saw it but perhaps a tad complex for that!)

Thank you Jon for dropping by and commenting. An interest guess but not firearm either.

Thanks Carl, I think it's old enough first introduced in 1978 but you are correct about the clean environment and it's not a typewriter.
Now that's thrown me - can clean be a clue but then it can't be something like a dishwasher or washing machine - not that old and why keep it? Something collectible or that has an intrinsic or sentimental value and used indoors to meet the clean criteria. Still looks office machine to me so maybe one of those old desk calculators with the roll of paper ... or a sewing or knitting machine. (Ooooops, that's three guesses ... and probably still managed to strike out)

Thats a cracking image Stan!
As to what, I'm sure I've seen that or something similar before, but I'm buggered if I can remember what or where though.

Hi Stan, love the abstactness of your image. So many thinks to look at and the details is brilliant. Good luck completing your 52

A barometer perhaps Stan ?

No not that either Carl. It's mechanical.

Thats a cracking image Stan!
As to what, I'm sure I've seen that or something similar before, but I'm buggered if I can remember what or where though.

Cheers Chris and you might have once I reveal the answer unless someone got it first. :D

A good interpretation of the theme. Shows the subject well. Is it a gear sprocket on a bike wild guess just to say I have tried. :banana:

I've got a feeling I've seen something like it before but can't place it, looks like it is in a cast casing (bottom edge) and I'm guessing the pawl on the left engages with something in the cover so possibly something you wind up and may be has an intermittent action but as I said, can't quite recall...

Good tonal range and nicely on theme

Hi Stan, love the abstactness of your image. So many thinks to look at and the details is brilliant. Good luck completing your 52

Thanks Lee, I'll try my best to complete this year too. Looking back I quite enjoy doing last year's 52 but not the first one in 2011 even though I did complete it. I remember about 4 months in I found the themes quite difficult and got fallen behind by a few weeks but the themes just keep coming every week at the same time I just lost my mojo too. However my perseverance and fellow 52er's encouragement carried me through in the end. :)

A good interpretation of the theme. Shows the subject well. Is it a gear sprocket on a bike wild guess just to say I have tried. :banana:

Hi Mandy, Susie guessed motor bike and no it got nothing to do with bikes at all neither motorised nor pedal.

I've no idea's what it is either :(...

Like the shot thou.

Cheers Nigel.

I've got a feeling I've seen something like it before but can't place it, looks like it is in a cast casing (bottom edge) and I'm guessing the pawl on the left engages with something in the cover so possibly something you wind up and may be has an intermittent action but as I said, can't quite recall...

Good tonal range and nicely on theme

Hi Chris, :) you are getting very close and correct about the case casting and cover. Yes there's a cover to go on top, actually bottom of the gearing assembly. Spot on the winding up part too. I'm sure someone will be along soon with the correct answer. :D

Hi Stan,

Old - Its a great image, I just feel the shadows have been lifted slightly too much. I think they would add to an image of this calibre!

Metal - Excellent details and very fitting for the theme.B&W processing works very well too. Great start to the 52 :)

Hi Stan very nice B/W shot, so what is it the wife thinks it’s a camera loll I will have an intelligent guess as to an old music box.

That church interior is fantastic. Perfect use of HDR.. I wish my church interiors looked half as good as that.. Thumbs up

:clap: :clap: :clap: And we have a winner of :jaffa:. Well done and the cookie goes to.......... Mrs tyres1.

Yes, it’s the bottom of an old SLR camera film advance mechanism.

Week 01 A1-11857 by Stan, on Flickr

Week 01 - Metal Canon A1 by Stan, on Flickr

My very first SLR camera, Canon A-1 from 1978.

Catching up with my commenting.

Old - That's a stunning photo, perfect use of HDR.
Metal - love the abstract nature of this and nice detail in the shot. to late to guess but would never have got it anyway :)

Was so gonna say camera - but honestly it was a guess rather than any knowledge!

2 fantastic images to get you started :)

I would never have guessed a camera - the size of the screw heads looked chunky and suggested something larger. No virtual biscuit then .. .oh well, could do with dieting.

Catching up with my commenting.

Old - That's a stunning photo, perfect use of HDR.
Metal - love the abstract nature of this and nice detail in the shot. to late to guess but would never have got it anyway :)

Thanks Steve, I'm not really into HDR but in this instant with the dark interior contrasting with the bright sun light from the windows I thought I may try the processes again.

I don’t believe it the wife was right I only mentioned it because I thought it so ridiculous loll all in good fun, all I’m getting now is I told you so.:banghead:

Back