weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

I have a few ideas for this week and during the last few days I managed to capture three different shots but decided to submit this one. Actually, I shot this about an hour before the last week's Bent shot. I prefer it for the less common square crop ratio, symmetry, and abstract.

Week 40 - Wooden

Week 40 Wood S by Stan, on Flickr

3 very nice pics Stan, the first the patterns are great and I like how they alternate between vertical and horizontal, though it plays havoc with my eyes and brain..
Lovely wood scene, nice and calm really like the colours in there too. My pick of the 3.
Really like the abandoned building with nice shadows over the door and wall.

3 very nice pics Stan, the first the patterns are great and I like how they alternate between vertical and horizontal, though it plays havoc with my eyes and brain..
Lovely wood scene, nice and calm really like the colours in there too. My pick of the 3.
Really like the abandoned building with nice shadows over the door and wall.

All good shots for wood and all on theme Stan, my choice has to be #3. The shadows casting on the old door really give it the edge for me, nice colours and texture.

Thanks, Michael and Dave. Glad you like the shots, I like all of them and each has its own merits.

Nice set of shots Stan. I like the 3rd one the most, the old shutters and stone work look really rustic

#3 for me too. And the smattering of shadow works well.

They're all such excellent choices for the themes Stan, I love all the bendy roads, but my favourite it the elevated shot where it curves like a snake.
The tree sure is bent, it reminds me of some here when the the north winds blow.
#1 for wood is a real eye catcher, love the close crop, but then I scanned down and saw the shutters and that's one of my favourite types of photo so i think that's my pick of the three.

I don't normally .like borders but I do wonder if the first would benefit from one particularly against the white background on here? I do like it as a choice for the theme though, the contrast of the modern timber with the stone wall behind is good. That said #3 is a classic and nicely done.

They're all such excellent choices for the themes Stan, I love all the bendy roads, but my favourite it the elevated shot where it curves like a snake.
The tree sure is bent, it reminds me of some here when the the north winds blow.
#1 for wood is a real eye catcher, love the close crop, but then I scanned down and saw the shutters and that's one of my favourite types of photo so i think that's my pick of the three.

Thanks, Susie for the catch-up comments. For some reasons, there are quite a few abandoned houses in that village could well be that they belong to Turk Cypriot.

Here are a few more Wooden shots from my walkabout.

Old Wooden Door 228 by Stan, on Flickr

Blue Wood Door 229 by Stan, on Flickr

Wooden Window 230 by Stan, on Flickr

Wood 231 by Stan, on Flickr

Hi Stan, What a fantastic display, looks really good against the white wall and the blue sky. I like the shot with your car in but I this the best one is the older shot of the bendy road, it is a pain when things you can't move get in the way of your shot:). Finally so many choices for wooden, my 2 favourites are the broken shutters in your first post, I like the colours and the shadows in this one and the one with the blue door and the cat. The cat makes this one very appealing :D

I don't normally .like borders but I do wonder if the first would benefit from one particularly against the white background on here? I do like it as a choice for the theme though, the contrast of the modern timber with the stone wall behind is good. That said #3 is a classic and nicely done.

Thanks, Chris. Agree what you said about borders, something like this?

Hi Stan, What a fantastic display, looks really good against the white wall and the blue sky. I like the shot with your car in but I this the best one is the older shot of the bendy road, it is a pain when things you can't move get in the way of your shot:). Finally so many choices for wooden, my 2 favourites are the broken shutters in your first post, I like the colours and the shadows in this one and the one with the blue door and the cat. The cat makes this one very appealing :D

Thanks, Georgina and pleased you like the shots I'm happy with the result too.

It looks as though the cat is happy to pose for me.

Agh, waay to many to choose/comment Stan!
I like the original with the opposing struts, but Im a sucker for textural shots like the 230 and 233....very hard to xhoose...

Are you living there now ?

Agh, waay to many to choose/comment Stan!
I like the original with the opposing struts, but Im a sucker for textural shots like the 230 and 233....very hard to xhoose...

Are you living there now ?

Thanks, Mark. Not full time here about 3-4 months a year. Bought an apartment here 11 years ago. Semi-retired for about two years now.

Hi Stan,

Display - Good use of complimentary colours and that's a great blue sky.
No fair travelling to Cyprus for the theme ;)

Bent - The archive shot for me. You're right to select the one with the car over the other shot you took for the theme in order to add a focal point, but it's not doing much.
Perhaps a touch of oppo and some tyre smoke would bring it to life (you could position the car and add smoke and blur in pp if you don't fancy doing it irl).
Alternatively, popping back for that bent tree once the theme was announced...

Wood - 1 & 3. I like the patterns in 1, but also like the dereliction in 3.

I like the wooden mantle interesting and so old. Someone has used ply for a door not a good idea. Great ideas for wood.:clap:

Wood
I like the shutters, especially the fact that they are at different right angles.
Wall
Good textures with the greys and blacks. I think I'd like to see a bit more of the building.

I like the different colour bricks on your wall shot Stan and the angle is shot at

Wood
I like the shutters, especially the fact that they are at different right angles.
Wall
Good textures with the greys and blacks. I think I'd like to see a bit more of the building.

Thanks, Dominic. I prefer that Wood shot over all the others too. Access and available viewpoints to the wall are limited due to the fact that it is still a building site.

Really like the shot of the shutters for "wood" and thats a fine collection of doors, the blue one with the cat is particularly appealing

I think you have done well with wall interesting cladding

Really like the shot of the shutters for "wood" and thats a fine collection of doors, the blue one with the cat is particularly appealing

I think you have done well with wall interesting cladding

Thanks, Allan. Luckily there are so many abandoned and disrepair houses in the villages around Paphos with some interesting wooden doors.

Wall, interesting building and nice contrast in the sky

Thanks, Chris.

Hi Stan ...thank you for the extra doors and window, they're irresistible aren't they.

That's a smashing Wall ...I actually like it cropped right in so it just shows the right hand side against the blue sky.

Thanks, Susie. Interesting idea may give it a go.

Back