weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Metal did have me puzzled for quite some time, as others have said, it’s one of those images that I have seen before... Really liked your "old" submission and your most recent captive, excellent detail and good choice of subject.

Like all you pictures so far I had no idea what the metal one was but liked it anyway
love the crisp clear detail on the dragon fantastic shot especially through glass

Thanks Alison, You know it's the film advance gearings of an old SLR.

Metal did have me puzzled for quite some time, as others have said, it’s one of those images that I have seen before... Really liked your "old" submission and your most recent captive, excellent detail and good choice of subject.

Cheers Jeff.

Great details and I too prefer the crop. Beteer framing and detail. Well done! :). Some interesting tips in the thread as well thanks folks!

Thanks Richard and me too prefer the cropped version.

My first idea of Tilt & Shift mini world attempt was nowhere near my previous effect so decided to dig out my kids’ Lego along with my old film SLR camera, again, and ended up with this. A wee bit of humour I hope.

Week 3 - Miniature

Week 03 Miniature Lego by Stan, on Flickr

Very good, you've set it up perfectly. Made me smile too.

Why are all the Lego figures this week Stormtroopers?

Can't fault it. On topic, love the background and the use of an entire shot rather than relying on DoF to highlight the theme. Plus, who doesn't like storm troopers, lego and cameras?

Hi, one of the better Lego shots, well thought out it tells a story

Very good, you've set it up perfectly. Made me smile too.

Why are all the Lego figures this week Stormtroopers?

Thanks Nick, glad you like the shot. Star Wars is the hot topic just now these are the captured one and put to work doing something useful rather than killing the good guys.

That's brilliantly set up and very funny - I hope those storm troopers are going to post the results on here somewhere...

Cheers Emma, no free time permitted for these prisoners! :)

Humour indeed (y)
nicely set up and taken Stan (y)

I like that Stan, as you say it is the humour and setting that makes the shot.
Good work avoiding the temptation to use a shallow DoF.

Cheers Tim, a bit of fun and a wee smile to pass the day.

Can't fault it. On topic, love the background and the use of an entire shot rather than relying on DoF to highlight the theme. Plus, who doesn't like storm troopers, lego and cameras?

Thanks Ian, I like them too but not necessary in that order

:)

Very funny - loving the concept and bang on the theme. This works really well; the clean composition and unfussy bg focuses our attention on the figures - fabulous stuff.

Spooks

Great use of the Lego stormtroopers and the camera. Really suits the theme and makes a very captivating image.

Humour indeed (y)
nicely set up and taken Stan (y)

Cheers Chris, took me a while to get the lighting the way I wanted it. I think its acceptable in the end.

Lovely shot gave me a smile when I first saw it. Nicely set up and tells a story.

Thanks Steve.

Thats a good one Stan, nice to see a film camera in the digital age. Great use of the lego troopers. Nice lighting and composition.

Cheers Michael, good to you here again for another year of fun or torture. :)

Very funny - loving the concept and bang on the theme. This works really well; the clean composition and unfussy bg focuses our attention on the figures - fabulous stuff.

Spooks

Thanks Simon glad you like the shot.

Great use of the Lego stormtroopers and the camera. Really suits the theme and makes a very captivating image.

Thanks Colm

:clap:Hi Stan. I turn my back for a day or two and look how far behind I am with comments !!! Nice fun image. Always wondered how a camera worked .... some people try and make it sound technological and very complicated hah! Great detailing and lighting - very imaginative.

:clap:Hi Stan. I turn my back for a day or two and look how far behind I am with comments !!! Nice fun image. Always wondered how a camera worked .... some people try and make it sound technological and very complicated hah! Great detailing and lighting - very imaginative.

Thanks Carl for the nice words. Every year there's always loads of threads to comment in the first few weeks than normally people start to drop off and make life easier to comment then.

Top notch photo Stan ...love the concept and the composition, excellent :)

Cheers Susie I'm pleased you like the shot.

Hi. Never done one of these, and I like it. A little lift on the lens would make the top trooper more vertical.

They do work well together.

Cheers.

Hi. Never done one of these, and I like it. A little lift on the lens would make the top trooper more vertical.

They do work well together.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy, the camera itself is level. I've to use a bit of Blu Tack to keep the top trooper to stand upright and I think I haven't quite got it quite straight.

Loving the Miniature picture Stan, fab lighting and the sort of composition that keeps you looking around to see what else is happening. :clap::clap:

Nice one Stan. Do you have a load of storm troopers or is it a multi composite thingy?

It looks like he is straining to turn the knob - nothing more to add grate shot :clap:

Thanks Ruth, that was my intention to put him up there.

Loving the Miniature picture Stan, fab lighting and the sort of composition that keeps you looking around to see what else is happening. :clap::clap:

Thanks Jill.

Hi Stan,
Very good, you've set it up perfectly great thinking

Miniature storm troopers are out in force for this theme.
Fun picture well set up I really like it.

Last edited:
Back